Installtointernal failing

• I've just bought two new S905X boxes (SMBOX 2), and they work fine with 8.1.9 when I boot from an SD card. However, I want to install to internal (I will never need to run Android) but when I run the 'Installtointernal' command I get

Code
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.

Indeed, there is no system folder under /dev:

I've tried both the standard DTB file (gxl_p212_1g.dtb) and the alternative which the instructions say to use if libreelec can't see the internal memory (gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb) but I get the same error.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

• kszaq Yes, I have. I've just deleted dtb.img, re-copied gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb and renamed to dtb.img again just in case I'd done it wrong but I still get the same error.

I'm no Linux expert but the blkid command doesn't show a partition for /dev/system which I think I should have (going by your post on how to use internal storage while booting from SD)

Code
    /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
    /dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="df3b6172" PTTYPE="dos"
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="LIBREELEC" UUID="42C4-ECBA" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="df3b6172-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="LIBREELEC_DISK" UUID="ca4b8b63-b5f9-4f1d-913a-41343a714d98" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="df3b6172-02"

Thanks

• Thank you. I can see that both NAND and eMMC drivers fail to detect internal memory.

Are you able to provide dmesg from Android to see which one is working there?

• Just tried this and it still cannot see internal memory, so I expect I have the same chip as havhav

YiGK

Shame this doesn't work but I guess maybe amlogic will support it in future kernel builds.

Thanks kszaq for your help in diagnosing this.

• Hello,

First thanks kszaq for your time and hard work! Some year ago, I buy a beelinq mxq s85 and all great with this one. Time have change, and now, we don't really know what we are buying. I buy a box for a friend ''MXQ PRO 4K'' that have ''S905XQ_V1.0 - 2016.08.11'' on board. Flash is ''H27UCG8T2ETR'' on chip and is on the amlogic ''amlogic-3.14-nougat'' driver list you posted.

When I'm trying to ''installtointernal'' because all great on SD card, I got the same problem as 1st post have:

Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.

Sometime, when I tested ''installtointernal'' with another devices tree, it install but the 4 usb port doesn't work.

I don't remember the original OS version of android (I have a backup that I'm a little afraid to refresh) it have because I was hurry to remove this fuc.... os......I know, I should choose the device tree for s905x (gxl dtb) (if it is according to what is written on board (S905XQ_V1.0) but it's limited to P212xxxx.dtb. I suspect that the original android wasn't at P212 but not have the knowledge to tell...

I tried different dtb.img with many libreelec version, thoses working are ''gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb'' and ''gxl_p212_1g.dtb'' with all usb working when OS on SD card.

It could be so easy to go with jtag interface to put whatever u-boot and app we like to write flash without to be afraid of brick. I think that I should send a unit to usbbdm (usbjtag._com)...jtag pin are present on the board (just not sure if enabled). It could be my ''little'' contribution...

attachement is a fresh reboot from internal....

Thanks for your time...

Good day !

• I send you a coffee mr, no mater if you could help on this...you already help so many people and me too (first question because forum answer all my question until now) !

Could it be possible to ssh and manually copy directory from sd card ? It's already libreelec on nand or whatever I do, I will have this usb problem ?