Posts by yatoya

Skipped frames playing 1080p HEVC.

One every few minutes.

Apart from that and some SMB problems everything works.

Still, the best is 7.0.3.012.

I still have hope you will update Jarvis with full nougat kernel. That would be awesome or maybe Leia will be better alternative in a few months.

LE 8.1.3

My win 8.1 pc can see the TX5 Pro samba shared folders again with the jg555' s fix (many thanks).

But the TX5 Pro can't see my pc shared files.

Any other useful tip ... or stuck with LE 8.0.2e ?

My TX5 Pro has this problem too.

I've managed to solve it by setting the user password in Windows.

In Libreelec go Add Videos -> Browse -> here instead of Windows network (SMB) choose Add network location...

Protocol - Windows network (SMB)

Server name - Your PC ip adress (look for it in network settings in Windows)

Username - your Windows username (not PC name)

Password - password you set in Windows to log in

Now your shares should be visible.

It might work even without setting the password but didn't try it yet.

MSFT advises to disable SMBv1 in Windows 10 - Microsoft won't patch 20 yr old SMBv1 vulnerability (you should just turn the service off) | On MSFT

Unfortunataly all my shares cannot be accessed after this procedure. Tested with Jarvis and Krypton. Does Jarvis accepts SMBv2/3 ?

Microsfot claims it will remove SMBv1 in Falls Creators Update. It would be great to find a solution for this problem before it happens.

By the way, SMB doesn't work at all for me in 8.1 builds.

jg555 way doesn't work either but most likely I'm doing something wrong. What do you mean by copying the global section to update section?

8.0.1k-rc2

Still micro stutter when the first line of subtitles is showing up. After that playback is smooth.
    This leads to a conclusion that there's something worng with subtitles rendering.
    I installed today 8.0.1a to check if the problem was present in previous build and yes, it is.

Is it possible and easy enough to port parts responsible for subtitles displaying from Jarvis to Krypton?
    Just a thought....

No need to bother with messing around with ssh into box, just use File Manager but first ensure you are configured in KODI Settings so you can see and write/delete to hidden and system files. In KODI 17 default Estuary skin go to Settings/Media/General and enable the last two items which are disabled by default, cannot right now remember where you find thsoe settigns in the old Confluence skin which I no longer use. I prefer Estuary skin now at last I am familiar with it.

So with the font TTF file you want to use (I use Arialuni.ttf file by the way) on say a USB stick or SD card and in your box run up File Manager. In the A window find your font file on your memory stick. Next in the B window go to this path root/storage/.kodi/media and once there make a new folder called Fonts. Open your new Fonts folder and copy across your new TTF font fiile from your memory stick. Reboot and that is it. You can now select your new font in the subtitle settings.

I create a new source in File Manager called root which points to the the Root File System and the path just shows the / character. This is so useful as I can access all the folders in /root and then using File Manager copying across config files like remote.conf, font files etc and of course new LE update files into the storage/update folder. This is by far easier than running up Putty or whatever on your PC, getting your box's LAN IP address and having to log in via SSH trying to remember the various commands syntax.

Just put what you need to copy across onto say a USB stick. Or do what I do and create another File Manager source pointing directly to my NAS Drive (or any other local network storage location), where I have accessible folders with all of these needed KODI files stored and can easily find them and copy across what is needed simply using File Manage every time. I actually only use SSH for editing, or makingfrom scratch, a remote.conf file by finding all the required remote's key codes, plus of course for installing LE from SD card to internal, which I always do as see no point in keepign bloatware Android with LE being so much better, leaner and so much faster running properly from internal.

Hope that helps.

Hidden files... Tricky :) Thanks a lot!

In fact /storage/.kodi already exists, it's where your Kodi settings are stored ;)

You just have to create a sub directory 'Fonts' in /storage/.kodi/media

Solved! :)
    .kodi folder does not exist by default. I have created shared .kodi folder by editng samba.conf
    After reboot the folder was accessible and there were allready subfolders inside (addons, media, system, temp, userdata (clone of the existing Userdata).
    I've created Fonts folder inside media folder and it worked. Even without reboot.
    Thank you for the hint :)

I'm trying to change subtitle font and can't figure it out.
    The versions of LibreELEC I'm using is kszaq's 7.0.3.012k
    I was trying to copy custom default Verdana.ttf to following paths:

- /storage/media/fonts
    - /storage/media/Fonts
    - /storage/media/*Fonts
    - /storage/fonts

After every path change I rested the box reset but in the Settings there are still visible three default fonts: arial.ttf, DejaVuSans.ttf, teletext.ttf

[SOLVED] thread-8253-post-49042.html#pid49042

One more question. How to change subtitle font?
    According to tutorials fonts should be placed in /media/Fonts (one level below userdata).
    There's no such directory and creating one makes no difference.
    I tried creating Fonts in Samba shares by editing samba.conf. Tried also creating media/Fonts.
    Then I tried to create Fonts folder to existing media folder in system with ssh but after restart all files in media are deleted.
    I tried also creating folder in Userdata and nothing.
    One hour later I discoverd that File Menager in Kodi shows there are folder like 'fonts' and 'media' so I though "that must be it!".
    But no. It's not.
    Not one of these locations work.
    Anyone can help me with this?

OK guys, thank you all for your response. One thing I didn't do is to install this build to internal and check it then.
    Eventually I'm gonna stay with LE7 which works really good and fast.

PS. No, it's not the SD card issue. Same thing happens when running from internal.
    Interesting thing is that I just discoverd.
    EVERY video with enabled subtitles drops a frame with the first line of subtitles. And after that it's fine. No frame drops.
    It looks like only first rendering of subtitle (first line) is causing dropped frame.

I use no additional "tweaks" at all and I'm happy with smooth playback.

It's smooth. Only those subtitles stutter issue. Most of us are not native english spekaers and we watch movies with subtitles.
    Can you have a look at this problem?
    I did mention about it in post #2,847 and attached a sample so you can easily reproduce it.
    You're alpha and omega here :) Hats off to your work. Absolutely invaluable.

kszaq
    Found it! :) Someone wrote about subtitles causing stutters so I did a test with the Star Trek movie one more time. This time with and without subtitles.
    And what a surprise! Video is butter smooth when subtitles are disabled.
    Below is a sample file of the video. To replicate please play the video from the beginning with enabled subtitles. Important part is that subtiles must be enabled by default and not during playback.
    Stutter occurs exacatly with the first line of subtiles: 00:01:24

Sample:
    Zippyshare.com - STB-sample.mkv