Posts by Mario77

This addon works for both generic and pi, so pausing kodi instead of killing it will affect to Pis performance, that's the reason why this addon kills it. Some processes, like hyperion or vnc, are still running in background but maybe, as you say, other don't.

Processes started trough system.d are still running for me while on retroarch...actually it's one of the advantages of using Gamestarter to other dual boot options for retrogaming..did you try to edit openvpn.service?

Can you access the network share if you add as source trough Kodi?

You might need to change the settings in Libreelec addon-services-minimum/maximum supported protocol

This is an example of a mount I m using which mounts 2 libreelec machines

[Unit]

Description=cifs mount script

Requires=network-online.service

After=network-online.service

Before=kodi.service

[Mount]

What=//192.168.0.4/usb_64

Where=/storage/64gbmount

Options=username=libreelec,password=libreelec,vers=2.1

Type=cifs

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

One more question..Is there a way that I can output sound both on HDMI and headphone jack on RPi..At this moment I m using the audio_device = "hw:0,0" for hdmi and audio_device = "hw:0,1" to output from jack...but have to edit this each time to change audio....is there a way to output both at the same time like what Kodi does?

Don't think it's the same issue tough...for me on rpi2 audio_device wasnt even there had to add it myself..

What are you using to scrape your artwork?Did you try the image on a pc?is it the same?

Thanks! Have been rereading parts of the thread and indeed I need to add hw:0,0 to make it work

Does the square have any meaning? Have changed so much by now also in config.txt that I am trying to grasp what happened in case I need to set up again. config.txt is pi wide so hope I don't mess up Kodi.

Anyway working, will test tomorrow what the impact now is of undoing the config.txt changes.

You don't have to touch anything in config.txt ...all I added is hw:0,0 and it worked..and not sure what that symbol means sorry

Make sure retroarch is off and in retroarch.cfg find "audio_device = " and edit it to audio_device = "hw:0,0"

Launch retroarch and it should work...

You can also do it from retroarch settings and instead of that square symbol type hw:0,0

I got the same setup as you and this worked for me to get audio working from hdmi...havent tried yet trough the headphone jack of the pi yet...

You need to force SMB1 in kodi settings to add network paths

updated from what? I started with the latest version of libreelect, i didn't upgrade to it.

Also i just tried setting the max smb version allowed in services/settings/smb client to smb 1 and it saw the shares.

but then it asks for a username/password (which i don't have)

so why does it allow me to only see them when setting the max to smb1?

If you r running windows 10 you might need to enable smb1 cifs shares from control panel...turn windows features on or off...otherwise create a new user on your pc and make it password protected