Posts by RayW

Hmm nobody got any info for me ??

Well item one I have posted on the other thread re choosing a suitable Amlogic box so waiting for a response on there.

However the important stuff re the 8.2.4.1 S912 build after a few more tests and adjustments I have carried out. Well whatever I do it is still freezing needing a total power off/on reset. I no longer think it is temperatuire related as it is happening even at 67 C. I also carried out the GUI reset via SSH as suggested in an earlier post in this thread but still the same and even after I manually reconfigured the GUI settings back to what I need. Tried with and without Audio passthough enabled too and using both the Analogue and Digital HDMI output sound options, all making no difference to the freezing problem.

I have established that the freezes actually NEVER happen when I am watching a streaming video and only seem to happen when I am scrolling through any listings whether that is in say File Manager lists or within an addon created list of videos / music etc. I do not think I can provide a log as the box crashes of course and rebooting it I believe resets the error log anyway. Anyody have any suggestions please ??

Oh and no matter what I do I still do not see my Gigabit LAN switch the TX9 is connected to reporting it as a Gigabit link . This Gigabit switch does show that it sees a Gigbit connection from my Gigabit port fibre optic Gateway.

So I tried a UHD sample video "Hisense The Amazing B***ty Of The Planet 4K Demo" 2.2 GB file streamed from my Zyxel NAS Drive using NFS. Even though this demo has no HDR it does get a buffering problem on my Beelink box with only the standard 100Mb LAN port as would be expected but it is exactly the same buffering probelm on this new TX9 Pro box with the supposed Gigabit LAN port ?? So clearly I am NOT getting any better than the standard 100Mbps connection. That is born out by running the Arnu Speedtest addon on the TX9 which shows the normal 90 Mb download speed maximum you get from a standard 100Mb LAN port of course, even with my ISP's 150 Mbps ISP fibre optic internet connection and then all via a Gigabit port gateway and gigabit switches to my TX9 Pro. My PC reports speedtest does as expected report the full 150 Mbps download speed and in fact even slightly more most of the time. Once again does anyone have any useful input on this one ???

Sorry for long posts but I am trying to ensure I convey all the relevant information that may be needed. This is a habit from my past pre retirement professional electronics background where we worked on the sound rationale of leaving no stone unturned when detailing any such technical problems and the symptoms.

P.S. Why the heck is B-e-a-u-t-y a censored word ????????????

I have just got new Tanix TX9 Pro 3/32GB S912 box with its imnpressive specs, higher price but still good value. I see no mention of this box searching through the threads here only for the Tanix TX92 with what seems to be the same specifications except a more ventilated case with a power button. So what if any is the difference as they are both the same specs from all I can see and even some say they both have 3G DDR4 and others say one or the other or both have 3G DDR3, so that is the only vague differences I can see. Not sure even which one is th enewer of the two as difficuolt to search for the answer getting unclear results.

Okay I can say that the TX9 Pro works extemly well with the S912 LE 8.2.2.3 firmware with no freezes and no obvious problems. In fact it runs very well and seems faster than my TX7 S905X 2/32GB box. Both by the way are running LE 8.2.2.3 off of the same type fast Class 10 SD cards and I have one similarly running 8.2.3.1 on another S905X Beelink box. However, and no matter what 1Gb Ethernet port device tree I use (and many wont work) my Gigabit LAN switch indicators never shows a 1Gb connection only the usual standard 100GB. Tried a few 100 Mb LAN port device trees and these will not even boot, so I am pretty sure my box does have a gigabit port as it says in all the adverts but no hard evidence to show when runnign the box. Same even with the newer 8.2.4.1 LE firmware on the TX9 Pro. Can anyone explain why this is ?? For my LAN with my fast NAS drive the Gigabit LAN port on this box would be good for watching stored 4K movies, and some with HDR too, streamed over my Gigabit LAN as I believe I need at least 120 Mbps and ideally a little more with HDR and 5.1 audio too.

Okay been following this thread and have some questions which I hope I can get some good answers here from you guys.

Firstly. I have just got new Tanix TX9 Pro 3/32GB S912 box with its imnpressive specs, higher price but still good value. I see no mention of this box searching through the threads here only for the Tanix TX92 with what seems to be the same specifications except a more ventilated case with a power button. So what if any is the difference as they are both the same specs from all I can see and even some say they both have 3G DDR4 and others say one or the other or both have 3G DDR3, so that is the only vague differences I can see.

Secondly. Okay I can say that the TX9 Pro works extemly well with the S912 LE 8.2.2.3 firmware with no freezes and no obvious problems. In fact it runs very well and seems faster than my TX7 S905X 2/32GB box. Both by the way are running LE 8.2.2.3 off of the same type fast Class 10 SD cards and I have one similarly running 8.2.3.1 on another S905X Beelink box. However, and no matter what 1Gb Ethernet port device tree I use (and many wont work) my Gigabit LAN switch indicators never shows a 1Gb connection only the usual standard 100GB. Same even with the newer 8.2.4.1 LE firmware on the TX9 Pro. Can anyone explain why this is ?? For my LAN with my fast NAS drive the Gigabit LAN port on this box would be good for watching stored 4K movies, and some with HDR too, streamed over my Gigabit LAN as I believe I need at least 120 Mbps and ideally a little more with HDR and 5.1 audio too.

Thirdly. I have tried and have sort of got working the newer LE 8.2.4.1 firmware on the TX9 Pro box on separate same type SD card after trying several appropriate device trees, but found the same one I use for the 8.2.2.3 build supporting the TX9 with the 1Gb Lan works best . However i am suffering from freezes that do seem to be heat related, even though I have NOT enabled the GPU overclocking feature. I think this is heat simply because the box runs fine for the first 20 minutes or so and then freezes reuiring a hard power off reboot, and keeps freezing almost immediately after each new reboot too. Strangely although the temperature is showing around 70C ( I live in a very hot Thailand) this is exactly the same temperature I see when using the 8.2.2.3 build wiht this same box, and which does not freeze at all ?? Any advice on this appreicated.

Latly. I cannot get the newer LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Oclock-GPU.img.gz build working at all despite trying many 3G with IGb lan device trees. All as I say running a dual boot system with the fast 16GB SD card used for LE.

Thanks in advance for any help with these queries.

Why are you doing this ?

All it does is heat up the GPU portion of the Chipset unnecessarily drawing 4K pixels onscreen. The user interface is likely slower as a result as well.

AML 4K LE Kodi Krypton is designed to run at a 1080p Kodi user interface, so your 4K TV with it's superior 1080p > 4K picture upscaling hardware produces a sharper picture when viewing anything 1080p on a 4K TV.

If Kodi refresh switching is set to Start/Stop any 4K content you watch will trigger an auto resolution switch from 1080p to 4K anyway for true 4K output.

Thanks for your feedback wrxtasy. I set the default res in KODI to 3840 x 2160 as I so when availabel stream in 4K content and I noptice it also auto switches on the HDR on my set where it is HDR content. So are you saying that if set to FHD res then when a 4K content is being screened it automaticlaly switches the dispaly output to 3840 x 2180 ?? I do set my KODI refresh rate to Start/Stop already. I was unaware this would change the reosolution automatically to 4K if 4K content is being streamed. So I will try that and you reckopn I will get a better result with 1080 and 720 content by leaving the TV 's more advanced system to do the upscaling. What I did not want is for my 4K content to be downscaled to 1080 and then the TV updscalign it back up to 4K.

Do you think this is the cause also of the Android screen corruption ? I will find out soon no doubt when I change the default KODI res to 1080p

Can anyone help with what is likely a simple solution that is evading me. Using my Beelink MXIII II 2G/16G box running 8.2.2.3 build from a Class 10 SD card. Have recently got a new TV a LG Super UHD set and have set my KODI system to the UHD resolution 3840 x 2160 and all is well playing some 4K streamed content too. However now when I switch to Android using the Reboot from Internal option I get the normal Android start up to the home screen and then a few seconds later I get the spinning wheel working icon and the picture is suddenly zoomed right in as though I was sending a UHD resolution to a FHD screen. So I only seeing a distorted quarter of what should be the Andorid home screen filling my UHD TV display.

So anyone got any ideas why this is so and how to cure it ?? I am sure it worked to the new TV okay when I first tried it out to the new LG set. Much appreciate any help here as clearly some parameter has changed but difficult to get into the Android settings with this screen display problem. If I get tiem to click on the Settings option it does go to the Setrtings screen but unusable as the screen display gets massively zoomed. Sure Android is fine it seems when I tried it the same way on my Tanix TX7 box which is configured the same as the Beelink running LibreELEC KODI 17.6 off of an SD card

I'm still running one box with Kszaq's Jarvis 7.0.3.12 and it still works great.

My TX7 on 8.2.3.1 is my daily everyday box which works Perfect as well.

8.90 is for testing and for not for everyday use. I run it on a TX3Mini that was given to me but i only test when i get time.

I agree totally with you kostaman. I solidly use Kzaqs 8.2.3.1 on my main KODi box I use in my lounge for my main entertainment and it works very well indeed and stable. If you have other suitabel and capable boxes then by all means play with teh test releases of KODI 18 Leia as then it does not matter if as it will several features do not work as yet. So secret is onoly play with test releases iof you have a secondary box or even run it on a separate SD card on your one box and repalce it with your main everyday KODI 17.6 SD card for your leisure use.

Personally although I have 4 boxes I can use I have not got the time right now to play much with these test builds so I happily stay with the last of teh KODI 17.6 LE buils 8.2.3.1 and other than NEtflix not available I do not feel I am missing out on anything and anyway Netflix works excellently on my new LG 55SJ850T Super UHD Smart TV I purchased just yesterday for a bargain promotion price. There is some great content on Netflix in UHD and even the superior Dolby Vision HDR giving a brilliant stunning picture that makes at least my jaw drop. These new SUHD Nano Technology (or very similar Samsung overpriced QLED) screens are IMHO only supassed (with a couple of small caveats) by OLED of course, which sadly is still way too expensive for my pensioner's and most folk's budget.

You should try NOT using the -nand version of the device tree file. The Beelink box you have does not need the nand version just use the straight forward gxl_p212_2G.dtb file instead. I have the same box and it works perfectly withthe non nand DTB file on LE 8.2. that is. Not tried on LE9 yet on the Beelink as only used my TX7 box for testing these Alpha LE9 releases, but clearly the -nand version is incorrect for this box.

That's your prerogative if you wish to stay with LE8.2, these builds are purely for testing and have never been marketed as final and so should be treated as such.

The IR changes are global across all Amlogic based devices for LE9.0 and they are an improvement because people should be able to use their Pioneer AV remote or any other remote if they want to, I knew this change would be troublesome for some users but I want to keep these builds as close to the official LE source as possible and not deviate from it.

LE8.2 development has stopped, all developers are now solely committing to LE9.0.

Yes

Thanks Adam for your usual helpful response. Yes I fully understand and of course as always support and respect your good work here.

I was just making a point here as these days there seems so may so called updates in so many walks of life that I find end up being downgrades and was worried this might end up the same way. Sure I fully understand these are early test releases only and you are right to comply with the new default system for remote mapping. I will try to adapt my really nice Beelink MXIII II remote.conf file I use in LE8 to this new mapping system when I get my head around it. The key allocations I currently have mapped and use with LE8 I find very user friendly with all keys on the Beelink remote being mapped for useful purposes. If I succeed when and if I get time to try, I will indeed post it wherever is appropriate here for the LE9 remote mapping files. I will also do the same for my TX7 box too. Just finding the time as retirement can be so busy hmm :)

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I find more and more upgrades these days actually make things worse and harder to configure so I have to call them unnecessary downgrades. ALL upgrades should be improvements and make life easier, not harder. Sounds like I will stick with Krypton unless I see any real reason to change to Leia, and no NetFl;ix is not enough reason. Just my two pence worth.

So can someone list the actual real user benefits of Leia over Krypton ?? Netflix we can take as read, once that is we can use HW acceleration. Sure I know early days yet, but so far I see nothing to get folk excited about and no promise of any real user beneficial improvements. I would rather we kept what we have with Krypton and just build on it to make it better and better, like adding Netflix capability with HW acceleration to it. Why do they need to keep changing KODI so often ? The old adage comes to mind in that if it aint broke don't fix it, and that certainly stands true today as it always did.

I hope I can be proven wrong, time will tell.

Unfortunately to cut your post short the decoders used for Netflix are not hardware accelerated so the maximum resolution you can goto is 720p, this may change in the future as Leia is only at an Alpha stage.

There is nothing I can do about this, a quick search on the forums would have shown you this as well and saved you a lot of trouble and a pointless upgrade to the UHD package, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks for your reply adamg and sorry I missed finding the info in my search. Normally I am pretty good at finding out the info I want maybe as I was short of time and hurrying too much I missed it. Appreciate your help and now understand why I can not get better than 720 res though most in SD sadly. Sure, I fully accept Leia is still young so will not unfairly judge it for now. As I said I am always here to test now I have broken the ice with a Leia boot up SD card so will follow the progress with interest.

As to running Netflix directly on my Smart TV well sadly I cannot get a NetFlix Samsung app for my TV model maybe because it is a 6 years old Samsung Series 7, though still gives a truly superb FHD picture as everyone who visits comments. Anyway I just cannot afford to upgrade my TV for some time yet and want to make it well worth it with hopefully an LG OLED 65" once the price comes down. Anyhow I am watching Netflix okay on my Apple TV 3 at what seems like FHD so I got it covered and adamg the upgrade was free anyway as I am on a one month free trial with any package I want to try, so IF I keep the Netflix package I will revert to the middle package for up to FHD.

Just come over to this thread from the 8.2 thread. Been a long time user of these excellent LE8 releases, and currently I am using the latest 8.2.3.1 on my S905X 2G/32G Tanix TX7 box.

Okay so I wanted to try out teh latest LE Leia release on an SD card with my Tanix TX7 box and all went well with a fresh install. However, trying to restore my latest Krypton build to Leia was very difficult and took ages and left me with a slow poorly responsive system for sure. So a clean factory reset and jthen ust installed the NetFlix addon to test it out with my new free months trial of teh HD package with Netflix Thailand.

Very disappointed although I signed up for the HD package most Movies and TV series I watched were at a miserable 720 x 480 resolution. So I upgrade my free months trial account to the UHD pacakge and still no difference as I suspected would be the case. Contacted NetFClix who said after a few tests that I needed to contact myh ISP and get a full reset of the connection, which I did. NetFlix said this is because their package size is bigger than most which is understandable seeing it is not an international connection but from a Thai server, but was dubiouos as to that beign the cause. Anyway the long and short of it, it made no difference. Best I ever get is 720p HD from teh Leia NetFlix addon. Have no trouble streaming 1080 content from other addons and have no problem with any other internet based services I use here.

I have an Apple TV Mk3 (FHD capable and cannot afford a Mk 4 !!) which a fgreind gave me as a present, and can watch Netflix on it okay and seems to be giving me at least 720 res in all I watch on it so far, but no way can I check and confirm the resolution I am getting from the Apple TV, unlike my KODI box where hitting the "o" key gives me the display info I need. But it looks much better when usign Netflix on the Apple TV than on the new NetFlix Leia addon.

So I have tried to look back to see if this is a problem with others here but there are a huge load of posts re Netflix and so far cannto find what I am lookign for in th elimited tiem I can spare, so any help appreciated in case this is a problem wiht the NetFlix addon or some setting I have missed, though cannot see what or where. Anyway great work as always on this project which I will happily test new builds as and when they are released.

Other than NetFlix I sadly cannot as yet see any other real advantages with Leia over Krypton to make it worth the effort to change over so far, but hey it is early days and in all fairness I have not given it the time it deserves as yet. My Krypton LE 8.2.3.1 box is doing all I ask of it so very happy with that. Have to say NetFlix seriously lacks content though with much I like to view missing, sad as I thought this may be the non rip off answer to making piracy unneeded, seems so far to be not the case !!!

I wish I could afford your OLED TV but sadly a poor pensioner waiting to win the lottery or come good on Bitcoin/Crypto currencies. OLED are a thousand times better than ANY LED or inferior QLED sets IMHO. I love the LG range and soem relative bartgains available if you buy last years models on promotion as they are still absolutely first class too. You don't need this year's models unless you are a fat cat of course :)

Anyway lipsync can affect us all and depends really on the source material. Y ou will find not all video streams are affected by lip sync problem. Just simply go to the Settings option whilst playing the affected video and select the audio settings option and then you will see there is an option to adjust the audio delay/advance, so you can neatly and easily match your video stream whilst it is playing. I find most lip sync problem media needs a 250 mS audio delay. You can also set this audio delay as the default setting if you find it is affecting all or most of the media you play. You will find that there is an option to set the audio settings as the default for all media further down that same audio settings page. Take a look yourself and you will see it much clearer than I can explain here.

I've tried the Droidbox s905 T8-Mini and s905x T8-SE, but they just don't seem to be the ultimate solution, even when running the LibreElec boot option. I just am not experienced enough to wade through all the various comments and suggestions that seem to point at more like the Droidbox setups.

Whats wrong with the Tanix TX7 S905X box. Cheap and highly specced and supports UHD and gives HDR too though I only have a FHD TV with an excelletn picture quality right now as unable to afford to change TVs. I used the Beelink MXIII II S905X box before and that was even better but no longer available.

Yeah I do realise that I could switch off the bits that don't work with the latest builds but we wouldn't have come this far if we'd all done that in the past eh? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yep a good point of course Poida. Just wont be a priority fix as you realise. Anyway the start of a new year and hope this year brings more good news and exciting developments for us all.. Hope you had a good New Year celebration. As to me I am now up and just recovering from the excesses :)

Poida why not just disable the intro video, far easier. I just use the default KODI 17 Estuary skin with mine and it works perfectly. There are surely enough KODI complications recently without introducing unnecessary ones IMHO. To me an intro video at boot up is just not necessaryh and just a tiny little bit of icing on the cake which you only see briefly at boot up, so do not see the point personally. Just my two sents my friend.

Oh Happy New year to all here, have a great and successful 2018.

Might be a daft question for someone like myuself who has been here for quite some time now, BUT what is the difference between the Kszaq 8.2.1.2 and the auto updated version 8.2.2.1. I get confused with this numbering system sometimes so just put it down to creeping senility LOL

Is the auto updated version one of Kszaq's builds also ??

It's your tv's problem. Nothing to do with LE.
    You have to set up your tv for every resolution and fps. Your LE GUI is 1080p60 but if you play a movie it will change the video signal according to the movie's resolution and fps. So start the movie and play with your tv's aspect ratio settings.

Simply change yout TV settings to Best Fit (Samsung option maybe different naming on other makes) and it will automaticlaly match to whatever device you have plugged in so devices can all stay opn the preferable default settings without cropping needed. Note you cannot change and save TV settings in Dynamic and Movie picture modes so I use Standard mode and adjust all the settings to get as near perfect a picture as I can using all the settings like Contrast, Brightness, Darkness, Backlighting etc. My standard mode set with aspect as Best Fit is now as perfect for me as I need, more vivid like Dynamic mode but without being over the top as the default Dynamic mode usually is. Most of these settings are of course subjective.

But important to remember that it will not retain the picture option of Best Fit in Dynamic and Movies modes, well that is for all Samsung LED TVs I have configured.

I am not doing *any* Rockchip development but I wouldn't hope for RK3368 support as it comes with PowerVR GPU with no Linux drivers.

Thanks for that update Kszaq. I am perfectly happy with your excellent S905X development myself and eternally grateful to you for all your amazing hard work. But it seems these manufacturers are not stayign with the Amlogic S905X sadly, so what next once the S905X boxes dry up as they are starting to now ?? The S912 path maybe but that is still not recommended here as yet, unless anyone knows better.

Thanks also to chewitt for that excellent information, much apreciated as it answers many questions many may be having on this issue.