Posts by brimur

Great! I was just asking about this in the K1/KII thread! Thanks very much!

Edit: I just updated with your tar but there was no change, tvheadend 4.2 still does not detect any adapters. When I ssh in after a reboot and grep dmesg for dvb I only see one line...

Kodi:~ # dmesg | grep dvb
    [ 7.277097@1] aml_dvb_init: aml dvb init

Nothing for "DVB"

Hi, I have a KIII Pro with the same Availink AVL6862TA and I am using Kszaq's experimental S912 build which works great but the DVB adapters are not detected. Can you tell me what .fw file I need to copy to the firmware directory so the adpters are detected? Thank you.

Edit: Actually I just realised the /lib/firmware directory is not writable. Can I just get the name of the .fw file so I know which is the correct one? Thanks

Edit 2: Just found the KIII thread! :)

kszaq Just wanted to say thanks again for working on S912. I just installed 8.0.1b experimental and I had no trouble playing a 1080p x265 clip with a DTS-HD MA passthrough to my receiver. For me that was my one of my goals, HEVC with HD audio passthrough. I hope you got my small coffee tip ;)

One last piece of the puzzle is the DVB drivers. I installed tvheadend 4.2 but no adapters were detected. My S912 box is a KIII Pro with an Availink AVL6862TA S2/T2 combo (same as K1 Plus). I know there is a K1 Plus ELEC build by Alex with the firmware out there but I dont know which is the correct firmware to add to this build to make it work. Any tips appreciated. Thanks

Tried this today, updated from libreelec 7.0, all went fine apart from my remote dont work. I have it installed to.nand and in previous version remote was working fine. Ive tried all 3 links for remote but still no luck, i put the text into the config folder, am i doing this right?, Once i get the remote working it will all be fine. Any help appreciated.

Running beta 3 now. Working great but similar to the person above the default remote stopped working. Using the tv remote now and CEC which is fine but it doesnt have the buttons to show codec info or jump back to main menu etc. Other than that Im delighted with it. Thanks very much

My S805 build folder is 12GB.

The idea of LE is to have read-only system partition image as squashfs. I don't have a way to modify it.

@all If anyone is having issues with non-working sound on boot and it starts to work after replugging HDMI, 7.0.3.3 build has been updated to 7.0.3.3a with a fix for that issue.

Hi guys, just installed this on one of my boxes and its running great. I hit a snag relating to the read only file system though when I plugged in my TV adapters and installed TVHeadend 4.2 in Kodi. TVHeadend detected no adapters.
    Normally I check dmesg and it shows if a DVB adapter was detected and if not I download the firmwares and add them to /usr/lib/firmware. In this case one was showing and one was not but neither show in TVHeadend.

Code
    [   11.437816@3] usb 1-1.2: em28178#1: Identified as PCTV DVB-S2 Stick (461e) (card=92)

My other card is a PCTV DVB-T2 Stick (292e) but that did not show up even though the firmware (dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw) is in the /usr/lib/firmware directory. So I tried adding the firmwares and that is when I came up against the read only filesystem. I tried remounting as RW but that did not work.

Just wanted to see if there was any workaround for this and also if you have any idea why the DVB adapter that is detected in the OS but is not showing up in TVHeadend?

Thanks very much
    B

Below is the dmesg from when I plug in the 292e stick but it does not see it as a DVB device...