The file /dev/system does not exist

• I have installed libreelec on a lot of Nexbox A95X, but a new box now with a strange problem, hope there is someone who can adress this issue. As you can see below, I could not install 8.2.

Nexbox A95X S905X 1GB 8GB

SSH - 8.2:

Type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes

Backing up device tree...done.

Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.

SSH - 7.0.3

Type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes

Backing up recovery partition...done.

Formatting SYSTEM partition.../dev/system contains a ext4 file system labelled 'system'

last mounted on /system on Sun Oct 1 12:10:45 2017

e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)

/dev/system: clean, 11/65536 files, 12635/262144 blocks

done.

Writing kernel image...done.

Copying SYSTEM files...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument

done.

Copying remote.conf...done.

umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument

Writing device tree image...done.

Formatting DATA partition...Warning: could not erase sector 2: Attempt to write block to filesystem resulted in short write

Warning: could not read block 0: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read

Warning: could not erase sector 0: Attempt to write block to filesystem resulted in short write

Warning, had trouble writing out superblocks.done.

The installation of 7.0.3 failed the first time, making the box not booting, but second install went through.
    But not even now when I have got rid of Android I still can`t install 8.2, PLEASE HELP :D

• Perform a reboot, connect over SSH and grab dmesg | paste. Post result here.

If possible, please grab this both for 7.0.3 and 8.2. It doesn't matter if you boot from internal, SD or USB.

• What the hell is this. In the other thread you could see what kind of nand chip he had? Box is also extremly slow under Android, OK BOX= R/W 45MB/9,3MB, Problem box: R/W: 22MB/4,2MB

• Hi,

So I have used Nexbox A95X ( A95X-B7N) for almost a year, installed Libreelec on maybe 15 pieces. But lately there is a new problem on 2 of the boxes received. They are extremly slow under Android, and Libreelec is not possible to install as it can`t access the internal storage. "

Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.

Found out the 2 boxes with problems have another NAND chip.

OK: Samsung KLM8G1WEPD-B031

NOT OK: EUDAR EMB1CTTCL1F008

Please driver to NAND EUDAR ?

• Hi guys,

any news on this front? I seem to have such a box (which is fine with SD card, though), but seems to have such a EUDAR NAND as well ...

Using device tree with _nand suffix does not help.:(

Cheers,

chessplayer