Posts by Klojum

As far as network connections go, I always enable the "Wait for network" option, since I use a MySQL database. Simply because Kodi starts too fast and mostly 'forgets' to do a decent network handshake, things like a correct clock time on a RPi or a mysql connection on any Kodi platform can become a problem. When enabled, there are no network connection issues.

Deleting the Database Addons27.db solved the issue.

After the reboot I have checked that all my add-ons are now disabled, just enabling them will be enough?

I thought that the Addons27 thing was behind us, but apparently not. Although perhaps the Addon27.db was corrupted..?! Who knows. :)

Yes, enabling them should be enough. As long as none of the other files are in some way damaged.

We don't hear it very often these days, but I guess that once in a while some form of data corruption on the SD card will still happen, and that the best solution is to either restore an earlier backup, or simply do a fresh installation.

If the damage on the SD card is permanent, a new/different SD card will be the only option.

LibreELEC defaults to SMBv2 because SMBv1 is simply Swiss cheese in terms of computer security. Google for WannaCry for example.

You could set it back to SMBv1 in the LibreELEC Settings Addon, but it is obviously not recommended. OpenELEC likely only supports v1.

SMBv1 basically requires full credentials, thus name plus password, and it no longer supports network browsing. Meaning you will have to use the "Add a network location..." option for connecting to SMB video/music/picture sources.

I changed whitelisted to max suported and I changed "adjust display resresh rate" to always. Still having problems with videos

I think you misunderstood the whitelist functionality. It's not about setting a maximum, you need to select/enable every resolution/framerate combination that you think you will need for all the videos you may play.

A television supports many several resolutions and different framerates, unlike a PC monitor that (AFAIK) only support 55-140Hz. But for many 23/24/30fps videos, "Sync playback to display" is still recommended. My TV gets hiccups when that option is not enabled.

@kanyck

Having a big a$$ cache buffer has nothing to do with the above problem. I have never used a big cache on my system. IMO, such a cache is only good for when you have a totally crap internet connection while watching online videos. If this also applies to watching videos via your own local network, then you have a serious network problem. Or perhaps a shoddy wifi connection is to blame?

The maximum supported resolution is 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz,

24 bpp (WUXGA). The HDMI port is compliant with the HDMI 1.4 specification.

Libreelec 8.2.5 with factory settings don't have issues with the same video file.

That's .. not exactly an answer to Chewitt's question. Also, is your "Sync display to refresh rate" option still enabled? It may have been reset during the upgrade. In order to access and enter whitelisted resolutions/framerates, the GUI settings level "Expert" must be enabled. :)

The Last thing I want is to destroy my database.

You can always start by making a full backup of your Kodi database. :cool:

Tools like PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench can do that.

Database-wise you will need to keep all Kodi clients on the same level, otherwise you will get differences in the old and new databases.

You can indeed update the Win7 machine first, and have it upgrade the database for Kodi 18.

Kodi will not delete the old database,it will remain on the database server / NAS. You can delete manually at your heart's desire when the full upgrade of all Kodi clients has been done.

Once that is done correctly, you can upgrade the LibreELEC devices to the latest Alpha/Beta (whatever is available). As there will be no more database changes, the LibreELEC will also connect to the new database.

Depending on the rest of the configuration of each Kodi client, it's up to you to pinpoint the time of update.

Normally the LibreELEC update from stable release to stable release will be done automatically (provided your update settings are default) once LibreELEC 9.0.0 is available. Upgrading sooner, from a stable release to a Alpha/Beta release, will have to be done manually.