Posts by Nekromantik

smp - forgive me if this has been beaten down before - but it is pretty hard to find information about the subject online. Your build, would it work on a NUC6CAYB to enable HDR output ?

The NUC6CAYB has a Celeron J3455 with Intel HD Graphics 500 and :

• HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60 Hz) with HDMI CEC via MegaChips MCDP2800-BCT DisplayPort 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 Level Shifter/Protocol Converter

If memory serves me well it has the same LS-PCON as the newer generation NUC's have - tho I'm uncertain if the SoC can even support HDR.

Nope only Gemini Lake and newer supports it with these builds.

I have no means to check why it does not work. It does look like PCON may be an issue, but it's all speculation at this point.

We need to wait for hardware with a native HDMI port to make any conclusions.

As soon as consumer Mini-ITX Tiger Lake boards are available I will buy one of those.

ok well this saves me wasting money on nuc11

wonder if its due to the new gfx chip on the i5 and i7s. maybe you need updated driver.

Thanks to @luckylukz it's now confirmed that NUC11PA does indeed use a DP->HDMI protocol converter.

The driver detects 5 available connectors: DP-1, DP-2, DP-3, DP-4, HDMI-A-1.

"HDMI-A-1" is a native HDMI but it is not active when the TV is connected to a NUC's HDMI port. DP-3 is actually active which means that a PCON is used.

will you need to wait to see if they patch it in kernel?

Not yet. I try to figure out if it does have a PCON chip. NUC documentation says it does. But it does not make sense because Tiger Lake-U has a native HDMI 2.0 controller.

ok

hope the person with it can supply you with logs etc

i think it does have p con as intel board diagrams not wrong. Gemini lake NUC board diagram shows no LSPCON and HDMI direct to CPU but all others have it in diagrams