Posts by ssarava9

Are you saying you cannot see anything in Libreelec Configurations / System ?

If that is what you are asking ?

Code
    My LibreELEC Settings screen is empty, how can I fix it?
    A: Login over SSH, execute 
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml 
    and reboot.

I'm not able to boot in LR so cannot connect over SSH, it has boot issue

Have a major problem after upgrading to the latest version in the index, it is showing blank screen and i tried unplugging and rebooting with the SD card still no Kodi / Libreelec shows up

Using S905X 2GB/ 8 GB with SD card and upgraded to following file

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.0.tar 19-Jul-2017 20:26 155074560

I have been upgrading for the past one year no issues faced and now worried all my addons and data will be gone, please help

How to fix or downgrade without loosing the addons as i had spent numerous hours in getting all the addons working and no backup made

Please some one help

I started using these ROMs recently. 7 worked fine but 8 was having the exact same buffering problems described here. I knew it wasn't my network or my NAS and even with 100mbs, there should be plenty of bandwidth for movies twice the size as I'm trying. No mater what I tried, none of my Bluray backups would play without skipping/buffering. I wasted a couple of hours messing with settings, with no luck, and I finally got these rips to play 100%. I tried so many things so I can't be certain that this is what finally did it. But what I think it was finally was messing with the advancedsettings.xml file. Setting

<memorysize>50000000</memorysize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <readfactor>6.0</readfactor>

is what started it working for me. Let me know if this helps your guys' buffering issues. I've only gone through 2 movies but I'm hopeful. I'd rather not run android.

I will try this today and report back, thanks

Have you tried CEC in peripherals under settings-->System-->Input
    there you can change the settings not to switch off Kodi when powering off TV

Here's mine from Tanix TX5Pro.
    Tweaked to make some unused buttons work as Play/Pause, Stop, Codec Info

Attached both files - original and modified.
    Enjoy :)

Where do you place this remote.confg file in LE ?, i heard you should only place remote.xml files in keymaps, am i wrong?
    Is this applicable for wireless air remote ? i have strange behaviour on my wireless remote, when i press back button it takes me to home page every time instead of the previous screen, any help would be really appreciated

Will there be a final krypton release for s905x? Icouldnt update from the tar files from original LE download section , please advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone can please confirm on this ? I'm not able to manual update the TAR files from the below list , im right now using 7.9.52 beta 5b in S905x

Manual Update from LibreELEC 7.0 or OpenELEC (.tar)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)
    LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.arm-7.95.3.tar (info)

HDR works. The only problem is, the box only outputs 8 bit color instead of the proper 10 bit.
    My TV (Sony Z9D) still goes into HDR mode and the PQ is mostly fine, but you can see banding in gradients.

I discovered the display_bpp u-boot variable, which is now set to 24 (so 8 bit). Would changing that to 30 give me the 10 bits?
    I'm a little hesitant to try it out, since I don't want to brick my bootloader.

I can also confirm the judder on 23.976hz material.

Another issue is the fact that when playing back 1080p (and outputting 1080p), the output is 4:4:4, but the chroma upscaling is just simple nearest neighbor, which looks horrible.
    As a workaround I switched to software decoding, which uses ffmpeg to do the chroma scaling.

EDIT: I'm on S905X (Beelink MXIII - II)

How do you find whether tv plays 8 bit or 10 bit HDR, I have Samsung 60" 4K tv with hdr 10 support

hi kszaq,
    after a short test period I decided to move to my faster SD card, made the backup with LE backup function, saved the fle to USB, made the new card, started, Krypton loaded, started LE restore, it downloaded the selected tar file for a while, asked for reboot, countdown, went back to setting menu, rebooted and... nothing happened. I've got the same empty system...
    Is there a way to manualy restore the files from the tar?

You may need to enable the addons and repositories after restore , go to myaddons and enable it

I was playing the file from my PC over DLNA (Universal Media Server), works fine. Your TV needs to be in Movie mode I think to automatically recognize HDR.
    Havent tested anything on USB yet.

Thanks , downloaded some sample hdr files and can see my tv detects hdr signal , looks like all my previous streams are not hdr though they claim it is in HDR