Posts by silashack

I am a BIG fan of the NUC range, but I think the issue here is different, just HOW much of your content is of the HEVC 10b variety and are they your own recoded or 'obtained' material. either way unless you are a purist then simply obtain the right levels of material for your needs. As stated tech will change constantly and to tie yourself to any current platform can be problematic, why not have your content in the most compatible format, a lot of people are just going with the latest most fancy, but are unable to tell the differences in either the video or the audio.

Just look at the number of posts re the s9nnx/s8nnx models and see how varied the final products are, at least with the NUC you have stability (E&OE) and yes that does come with a cost.

2c

T95m - 2/100
    SDcard install, OK and working
    NAND done and working

But I have noticed that the actual quality of my videos (various) looks a little poor, has there been a new player/codec used on this build? the actual screens look 'grainy' All settings as standard, same unit as tested before. I also have the return of the missing few seconds of video playback, and I have checked the audio settings etc.

AGAIN note that this is not a complaint, merely observations for others to check or advise.

Cheers mate

Yeah because an app with all your passwords doesn't spell a single point of failure at all..

Look I get it. Best practices are best practices for a reason. Security is a mindset not a bolt-on widget. We must all practice CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Yet all I am is a poster on a forum, not a developer or anyone important. I use a more secure password for other stuff than I do with my bank (actually I avoid online banking) and my email--at least I DID until forums started demanding complex passwords and I started dipping into my more secure passwords just so I'd remember them... Want to bet I'm not alone with that there? I'd happily bet that demanding more security in places that doesn't really need it has WEAKENED security as people start reusing their more complex passwords with a false sense of security leading to more single points of failure incidents.

If nothing else it'd be a helpful reminder to have the password rules near the login page so people could refresh their memories. Some how I just don't think there's much security in resetting the passwords to sites before every post or that creeping disaster in the making that is having the browser save more and more passwords...

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Totally agree with what you are saying here, passwords are THE stupidest method currently used, but technically the easiest to accomodate

seriously? Have you read any news of late? Yahoo MoDaCo any of that mean anything to you?

When you register to any site with any details, over time you will probably provide some VERY private details, real name, real address, email address, equipment you own, etc etc

All of that can become available to the hackers when they 'guess' your simple password, they then glean the fact that you have used the same username and passwords on multiple sites and you can bet one of them will be the one that provides them with the details they need, either financial or social, and then you are compromised.

Due to the way people use social networks today, the lack of thought as to how and why that information is stored is stunning.

Don't think this is true? Then check if you have ever provided any of the following to a 'non serious' site

Real name

Real Address

Date of Birth

Name of family members, animals, schools

Details of purchases, with the type of cards used

Holiday locations and times

Travel details

Food preferences

With VERY little effort, you can build the profile of people using a combination of the above and then steal / impersonate / defraud

If you have issues with passwords, then consider using a quality password manager or check out this page for help Password Haystacks

Some of the easiest ways to socially hack someone is to watch when they enter a password and due to 'reasons' get it wrong so many times that they either say it as they type it or type it so slow that it so easy to see..

And YES the hack part of my username is for a reason

I think you should be a little careful of the comment you just made re Kodi

it will crash/freeze eventually (Kodi cannot be called stable in the modern sense)

The HARDWARE here is the issue, NOT Kodi.

OE, LE and Kodi are all VERY stable. (staying away from nightly and dev builds)

But I do agree with you as regards the pi, I have a number of machines and if I were to put one out like requested, I would stump up the money and get an Intel NUC, for me they just work.

Agg, I'm on SD, want to keep Android, so This new script is not a solution for me. Thanks anyway.
    BTW The script needs a Firmware to work AFAIK, what version do you use?

After a lot of tries, .006 on sdcard worked perfectly for me, so if you wanr to dual boot (as such) then just follow the instructions for the .006 and all will be good.

I have tried two firmwares T95m-2G-8723-160516 and T95m-2G-8723-160622 did not notice anything between them. The new script assumes you have your android running, it then copies certain files from that and then installs LE to the NAND, so as you say, NOT what you want.

Thank **** for that, I thought it was just me, the usb on my T95m is dodgy and I had to take the PCB out to flash android, as a result it damaged what I assume is the wifi ariel, as I do not like to use wifi, I removed it to avoid further issue, BUT on the NAND .006 I have the issue for the first time with buffering, I assumed it was tryting to use the wifi , so I go into the settings and when I try to disable it just sist there and nothing appears to happen, on next boot wifi is enabled again !!

This .006 is becoming a trial and error marathon.

• The script is experimental, you do it on your own risk! Download original Android firmware before installing anything to internal memory!
    • Boot LE from SD card and connect to your box over SSH.
    • Execute the following commands:
      Code
      wget http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/tools/installtointernal
      . installtointernal
    • Follow on-screen instructions. The scripts says it makes a backup copy of recovery and device tree but in some cases this might not be possible. It should still be able to write LE to internal memory.

Can confirm that the above works on the Sunvell T95m, I now have .006 running from NAND for the very first time

THANK YOU