Blu Ray spins up, but dos not playback

• Hello Forum,

My system:

Odrodid C2 with with LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.01

Attached devices via USB: 1 HDD, 1 DVD/Blu Ray player, DVB-T2-stick

As I would like to playback Blu Rays, I followed the instruction here blu-ray [LibreELEC], which says that I only have to install KEYDB.cfg. As the mentioned link does not work, I got KEYDB.cfg from here: KEYDB.cfg.

When I insert a Blu Ray, the drive spins up and the Kodi menu shows "Disk". When I click "playback disk", the drive spins up again, but the movie does not start. Nothing changes at the screen (TV via HDMI), no error messages.

Playback of DVDs works without problems.

What can I do, to trace the reason for this result?

Where can I see logs/error messages?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help and regards

Fasterix

• After running this command, everything worked fine for me.

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.config/aacs && curl http://www.labdv.com/aacs/KEYDB.cfg -o /storage/.config/aacs/KEYDB.cfg
  • mkdir -p /storage/.config/aacs && curl KEYDB.cfg -o /storage/.config/aacs/KEYDB.cfg

This did not work for me. The KEYDB.cfg file does not contain any keys, instead it shows an error message of a not resolved URL:

HTML
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>404 Not Found</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL /aacs/KEYDB.cfg was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr>
    <address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at www.labdv.com Port 80</address>
    </body></html>

So instead I executed

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.config/aacs && curl http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/files/KEYDB.cfg -o /storage/.config/aacs/KEYDB.cfg

This gave me a file with reasonable size and the KEYDB.cfg apparently contains key information:

What I wonder:

1. is my KEYDB.cfg the correct file? If not, where can I receive the correct one?

2. If this is the correct KEYDB.cfg, what am I missing/doing wrong?

Thanks for your kind help

Fasterix

• the source of the "official" keydb is down for some reason

so all links are down too :/

Yes, I see.

Maybe someone can compare, if http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/files provides the same KEYDB,cfg file as "the official server"? At least at the headline of my KEYDB,cfg it says

"server: aacs"

Additionally, I may investigate this issue further on my system.

• Is there a way to receive any debug messages or log files?
    • Or can I execute the Blu Ray player via ssh command-line, so it returns some status information when it starts (and fails)?
  • I think this one has a split usb cable (extra power) . Are both connected to your box? If so, try connecting the power one to an other usb-power source.

• Thanks 2re for your support. I did some further investigations. These are the results:

1. Playback of Blu-ray disk on my laptop:

- drive connected via USB split cable into two ports of laptop

- same disk

- same .cfg file

- playback via VLC

result:

- playback works - although it takes ~15 seconds to start

2. Playback of DVD on Kodi

- drive connected via USB split cable into two ports of Odroid C2

- setting of forced region code of DVD player: off

- insert DVD and close tray

result:

- drive spins up

- Kodi main menu shows "Disc"

- Kodi shows popup message in upper right corner like "removeable media mounted" [in German] and title of DVD

- in main window of "Disc" it shows - DVD - [next line:] - playback Disc - open/close

- I can click playback and it starts

3. Playback of Blu-ray on Kodi

- drive connected via USB split cable into two ports of Odroid C2

- same .cfg file as on laptop

- region code of Blu-ray set to: B [Europe/Germany] - other regions setting tested as well

- Insert Blu-ray and close tray

result:

- drive spins up

- Kodi main menu shows "Disk"

- Kodi does not show pop-up message in upper right corner

- in main window of "Disc" it shows - open - [next line:] - playback Disc - open/close

- If I click playback nothing happens

- after ~15 seconds disk stops spinning

Summery (my thoughts):

What seems to be working:

- Blu-ray

- Blu-ray drive

- .cfg file

What is suspicious:

- no pop-up message after closing drive with Blu-ray

- massage in "Disc" window are different: "open" [Blu-ray inserted] vs. "DVD" [DVD inserted]

Does this help to trace the issue?

Thanks again for your help

Fasterix

• I Have a LG BP50NB40 and with the .cfg file from your post blu-ray plays fine, but not with both usb's connected to the box (NexBox A95X). I have to use a second power source because my box can't deliver enough power, so if you've tried this, than i would guess it's a driver issue. Maybe your drive isn't supported.

• Thanks for your attention to my issue. I did some further investigation (got a second Bluray disk) and collected a comprehensive log file from /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log (find attached)

What I did:

1. rebooted the system
    2. inserted Bluray disk I and try to playback via Disk menu (-> failed)
    3. inserted Bluray disk II and try to playback via Disk menu (-> failed)
    4. inserted DVD and try to playback via Disk menu (-> ok)
    5. inserted Bluray disk I and try to playback via Video menu (-> failed)
    6. inserted Bluray disk II and try to playback via Video menu (-> failed)

I have marked these events in the logfile (partly stripped) with ==== Notes ====

I also attached the full output of dmesg, maybe this contains some hints...

I hope this helps to find out, what is wrong or missing on my system

Still very thankful for your great support

Fasterix

• What I also found out recently:

1. For bluray "No Turning Back" I could not find a key in KEYDB.cfg. This might be a reason for not playing this bluray
    2. When I tested bluray "The Book Thief" again a few days ago on my laptop (VLC) using the Odroid drive, I received messages like "Blu-ray error: AACS Host certificate revoked?"
      I wonder, if this is a correct message and if so, could this be caused by inserting "No Turning Back" bluray previously? (but both blurays are issued 2014)

I am not able to prove my suspicion, but maybe one of you can compile this to a whole picture....