Posts by Mario77

Is there a method to check if playlist is playing to avoid to run again and again my playlist ? (in cronjob of course)

Sorry for my stupid questions:-/

Thanks again for your support.

maybe try autoexec.py

Code
    import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/yourplaylist.m3u)" )

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )
    Code
    kodi-send --action='PlayMedia("/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u")'

Also after checking the tvheadend settings i noticed that although the default stream is pass kodi still switches to htsp. In fact with htsp disabled the stream wont even play.

HTSP uses Pass for streaming..it just adds tvheadend info to the connection for PVR to show additional info...signal etc

Just leave tvheadend htsp as default and focus to troubleshoot on the frontend..to be sure try to stream from another PC or phone..but it's probably something with RPi4..out of curiosity..do you get the same issues with recordings?

My experience is exactly the same, my RPI3 B+ Works perfectly with 2 dual tuner USB Dvb-c (Hauppauge). Some update mixed up my setup completely, so that I decided to gain Rpi4 due USB 3 ports and more processing power to cut commercials.

Long story short, Rpi4 didn't work too well with live TV, stream was pixelized and buffering hit in constantly. I tried many ways of settings, without any luck.

Finally got fed up with struggling and re-installed libreelec to RPI3 which works perfectly.

I use Tvheadend as frontend as well as backend to transcode.

At this point in time I would use the Rpi4 as TvHeadend Server and use the Rpi2/3 for streaming..

go to Install from repository>Libreelec Add-ons>Services Take a look at the end of the list there you'll find tvheadend 4.2.

Btw with 4.3 the mapped Channels list is Not useable . The top 35 Channels can't be modified. I guess that's a bug. If you select Something nothing Happens alsoe the width of the columns can't be Changed If you try that, all is messed Up. Happens with all Browsers i have tried so gar on x86.

Regards

Nicolas

Strange...what version are you on?I m on 4.3-1896 and all looks like it's working fine..

Hello to everyone! :) I have an Xbox ONE tuner and, having issues with getting it to work on a Wetek Core, I've tried it on an RPi2 I had lying around.

My current setup is LE 9.2.3, tvheadend server 4.3-1896 and tvheadend client 4.4.21.1. The Xbox ONE tuner is detected just fine, just with the built-in drivers (CrazyCat ones). I can scan the channels and everything seems fine (apart from the awful channel numbering which doesn't resemble the one I get on a 'normal' television while it seems they're sorted in the order they've been found or something similar, completely unusable this way!). The problem is that after a variable period of time (it could be two minutes but also ten seconds, not more than a couple of minutes anyway), the channel I'm viewing shuts down with a still image and the buffering circle at the center of the screen. After that, I'm no longer able to see any channel and I randomly get the error "Tvheadend Server does not respond properly" (not always though). The only way to get it working again is rebooting but then it starts acting up again.

It seems a rather common problem and there are many threads about this issue but the proposed solutions don't work or aren't appliable being for different platforms like OSMC. Maybe it has anything to do with being my server the latest nightly, maybe incompatible with the client? Do you have a suggested version to use? I've also read of someone (more than one) having problems with LE 9.2 and tvheadend at all: should I revert back to 9.0? Would the Xbox ONE tuner be detected on it?

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a nice day! :)

Xbox tuner should work out of the box..no need of drivers...saying that i m not using it anymore...just using tv-hat and its much better..

See #2 how to open MAME...otherwise another good option is use GameStarter Repo and install retroarch and play your roms from there..

you have 2 options that come to mind..

1)

create a common folder on your nas for your playlists..then point Rpi1 and Rpi2 to that folder on your Nas for playlists..

or) put playlists on Rpi1 and point Rpi2 or more to the playlist folder of Rpi1..

you ll have to use advancedsettings.xml for this

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <system>
            <playlistspath>smb://rpi1_ip_address/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists</playlistspath>
        </system>
    </advancedsettings>

option 2...mount playlist folder from your nas to rpi1 & 2

You need to add this to advanced settings.xml for mame zip to open

To have a UI for roms you need some kind of addon like Advanced Emulator Launcher.

Did anyone managed to get comskip to work from a script on LE?It works fine from a postprocessor commands but I got a script as post command and I m trying to integrate comskip with it...no success yet..keep getting

Code
    Read-only file system - could not create file %f.txt

Hiya I'm not new to the pi but I'm brand new to LE and using a TV hat. I have it all configured and running no problem on my house rooftop antenna. I intend to use the pi on trips with battery and portable antenna,

I just followed the pihut tutorial seemed straight forward, however I will have no network while on trips and would like to be able to use the tuner, and I have discovered if I unplug the ethernet, it just won't work message displayed "TV headend htsp client server unreachable" ? I see a few posts about this and configuring IP to 127.0.0.1 hasn't worked for me, can anyone help plWh

What are you watching it on?Is the monitor connected to the same RPi?

If you want to view your TV while out on a tablet or phone just leave your rpi at home and use it as server..then you stream from it..