Posts by Mario77

Hi,

I have RPi3 and LibreElec installed. How do I add either VLC or MXPlayer as a default player for kodi?

MxPlayer might be a no go...that's an android apk as far as I can tell...VLC is not gonna work directly with Libreelec but there is a kind of a workaround to make it work via docker (not tested)...that means no HW accelaration..

You don't really need any other players on LE as available players work fine...why would you need VLC on LE?

I have installed this on my RPI3 after having used your standalone addon which I was very happy with.

Now I use Emulation Station but for some games (Lion King on the SNES for example) the screen just turns black and goes back to the ES screen. I can only get it working by going via Retroarch and loading it through that. Strangely ES works fine for (most ) other games.

If they work in RA but not in ES try to unzip the roms...for some reason some zipped roms don't work in ES or try to setup AEL...I never used ES again since setting up AEL...but never uninstalled it...ES is pointing to same assets as AEL so you don't have to keep 2 copies of artwork,it's easier to have roms within Kodi UI..

I'll try this.

What I mean is that you might be able to change some behaviour in the way your connected devices communicate....At the moment you are trying to switch off the TV by suspending Kodi when you can do it the other way round...when you switch off the Tv it will suspend Kodi/or turn off kodi/or just pause or stop any media playing and other connected devices...it's all in peripheral settings

It seems the problem I am encountering is different from the one in this thread.

What is happening in my case is that, when the power button command is set to "suspend", after pressing the button Kodi powers off but doesn't send the CEC command to the TV and Receiver. Upon waking the system, the command to turn off the TV and receiver is sent followed shortly by the command to wake.

So the behavior is as follows:

Kodi On --> Press Power --> System Powers down, TV and receiver remain on --> Press Power --> PC Powers On --> TV and receiver power off --> TV and receiver power back on immediately.

I suppose I should open a separate thread on this.

Did you try to change the cec/peripheral settings?

Ok managed to do it..thanks..Don't think is working ok tough with my setup...pvr.simple works better despite harder to organize channels..had few errors with tvheadened like "no free adaptor" and "no signal" but not on all channels...also noticed that there is no working wheel before the start of a stream..the rest works fine.anyway removed it now and back to simple client.

I think tvheadened is more for those who use tuners..

I did read them, now what? If there is a secret to making it work like it used to, maybe you could let us all know what it is. If I could figure it out for myself, which I have tried to for countless hours, I wouldn't be here asking for help.

Can you access other samba share other then the router?Might be a router issue..

Have a read here

I am running version 5.4.5 of the YouTube Addon and it works perfectly but only up to 720p. I entered the settings and enabled MPEG-DASH, then clicked on "configure inputstream.adaptive". It tells me that it is not enabled and asks me if I want to enable it. I choose YES and then nothing happens. There is no window to configure inputstream.adaptive.

I was able to do this on my Windows 10 Desktop but not on either of my Intel NUC's running LE 8.2.0

What am I missing ?

Settings are in the youtube addon itself under general tab to change settings for inputstream..might depend if your youtube addon is not updated to handle inputstream yet..I m running v5.5.0 and working fine

Note:Don't think this is the right forum to ask about addons...so apologies if I m breaking any rules...