Posts by Mario77

I'm running Kodi on RPi 4 and I have enabled VNC. My purpose is to use remote desktop from Win 10 to start music playing on Pi, but I cannot connect unless there is a monitor connected via HDMI. To me this seems to defeat the purpose of the remote login. If I connect a monitor everything works again, but I can't run like that permanently.

I have ordered an HDMI dummy plug with which I hope to fool LibreELEC that there is a monitor connected, but this is a very clunky workaround. Is there no way to force Kodi and VNC server to start IRRESPECTIVE of whether there is a monitor connected or not?

If there is no way to do this at present, I would suggest it as a future upgrade.

Kodi and VNC are 2 different services...VNC works even with kodi disabled..

No need of a dummy..you can add

Code
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1

in config.txt

You should download the cores from addon settings not from retroarch menu..

Did you try another version of LE?

Did you check that the library is there /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6?

Are you using the cores downloaded from retoarch UI menu or the cores downloaded from retroarch addon settings?

If you want to use TVH 4.3 try LE9.0..never had issues on UK freeview antenna reception...

Hi,

I got a cron job running which outputs a log everytime it runs..

Issue is the log I can only open trough ssh and cannot open it in windows pc through samba..it's clearly a permission issue...is there any way i can set permissions to each log to be readable ..

cron looks like this..

Thanks for any help

Code
    30 4 * * * /storage/.kodi/userdata/Backup/backup.sh >> /storage/.kodi/userdata/Backup/Backup_logs/backup_log_`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H:%M`.log 2>&1

Hi Dennis

If you'r overvolting set it to over_voltage=3 or lower and it should boot up normally.

cmd line is this

Code
    boot=UUID=0303-2219 disk=UUID=535ef1f2-87b8-43f9-ad36-036077bb50d3 quiet 

Config is this but even tried it with a fresh install of 9.2.3 and then restored a backup from 9.2.1 and did the same..didn't start

Typo in config_hdmi_booxx=0 is because is the real word is censored..wouldn't let me post it..