Posts by chuckhammerberry

Link on post #4, pics on #8

So
    Kekilo TX95 TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 6.0 Marshmallow Quad Core 2GB/16GB 3D 4K HD Bluetooth Dual WiFi H.265 Google Smart TV Box

Awesome , let us know if you get any that have issues after flashing like no wifi etc . Just in case the manufacturer uses a mixed bag of components like MXQ's
    I'm in Toronto so I'm looking for cheap locations to grab these because I usually get the MXQs for $40 CAD locally

I dont get it...

Is there a guide för installing LibreElec on the box mentioned above?

The second link doesnt work ...

Does it have a reset pin on the back of the box? If so insert your SD Card that you have setup from the instructions on this forum. Pull power plug , use a toothpick or something non conductive to push and hold the reset button in, then connect power while still holding reset. Do this until you see libreELEC logo and then release reset and let the box do its thing

So I used the S905X from the device tree and WiFi still doesn't work but USB works now but also now the remote doesn't work

trying to follow your "no remote FAQ"

\\your_box_IP\Configuration (there is no folder called "Configuration") Searched windows and cannot find remote.conf and SSH cannot find directory "/system"

Update: I ended up flashing and tried multiple device tree files until finally both remote and USB work, still no WiFi but I can live with that for now
    [hr]

Just use ethernet. It will still be on the same network.

using one of the device trees for s905X the command worked

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.0c
    LibreELEC git: e5a2b4eb5166ae2eae3e071bab75d3b7f06bdce1
    LibreELEC1:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v02E7d9082
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=02E7:9082
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I have told you in the other thread that your second device is probably a S905X. Use a device tree for it and at least USB should work.

Hi ksaq
    The second device that I had issues flashing I returned to the seller and got a new one. This new one flashed the same as my first box , easy as pie. And I agree even though they are box MXQ Pro boxes who knows what internal boards and chips where used. And the fact that both the wifi and USB doesn't work confirms your theory. I'll try to flash with the S905X device tree and report back
    Thanks again for your hard work and support and coffee money will be on the way

Just an off topic question since I don't want to keep having issues flashing these MXQ Pro boxes. Is there a few boxes that are better to be purchasing for flashing? I know the wetek are good but really expensive compared to these.

8.0.0c (2017-02-23)
    Downloads: [font]http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.0.0c[/font]
    Use device trees from 7.0.3.012 builds: [font]http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/[/font]
    Source code: [font]https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/tree/8.0.0c[/font]

Changelog:

• Kodi updated to 82eaae9
    • fixed reading ethernet MAC address from eFuse and added reading from nand_env
    • minor improvement in copying user data in installtointernal script
    • experimental: better scaling of Mali cores for smoother GUI
    • experimental: backport Kodi [font]PR11713[/font]: Search backwards for keyframe when resuming playback

Known issues:

• Built-in DVB tuners are not supported.
    • Video playback:

• some Live TV channel can experience frame jumps (Amlogic HW decoder bug)
      • Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug)
    • 4K support is experimental.
    • 3D and HDR are not supported!
    • If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.
    • Suspend does not work on most devices. Use power off. Power off is a default action of IR remote power button.
    • CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • DVB support is experimental vie media_build drivers from CrazyCat69 but some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

Just use ethernet. It will still be on the same network.

of course, silly me

I did the command but see below output

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.0c-temp_sensor_disabled
    LibreELEC git: e5a2b4eb5166ae2eae3e071bab75d3b7f06bdce1
    LibreELEC2:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    Unknown device, --name=, --path=, or absolute path in /dev/ or /sys expected.

also just noticed none of the 4 USB ports are working with this firmware

I successfully installed libreelec on my MXQ Pro yesterday. Then had issues installing it on a second both so I ended up swapping the second box for a new one. The new one had no issues flashing but I have no wifi. It's the MXQ Pro 1g ram so I tried the 100m and the 100m Realtek files but neither work. Is there anything else I can try? I'm assuming this MXQ Pro has some other Chinese wifi chip inside

Please let me know what additional info is required and if any special instructions to obtain that info
    Thank you

There's really no need to answer the same question 3rd time... I don't know what is "Robert Downey Jr OS". Please carefully read installation notes and try every method.

My apologies for the vagueness of the "Robert Downey Jr" in referring to the MXQ Pro android OS. (Image is here MXQ-Pro-4K-Launcher.jpg?resize=496,468 ). I cannot check what version that was because I've already flashed your firmware to nand on that box
    But that box had the app " update&backup" which I flashed the dual,boot firmware. I am saying I cannot flash the dual boot firmware on this other MXQ but from what I have read it isn't required to have a dual boot, is this correct?
    If so I should just flash the image to SD Card and copy the device tree same as I have already done for the first MXQ Pro box which is working flawlessly. However when I try that I get to the recover screen (not the libreelec logo) and the recovery screen says E: failed to mount mint/external_sd (no such device)
    Now this is the same SD Card and image that works on the first box so that rules out the image or Card as an issue
    I've tried all posted methods of loading this and nothing seems to work
    So I thought maybe someone else has come across this issue but seance I wasn't getting any reps Pro set I thought I'd try you since you might have more feedback regarding this issue

How is everyone's GUI smoothness in 8.0.0c? Better or no change than in previous builds?

I can't comment on older builds as I only loaded this yesterday and it runs great on nand

Can you help as I cannot install on my second box? The box (with Robert Downey jr OS) I did the update&backup and loaded the dual boot firmware. Then followed the libreelec instructions and loaded your firmware on my SD Card and used the toothpick and it worked. I then copied to nand and it's great thanks allot

My other MXQ doesn't have his OS and there is no update&backup app so I couldn't load the dual boot firmware.
    Anyway I continued with the toothpick and SD Card but the box keeps showing an error , while the same SD Card works on the other MXQ with toothpick method

I get error failed to mount E SD Card
    Supported API 3

H

My second MXQ pro I have has a different style OS than my first one. The first box has the iron man picture of Robert Downey jr while this second box has a metro windows 10 style OS and when I go to apps there is no "update&backup" app at all. So how can I update this box to allow booting from SD Card? I tried skipping this step and just using the SD Card but it wouldnt boot

Can anyone suggest anything here for the installation ?

On my one box (with Robert Downey jr OS) I did the update&backup and loaded the dual boot firmware. Then followed the libreelect instructions and loaded this firmware on my SD Card and used the toothpick and it worked.
    My other MXQ doesn't have his OS and there is no update&backup app so I couldn't load the dual boot firmware.
    Anyway I continued with the toothpick and SD Card but the box keeps showing an error , while the same SD Card works on the other MXQ with toothpick method

I get error failed
    e: failed to mount mnt/external_sd (no such device)
    Supported API 3

My second MXQ pro I have has a different style OS than my first one. The first box has the iron man picture of Robert Downey jr while this second box has a metro windows 10 style OS and when I go to apps there is no "update&backup" app at all. So how can I update this box to allow booting from SD Card? I tried skipping this step and just using the SD Card but it would boot

Hi guys
    I have a question in regards to the installation. I have 2 OTT MXQ Pro boxes
    On one of them I followed the instructions listed and did the "update&backup" from main android OS to allow dual boot. Then I created the image on the SD Card and installed successfully. Although the GUI was slow and sometimes seemed unresponsive, is that normal or a limitation of the MXQ pro?

Secondly and my main issue, the second MXQ pro I have has a different style OS. The first box has the iron man picture of Robert Downey jr while this second box has a metro windows 10 style OS and when I go to apps there is no "update&backup" app at all. So how can I update this box to allow booting from SD Card? I tried skipping this step and just using the SD Card but it would boot

Thanks in advance