Posts by orclex

Hi,

I'm running LibreELEC on x86_64 hardware. I do not use a logitech harmony but a X10 wireless remote (no infrared). Previously on linux I used the driver lirc_atiusb or atilibusb. Now the X10 remote is working on LibreELEC using devinput.

There are three processes for lirc running in the background (is that normal?):

Code
    301 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
    801 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
    806 root       4:12 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd

Interesting: I recognized that the double key press events disappear when I'm direct in front of the X10 receiver. The more far away I'm sitting to the X10 receiver the more double key presses I get. Usually I'm sitting around 3m away from the receiver and producing many double button events which was not happening before LibreELEC 8.2. Is there any way to tune this?

Thanks & best regards,

Alexander

Hi,

After upgrading to latest LibreElec 8.2.1 I get double button presses with my remote. Yes, I have read the release notes and noticed the changes with lirc but the lirc service already is disabled in the LibreElec-Services tab.

If lirc service is disabled in the settings what service is used for controlling the remote and how can I change the sensitivity for button presses?

Thanks

Most likely a motherboard/BIOS issue. Check for BIOS update (always some small risk)

Second possibility is maybe dying storage device or bad storage device connection.

Unfortunately there is no BIOS update available.

Devices are new and tested - no problem.

Are you sure "something" is not triggering <del> or <F2> (That is the BIOS activation on my Asrock Extreme) - your remote may be activating it or something else.

Check the BIOS, there may be a setting for error if no keyboard attached. Try attaching a keyboard and see if that helps.

It's certainly not an LE issue. You could ask Asrock, they seem to answer most questions.

The remote is not triggering BIOS activation. It enters BIOS without remote too.

I did not find any setting for "no keyboard attached" error and if so it should never start without a keyboard.

I know that it is not an LE issue, but I had the hope that someone had the same issue. I still wait for an answer from ASRock...

Hi,

when I power on my HTPC (ASRock H110TM-ITX R2.0 mainboard) it sometimes enters UEFI BIOS instead of booting LibreELEC. I don't use a keyboard - only a remote. For shutting down LibreELEC I always use the shutdown menu. I don't know why it enters the UEFI BIOS sometimes but it is annoying. Any ideas how to find the reason? What can it be? There is no message before loading UEFI and no message when entering UEFI.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm running LibreELEC 8.0.0 (x86) with VDR. All HD channels that are encoded with h264 (DVB-S2) are running fine (software decoder). Any old SD channel that is encoded with mpeg2 is not decoded (black screen) but audio. The used decoder is ff-mpeg2video-vaapi (HW).

• Is hardware decoding for ancient mpeg2 video not supported on Intel graphic cards within LibreELEC? I know that is not working out of the box on Raspberry Pi due to licence fees and you have to get a licence first. But on Intel hardware it should be enabled by default, shouldn't it?
    • How can I switch to the software decoder for ff-mpeg2video-vaapi?

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Alexander
    [hr]
    Got it! This setting you can find now here:

Code
    Player Settings -> Videos -> Allow hardware acceleration VAAPI -> Use MPEG2 VAAPI

Hi,

I have a video library with additional information for each movie stored in nfo-files created by MediaElch. I also rate movies on themoviedb.org. Is it possible for kodi to fetch ratings from my account at themoviedb.org and to show it for any of my movies after updating the library?
    What about the other way round? What do I need to rate my movies in kodi and to save the ratings automatically in my account at themoviedb.org?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm running LibreELEC 8.0.0 with VDR VNSI and DVB-S2. EPG is running out of the box and showing information for my channels but not for all. I have some (regional, private and public) channels that show no EPG data.

Some channels without EPG data:
    SAT.1 NRW
    RTL Regional NRW
    ProSieben
    kabel eins
    EinsPlus HD
    ZDFinfo HD
    zdf.kultur HD

Why is there no EPG Data? I think, private channels should get EPG data and therefore maybe the channel name should be a little bit different, but where can I get the correct channel names to get EPG data?
    What about special regional channels? How can I get EPG data for them?

Thanks!

Thanks, it's now working!

I replaced the channels.conf in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf but there is another one in/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf! After replacing that one, it is working!

Hi,

I have the same problem howto setup VDR VNSI with a presorted channels.conf. Unfortunately your documentation does not work for me. Is it still working for you? I'm using LibreELEC 8.0.0 with Kodi 17.0 and VDR. Maybe something has changed for this version and you can adapt your documentation?

I've stopped kodi (systemctl stop kodi) and then tried to place a presorted channels.conf to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf but it is ignored after starting kodi again. When I open the channel manager all channels are still unsorted. My sorted channels.conf is untouched and ignored. Even after "clear data" and deleting .kodi/userdata/Database/TV29.db I have the complete unsorted channels list.

Any ideas?

Hi,
    I'm using LibreELEC 8.0.0 with VDR VNSI Client and got a very large channels list after searching for channels in PVR Manager -> General.

To use a sorted channels.conf generated with http://channelpedia.yavdr.comI've first stopped kodi (systemctl stop kodi) and then tried to place a presorted channels.conf to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf but it is ignored after starting kodi again. It seems that Kodi only adds channels to the SQLite Database .kodi/userdata/Database/TV29.db and any channels.conf is ignored. Am I right? Is there any other way to give kodi a presorted channels.conf?

Thanks!

Hi,

I want to customize my remote and add additional buttons but my configuration does not work.
    I'm running libreELEC 8.0.0 and my remote uses the default configuration for devinput.
    The shell command irw gives me the button names for every remote button:
    For example:

Code
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    1c 0 KEY_ENTER devinput
    18b 0 KEY_LIST devinput
    8d 0 KEY_SETUP devinput
    177 0 KEY_SCREEN devinput
    176 0 KEY_KEYBOARD devinput
    b0 0 KEY_EDIT devinput
    e3 0 KEY_SWITCHVIDEOMODE devinput

So I created /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml containing

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <lircmap>
      <remote>
        <setup>KEY_SETUP</setup>
        <fullscreen>KEY_SWITCHVIDEOMODE</fullscreen>
        <processinfo>KEY_KEYBOARD</processinfo>
        <info>KEY_SCREEN</info>
        <list>KEY_LIST</list>
      </remote>
    </lircmap>

and /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml containing

New actions for buttons that are already defined in default configurationxbmc/Lircmap.xml at master · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub for devinput (like buttons for red, green, blue...) are working with new actions. All buttons not defined by default but defined in my Lircmap.xml are not working.
    Any ideas what's wrong? Is the path /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml correct? Where can I enable some more logs for lirc for deeper debugging?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've installed LibreELEC 8.0.0 on an old Leveno Thinkpad T500 that fails to start Xorg Server in 50% booting. The reason is that the notebook has two graphic cards (intel and AMD). If it detects the AMD graphic card first, it fails to boot and fails to start Xorg Server. There are problems detecting the correct AMD graphic card, that's why it fails loading the corresponding driver through xorg-radeon.conf:

Code
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV635/M86 [Mobility Radeon HD 3650] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
            !!! Unknown header type 7f
            Kernel driver in use: radeon

If LibreELEC detects the Intel graphic card first, it chooses xorg-i915.conf for configuration and LibreELEC is running.

Full lspci -v:

Here is the log file /var/log/Xorg.0.log when LibreELEC detects AMD graphic card first and fails to start:

Here is the log file /var/log/Xorg.0.log when LibreELEC detects Intel graphic card first and starts LibreELEC without problems:

Is there a way to force LibreELEC always using the Intel graphic card? /etc/X11/ is mounted readonly due to the squashfs loop device that's why I can't simply replace xorg-radeon.conf. :dodgy:
    Any ideas?

Oh sorry, I use the default one in LibreELEC 8 - VDR. Thanks, now I found the "client specific settings" and I see that one can sort channels by marking a channel and moving it to a new location. Unfortunately that is very unhandy with 1000 channels. I tried grouping the few channels I need and it would be more handy to sort this group than all 1000 channels. But unfortunately there is no option to sort groups in the VDR "client specific settings".
    [hr]
    What file is used to store the grouped channels list? Maybe I can sort the file directly...
    Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying LibreELEC 7.95.3 with PVR & Live TV.
    What is the best way to sort channels?
    I've searched for channels in General -> PVR Live TV and found nearly 1000 channels (DVB-S2). Now I want to filter these channels and I opened group manager, added a new group and all inserted all needed channels from ungrouped channels list to my new group.
    Ok, that's fine but how can I sort channels in my group?

Thanks!