No audio when resume from suspend

• Hello,

I have 7.0.2 image in a PC with ATI Radeon HD 5400 GPU card. It works well, the only problem is that audio is not working when resume from suspend.

I must go to settings -> system and it automatically start playing well. It looks like it activate something when I go to settings->system.

How could I debug it?

I have audio output to HDMI in my TV.

I will really appreciate your help.

Kind regards.

• I'm having the same issue, on v7.90.008. My hardware is similar:

Code
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM]
    01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6400 Series]

There are many reports about no sound after resume, with possible workarounds, but generally they're for cases where it's not possible at all to get sound unless a reboot is done. In our case, simply entering the "Settings->System" screen is enough to get audio back.

It's quite possible this is a kernel problem, but since audio comes back after display the settings screen, something is done that makes audio work again. If this could be isolated, then perhaps it could be automated to happen at every resume.

I found another report of this problem also: LibreELEC

• Hi,

I have the same problem. See my topic here: LibreELEC
    I also registered a bug here: LibreELEC
    Very annoying fault but no progress so far, absolutely nothing.

I found that the problem occurs only if the display refresh rate is set to 50Hz and works fine with 60Hz., however 60Hz does not fit to my needs.