Posts by Mario77

That's interesting, and you're sure that #0226 is stable? There's not much change in the #0305 firmware, but popcornmix will know for sure.

Can you confirm the device you have - is it RPi2 or RPi3B? I'm assuming it's not a RPi3B+ based on the versions you have been testing. Edit: You've already said it is RPi2

Just to be sure there's nothing non-firmware involved, can you also test the individual builds between #0226 and #0305 (ie. #0227, #0228, #0301, #0302, #0303 and #0304) and confirm that they are all stable - if any of them start rebooting then it's not exclusively a firmware issue.

I appreciate this is a lot of tedious, slow work but hopefully it will prove fruitful in the end!

Mario77 if you still have your RPi2 are you able to confirm that #0305 reboots, and #0226 is stable?

My issue wasn't really just restarting......restarts are rare....I was having this issue like the one in this thread

The stream plays for few minutes, then the audio starts glitching and after few moments screen comes black. UI is responsive sometimes so I can exit out.

Which I temporarily fixed by changing firmware files from 8.2.5 with the ones from 8.2.3..

Maybe @deancan can elaborate a bit more on his issue and if is facing restarts too?

Hello, I created the file name.strm I pasted the address to it (http: // 192.168.0.7) I copied it to libreelec and when trying to launch it pops up that it can not be played.

I use a Sony Z2 smartphone and a WEBCAM IP application as a camera, do you know why I can not play live stream? The stream normally works on the computer.

That's probably not enough of a url for a camera stream...you might need to add server port and stream id and format....

should look something like this

Code
    http://192.168.0.10:1234/video.mjpg

or

http://admin:[email protected]/videofeed

edit...maybe you don't need port for the android app...sorry I don't mess much with android...

If the stream is working on the computer you can try this...in chrome open the camera feed....rightclick on the video and click on "copy image address"..then paste that in your playlist...

I had some weird issues like this some time ago...Rpi 2 was working fine with 8.2.3 and started acting strangely from 8.2.4 onwards..Don't ask me what the reason is cause I even posted a debug log but there seem to be nothing of any help..

Try this maybe it helps to solve your issue:

Make sure you have LE 8.2.3 installed,

Take your sd card out of your rpi and copy these 3 firmware files from your sd card to your PC

Code
    /flash/bootcode.bin
    /flash/fixup.dat
    /flash/start.elf

Now insert your sd card back to your Rpi and update your LE to 8.2.5

Take sd card back out and go back to your PC and replace those 3 files from the 8.2.5 with the ones you saved from the LE 8.2.3...

If it works properly this way for you it may be easier to hopefully debug the issue..

Does anyone know how to get started with the Gamestarter repository and DraStic NDS games?

After installing DraStic I got the message that you also need to install the Advanced Emulator Launcher or EmulationStation.

When I opened EmulationStation after installing it, the message "We can not find any systems" appeared.

What could this be and what do I have to do to correct this error? (I've already installed RetroArch and it works fine with GBA games)

Did you select the roms path from ES settings?or edit es_systems.cfg manually..looks like ES is not finding the roms folder..folders need to be named properly for each launcher..

Also by default ES only reads these formats for NDS .nds .zip .NDS .ZIP so if your roms are in any other format ES won't launch

Code
    <system>
      <name>nds</name>
      <fullname>Nintendo DS</fullname>
      <path>/var/media/HDD/Emulators/roms/nds</path>
      <extension>.nds .zip .NDS .ZIP</extension>
      <command>/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start drastic %ROM% ES</command>
      <platform>nds</platform>
    </system>

This is an example how mine looks

You install retroarch from Gamestarter Repo as you usually install any other addons.....then from retroarch addon settings download core package and that's about it....you can basically forget about retroarch after setting it up if you r running your roms from AEL.

It's not an easy task as it might look to set everything up first time...If you r going to make AEL and Emulation Station with all the bells and whistles...artwork,logos,backgrounds for each game and so on it will take you some time..to give you an idea it took me over a week to set it all up...but after that you just save you roms and artwork and xml's in a safe place for future backup and restore...For AEL and ES you can use the same artwork folders...no need to duplicate any folders

You install retroarch from Gamestarter Repo as you usually install any other addons.....then from retroarch addon settings download core package and that's about it....you can basically forget about retroarch after setting it up if you r running your roms from AEL.

Regarding camera it's nicely done with the Surveillance Room Addon..you just need to have your camera stream url's..It even works with motion detection for Foscam cameras..and displays a small window (PIP)with camera feed on your screen when motion is detected..you can even control pan/tilt from Libreelec..

I managed to get 4 cameras streaming together on 1 divided screen on a Rpi2 but was struggling at 720p..Works fine with 1 at a time