LibreElec 8 and systemd

• I've tried to find information that explains how systemd is implemented in LE8 - without any success. Can anyone point me to a resource that can explain the structure and how services are managed? LE8 does not appear to follow the traditional /etc/systemd init script approach - and it is difficult to figure out what is happening without some documentation ...

• systemd on LibreELEC works exactly the same as on any other system. The only difference is that /etc/systemd/system is a symlink to /storage/.config/system.d

Thank you for this Irusak - I've located /storage/.config/system.d but there is no link from /etc/systemd/system on my LE8 installation. I get:

# ls -la /etc/systemd/total 6drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 91 Feb 21 19:48 .drwxrwxr-x 20 root root 929 Feb 21 19:52 ..-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1017 Feb 21 19:48 journald.conf-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1021 Feb 21 19:48 logind.conf-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1604 Feb 21 19:48 system.conf-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1130 Feb 21 19:48 user.conf

This is why I am confused ...

• Thanks again - should there be a link /etc/systemd/system -> /storage/.config/system.d? Is this correct?

I am asking this because I have tried to move /storage from my microsd to a usb but presently this breaks systemd services, most notably for me tvheadend ... if it is safe to do so I can apply a link and I think this may solve the problem ... I just do not want to break anything in the process ...

• Thanks again - should there be a link /etc/systemd/system -> /storage/.config/system.d? Is this correct?

I am asking this because I have tried to move /storage from my microsd to a usb but presently this breaks systemd services, most notably for me tvheadend ... if it is safe to do so I can apply a link and I think this may solve the problem ... I just do not want to break anything in the process ...

No there shouldn't be a link

Moving /storage to a different drive shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you copy all the relevant data.

• No there shouldn't be a link

Moving /storage to a different drive shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you copy all the relevant data.

So ... without a link from /etc/systemd/system ... I still don't understand how systemd is implemented in LE8 ...

My process to redirect storage was posted here thread-5519-post-36819.html#pid36819 but it has broken tvheadend server and I think it has broken systemd ...

• No there shouldn't be a link

Irusak - you are absolutely correct. In this post [ thread-5519-post-37685.html#pid37685 ] mglae has identified that I have used the wrong rsync options - so my originally posted rsync -rtv ... should have been rsync -av ... which is the archive option (this ensures all symlinks are copied as well).

Having done this correctly everything works now.

Still I don't understand how systemd in works in LE8 however - there must be a symlink somewhere - but it is not in /etc/systemd ...