Posts by RayW

The link in your post to the flashing software & image files is no longer valid but I found them and will try the flashing software once the reformat of my SD card completes. It seems my attempted burn with Rufus had issues!

I have to say I really prefer using Win32DiskImager for setting up my LE bootable SD card. Though both shoudl do a good job I have had 100% first time success with Win32DiskImager but cannot say that usign Rufus but prepared to admit that may well be my finger trouble.

In the last 4 years, I have/had more than 2 dozen of these Inexpensive Chinese boxes, and this is the best by far. My first Amlogic device was a stick, MK808B Plus, and ran Kszaq's OpenELEC port on it. It was my Tvheadend server (whole home DVR) for two or three years. Now, I am running my Tvheadend server on my Beelink MiniMX 3 (Amlogic S905), and use it as one of my main media players. I also have an X9 (Amlogic S905X), running LibreELEC.

I also have many more expensive Android boxes, but this MeCool box, is the best of the bunch, especially for that price. It plays my live TV streams better than my Nexus Player or Xaiomi Mi box.

I have no affiliation with any manufacture or seller, just an addiction for these Android boxes.

On recommendations of many here I use the Beelink Mini MXIII II and apart from always having to installtointernal twice due to a known issue with several boxes (I loathe Android kludgeware so always install LE to internal) the box is falwless, performs brilliantly with LE and due to excelletn construction even usign heat sink compound it runs about 10C cooler than other S905X boxes I have tried. Also I hav no afflition to any box manufactures but just offer advice to other members here when I can. I would say generally you cannot go wrong with this box for LE firmware.

Only limitation as with all S905X boxes is that the Ethernet port is only standard 100Mbps as most of us here are well aware, and not the gigabit port that is desirable for streaming high quality UHD content. Still you can get a gigabit ehternet USB adapter if you really need the higher bandwidth connection. But hey I do not have a UHD set yet and as a pensioner I will be unlikely for some time to be able to afford to change my current otherwise superb 5 year old 46" Samsung series 7 FHD TV. I will wait until I can afford an OLED TV as they are by a long long way the best picture quality. So despite still twice the price of equivalent LED set, they make the upgrade and to a bigger screen well worthwhile, just a matter of winning a few grand on the lottery.

Well answered my own question.

If when running your sd card build your remote doesn't work, and you type installtointernal to try and fix your internal install... Yeah the remote won't work... Bugger.

Just please read the forum posts regarding remote.conf file to get your remtoe wroking to your box. There is a specioal forum sectiopn regarding remotes and it is really quite easy to make your own remote conf file to work with your device. Please go read the remote configurtation section of this forum by going to this thread called Create remote.conf from scratch Just checked and it is easy to find by lookign in the list of this forum's threads but hey you can just click on that name as it is also a link of course.

I made my own for my Beelink MXIII II S905x box and it is spot on and does all I wanted and even more fucntions too that I mapped into it like a remote button for play/pause for example. Must get around to posting my Beelink remote.conf file in there as should be useful to many with this same box running LE8.

in "System/Settings/Media/Library", section "Video Library": disable "Update library on startup"

same in section "Music Library"

This prevents a rescanning your library disks during startp of Kodi.

Thanks a lot for feedback pepeq, but I had already done that some time ago but did not help once I installed the IPTV simple client and the SCTV client addon for it.

Since your problem is with a specific addon, I would had thought that the first line of enquiry would be with the author of that addon.

Presumably, you have already disabled the LE PVR Simple Client add-on and, if necessary, reverted the recent changes you had made to check undesired scanning is related to your changes and/or reverted to previous builds with the new setup to see if the behaviour relates only to a particular build?

Many thanks Poida, but I thought it may well be to do with the LE IPTV Simple Client add-on thus the post here in this thread. However I noticed it was only the video libraries that were scanning after each boot up and not my big Music library, so that indeed pointed to it maybe related to the SCTV Client Addon (which is only for video content). So I looked further and closer into the settings for that client add-on and have now it seems found the cause. For anyone else with this problem it appears to be in the VOD settings for this client add-on and similar variants of it, but of course it may be different with yours. By disabling the option "Import VOD into KODI" (which I believe is enabled by default), it now no longer scans all my video libraries at each boot up, yet still the client addon works perfectly when usign the addons available VOD .streams.

Have to report also that the live TV channel switching with IPTV in 8.1.5 is very fast and I get no problems with it now. So now with no more unneeded long process library scanning at each boot up I am a happy man again :)

Now to install the new LE 8.1.6 and report back any problems I may get, though that seems very doubtful these days as these 8.1.x beta builds now all seem so stable and reliable. Any idea when we will be moving to the full 8.2 builds as it seems there are now little if any problems with 8.1.x ?? As always mega thanks to Kszaq and all the other developers here who contribute and help with the development of these LE community builds.

Just to say great wrok Kszaq on the latest & greatest 8.1.5 build. All working very nicely including of course the auto 3D switching you have now fixed :)

One problem, which may or may not be related to LE, is that recently I have started using the PVR IPTV feature with a client (SCTV) and using the LE PVR Simple Client add-on. All works very well except that every boot up it keeps re scanning my very large libraries of movies, TV shows and music and this takes ages to complete, slowing down my system whilst it is scanning of course. Is this due to something with LE or is it KODI 17 itself ?? Trouble is I rarely change or add to these libraries and only use them for playing music and for rare times the internet is down and can turn to this big source of locally stored media. I have disabled the scan library for changes at boot up function too, but that still does not stop it rescanning at every boot up. I cannot remember this happenign before I started using this PVR IPTV feature (which is I have to say brilliant BTW with the client that I use).

I appreicate this may or may not be the right thread for this annoying problem, but all I want scanned in at boot up are the IPTV channels and EPG etc., not my usually unchanged huge library. So I am not sure if this is a function that can be corrected within the LE build or is it simply just some obscure setting I need to change. Does anyone know the answer ??

Ah so actually the black screen after stopping in 3D is not a crash! It makes sense because I can power off the box with remote :) I will try to test the testbuild on my 3D setup as soon as I can (hopefully tomorrow)

Yep was the same for me the remote still worked for a power down. But blank screen and no sound.

Anyway kszak have to thank you and congratualte y ou as the auto 3D switching now workls perfectly with your test build. Only moveis and clips in 3D that do not auto set just stay SBS screen but can change that withthe 3D glasses icon at the bottom of the screen and the KODI menus stay in 3D. Must be movies without the coding for saying hey I am a 3D movie.

Is this 3D fix test build teh 8.1.4 version with the 3D fix by the way ???

So grateful to you kszak. As I now have a few coffee beans in, I am just about to send you a nice well deserved cuppa. :)

I will release 8.1.4 with only some package bumps. I did not have time to look into 3D/RGB issues recently, sorry for that.

I am still waiting for someone with 3D issues to upload a sample that you can reproduce crashing with, as requested some time ago...

Hi Kszaq. Sorry that was I who was going to send you a suitable small 3D file. Been very busy so sorry for delay in reporting my findings and not sending you a suitable 3D content small file which I cannot find so far.

I did try for some suitable sample 3D files which unfortunately although are Side by Side format they are not sensed by the system to be 3D format. So unike the big movie files I have they do not even try to trip the 3D functions on any box or system. These 3D sample files that are not sensed as 3D , do run fine with no crashing but need manually switching to 3D on my TV of course and no problem when closed down either, other than having to manually then close the 3D function on the TV. Been very busy so sorry for delay in reporting my findings and not sending you a suitable 3D content small file which I cannot find so far.

I can tell you though that even with my box plugged into a non 3D TV the lock ups as described before still occurs. So the test shoudl work okay with your non 3D TV Kszaq, that is once you have a suitable file. If I select Ask as the option for 3D switching then when I chose SBS function it does run without any lock up, but does lock the box up when I quit the 3D movie.

So does anyone here have a small 3D file that does have the inbuilt coding to be automatically recognised as SBS or TB 3D format ?? If so can they please help and send it to Kszaq and indeed me too please ?? I will continue to look for a suitabel 3D file when I get a spare moment, which has been in short supply these past two weeks.

Not forgot your coffee either just not been time to even switch the kettle on !!! Look out for a cuppa coming to you soon though so enjoy :-))

Are you able to post link to a sample that crashes your box? I'll try to reproduce it on my non-3D TV. I also assume that this is using S905X?

MAny thanks for your impressive efforts with this issue, it is so very much appreciated. Hey I think I have soem more coffee stocks arriving soon so must share a cup or two with you.

Not have a link but just testing from several 3D movies I have stored on my external plugged in USB HDD and on my NAS Drives. Interestingly though if I disable 3D with my box then I get the SBS image on screen with no crashing so it must be soemwhere in the auto 3D scripts I reckon.

Not much time today, but will try to find a small sample 3D file to download form soemwhere and that actually gives the same symptoms as my locally stored very big files. I will then forward that to you via say a personal Dropbox link. I could also try with my box connected to my non 3D bedroom TV and usign the same big Avatar mkv file to see if it still crashes with the 3D eneabled on the box.

You have to use a device tree while upgrading, choose a one with the same name you did for 8.0.x.

And so it is with my 8.0.2e build. The issue is with Nougat kernel. I repeat once again: I don't have 3D equipment, I can only guess which part of the code is responsible for crashes. If you need reliable 3D switching, please use other builds until the issue is resolved in Nougat kernel builds.

Please refer to this thread for HDR-related discussion: [TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

Thanks Kszaq for explaniong and no rush afaic Sure I can switch to 8.0.2e easily if I need the 3D movies but it can wait and I am here to test anytghing you need on thsi score.

8.1.2 build for testing: Index of /s905/8.2/8.1.2/

Changelog:

Hi Kszaq. Thanks for the new test build 8.1.2 but sadly the 3D probelm still remains unchanged it seems. Tried a few times and with different 3D content videos too but still hte same problems as reported before. All else look fine so far with the new test build. What an incredible job you are doign here.

Okay thanks for the info Kszaq. I just wanted to let you know the symptoms but it seems this is now a known issue whcih I was unaware of. Sure I always have patiencce my friend and appreicate this is not a vital issue for most folk, just grateful for any help with this as and whenever.

Always my sincere gratitude for all you do Kszaq and as soon as I have soem more coffee in my store I will send you another cup :)

I posted this message repeated here below in the other 8.0 forum thread having forgotten there is a new one here for the latest 8.2 builds. So repeat it here as it is relevant to this thread and in case it was missed. I know Kszaq was interested about the auto 3D switching . Sadly there seems to be a flaw in the current 8.1.0 and as outlined below. But hey now I am here in teh right thread I just noticed that there is now 8.1.1 out so will try it with that newer version.

Here is the post form the other forum :- ...........................

Just to follow this up 8.1.1 makes no difference to this 3D switching problem, and it is not even playing SBS 3D files either. I checked my big 17.4GB .mkv 3D (SBS) Avatar file and it is H264 FHD content with DTS sound. I am playing it from a USB extrenal hard drive plugged into one of my Beelink box's USB ports. Strangely with this particualr file sometimes but not alaways, it comes up with the Samsung TV 's 3D glasses pop up message, so it appears to be sometimes auto swtiching to 3D, but only displays a blank screen and no audio, though the hard drive does indicate much activity as though reading the file. Other times no 3D pop up message just the blank black screen, no sound and activity on the external hard drive.

3D is also important to me too as find it very pleasing and immersive when it is well done. Never understood why it never took off as the superior LG passive 3D system has glasses that are now so light, unobstrusive and cheap too.

An update just discovered that streaming SBS 3D content from the internet (plenty availabel on YT) rather than from a local file, does run the content up with teh split SBS screen so no auto switching to 3D and needing manually switching as before this feature became available.

If this can be fixed in 8.1.x then I am willing to help with testing here.

I posted this message repeated here below in the other 8.0 forum thread having forgotten there is a new one here for the latest 8.2 builds. So repeat it here as it is relevant to this thread and in case it was missed. I know Kszaq was interested about the auto 3D switching . Sadly there seems to be a flaw in the current 8.1.0 and as outlined below. But hey now I am here in teh right thread I just noticed that there is now 8.1.1 out so will try it with that newer version.

Here is the post form the other forum :-

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kszaq I replied a week ro so ago about the auto 3D function which I can say now that it is working with V 8.0.2e running on my Beelink S905x box, and indeed when running 3D content it now auto switches my 5 year old Samsung Series 7 into the correct 3D mode (usually SBS or sometiems TB) and theg KODI bottom of screen controls and subtitels all display correctly in 3D (very nice).

However, I now install to my Beelink, together with the correct S905X new device tree, your new test version 8.2.-8.1.0 and can advise that the 3D feature no longer works and usually crashes my box when I llaunch 3D content leaving me in a black screen and requiring a reboot. Although the remote powere button does still switch the box off okay so it cannot be totally crashed btu no display and no sound. I did at one point get the 3D picture up (same content so dont know why it worked this once) but when I closed the video the same problem occurred with a blank black screen and had to shut the box down and reboot. With the reboot needed I cannot see how I can get a log or even if it would be relevant anyway with this issue.

So thought you would like the feedback to advise you that the auto 3D seems flawed in the new 8.2 test build. Have now reverted back to 8.0.2e which is a superb build albeit only the MM kernel. So as always Kszaq, mega thanks for all your great work. Will be more coffee coming your way, just as soon as I get some new stock in :)

Kszaq I replied a week ro so ago about the auto 3D function which I can say now that it is working with V 8.0.2e running on my Beelink S905x box, and indeed when running 3D content it now auto switches my 5 year old Samsung Series 7 into the correct 3D mode (usually SBS or sometiems TB) and theg KODI bottom of screen controls and subtitels all display correctly in 3D (very nice).

However, I now install to my Beelink, together with the correct S905X new device tree, your new test version 8.2.-8.1.0 and can advise that the 3D feature no longer works and usually crashes my box when I llaunch 3D content leaving me in a black screen and requiring a reboot. Although the remote powere button does still switch the box off okay so it cannot be totally crashed btu no display and no sound. I did at one point get the 3D picture up (same content so dont know why it worked this once) but when I closed the video the same problem occurred with a blank black screen and had to shut the box down and reboot. With the reboot needed I cannot see how I can get a log or even if it would be relevant anyway with this issue.

So thought you would like the feedback to advise you that the auto 3D seems flawed in the new 8.2 test build. Have now reverted back to 8.0.2e which is a superb build albeit only the MM kernel. So as always Kszaq, mega thanks for all your great work. Will be more coffee coming your way, just as soon as I get some new stock in :)

RayW There is no setting, in 8.0.2e switching 3D mode should happen automatically. At least there is a patch for it, there's no way I could test it, that's why I ask. ;)

Okay thanks for the info so no need to switch on cec either then as that is not on atm. Maybe it could be my set is 5 years old but still an excellent TV. If I can get it working on auto I will coem back to you of course. Sounds like we all ought to club together and get you a superb OLED TV that has everything including passive 3D if the 2016 model from LG, best not to hold your breath on that one though LOL

Interesting and yes Kszaq I love 3D even with my 5 year old 46" Samsung Series 7 LED TV which still has an excellent picture by any accounts. Never understood why 3D did not take odff especially now with LG passive 3D with 4K which finally makes this 3D system rock.

Anyway back to the point. Nothign happens auotmatically with Krypton and I am usign the latest LE 8.0.2e which in all other respects rocks on my first calsss Beelink MXIII II box. So many thanks as always Kszaq for yoruj great work and those that add to your efforts too.

So R91g how did you get this auto swtiching to happen on yrouj TV and Krypton GUI ?? Is there a settign I have missed somewhere or is it because mmy TV is too old. Hmm wonderign if I have to enable CEC on my box. KODI does not detect my SBS 3D 1080 version of Avatar at all all I get is the side by side images and have to then manually push teh TV into 3D SBS mode. Once doen the KODI bottom of screen icons are duplicated and virtually unreadable. I can manually force KODI into 3D mode so the icons appear correctly but then have the hassle of settign that back to normal as always. Any help appreciated.

Hey Ray, have you moved to these builds now?

Everything works really well with just the very odd crash. Kszaq has done some really good work to bring Libreelec to these devices.

This latest build using the Marshmallow kernel has a darker picture in my opinion which is not that bad. Loving the addition of the LibreSSL libraries as i can now use the catchup tv addons in my country. Other than the this slow wifi problem on my device, which is hardly noticeable except the odd buffer while watching a movie, i'm really happy with it.

Hi Auxbox. Yes have had to move to LibreELEC of course on an old mutual freind's recommendation, as is really for now the only sensible way I know of to currently get Linux firmware on the latest S905 and S905X boxes. These boxes are now of course the generally available best buy boxes. S805 boxes that were compatible with other older Linux builds are no longer available and of course they are inferior anyway, and the other still publicly available Amlogic Linux builds we used to use do not as yet support S905 devices.

Yes I love LibreELEC and admire and respect Kszaq's great work and dedication here. So I have to say that none of us here benifiting from his superb efforts should forget to send him a coffee every now and then too. Every time I have some spare coffee available I send him a cup or two as it is so easy to send as it is almost INSTANT, or at least very EXPRESS(O), so it is never a GRIND ( intended puns - groan!! ).

The darker picture is a known bug with Marshmallow kernel but that minor problem is only immediately after boot up and disappears just as soon as you run a video stream, I actually do no see it but then again I do not have a UHD TV just a very good 5 year old 46" FHD Samsung series 7 which is still stunningly good. So thus no real need to upgrade this TV as yet especially when money is tight like it is for most folk these days. Nougat kernelk will I am sure eventually be fully sorted and utilised in future builds but Marshmallow is fine with me for now and for most folks I know running these boxes with LibreELEC. Now just about to upgrade my boxes to the now released 8.0.2b buildand test it out but his 2b-T1 test build was fine so I am sure this one will be for me too (many thanks again to Kszaq).

Great to be back in touch with you my friend and I am sure you are going to love it here too :)