Posts by zomboided

Something wrong with Cyberghost?

Only they know that, did you ask their support team?

Regardless, the reported location for any VPN (which is from one of three third party APIs) is far from 100% reliable in terms of its location data. What this does tell you is that the interweb thinks you're connected somewhere else to where you are actually connected.

User Defined "just" uses an ovpn that the user supplies. The wizard is not 100% full proof for sure, but if you're capable of managing a VPN server, then you're capable of debugging ovpn issues. Ultimately, if you don't supply a working ovpn, then it won't work, for sure....

If you don't understand the variability built into PiVPN, and the variance with the way people will set it up and use it, then nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. Either way, I'm not adding native support because it makes no sense. And I'm definitely not adding native support for your specific usage of PiVPN - that's way too limited an audience.

Also, I'm not even clear on the use case of PiVPN. If you're always connecting to the same end point just use systemd to achieve this. You'll still need a working ovpn for that though.

I used to have a lovely old Yamaha amp, sounded so good even after 20 years. The only solution I found was to do Pi to TV via HDMI, then optical out from the TV to the amp. I have a newish Sony TV and that seemed to work fine with DD5.1 and DTS, with pass through enabled in the relevant sound menu. Didn't work for the HD audio formats, but from memory those just got down sampled and I put up with it.

Also my experience was (and I can't remember how I did this)...if you try split the signal before it gets to the TV and the TV does a bunch of processing on the picture, then it can throw out the timing and the audio can be ahead of the video and you're forever fiddling with the offsets and it's never right.

Ondrej2005 you can change the ovpn to do anything you want, go see the documentation on the wiki on User Defined.

A password on a key file, which is what I think you have is not going to work. This is a known issue which I'm not planning on fixing anytime soon. You might be able to work around this by editting the ovpn directly. Or changing PiVPN to not require a password on a keyfile.

I've not used what you're pointing at, and am not going to go find a Pi to install it to understand it.

You should be able to take the ovpn it generates and use the wizard to ingest it for use as a User Defined. The wizard will do the best job it can based on what it finds, but it's not full proof (and doesn't support passwords for key files - you should avoid using this approach). If the wizard doesn't work you can go and edit the ovpn file directly to make it work.

It worked 3.5 year ago, when they had passwords on their keys. Totally conceivable that they've changed it since then, I don't use them.

I'd want to see a log but likely if you want this to work you'll have to go fetch their latest .ovpn files so I can update everything.

Well you didn't provide a log, so I have no idea what your problem was. I'm not good at guessing.

Other people were raising issues on github regarding similar issues and did provide a log. This has resulted in a bigger timeout period for the authentication and an updated version of code. Maybe you also picked that up via the repo.

Authentication is still working for me, but I can't do the final connection because my account is expired. so I think authentication still works. If you reset the VPN provider (settings/utilities) it'll delete the current settings and you can force a full authentication again.

The user ID and password to connect is not the same as you type into the GUI - it's retrieved from Nord using the API. Just because the user ID and password you use to access their services hasn't changed, it doesn't mean the one you're using to log on hasn't changed or expired. I thought the code dealt with this and retrieved a new user id and password. If it happens again I'd like to see a trace with debug and http tracing set on (settings/advanced)

When you validate the connections, the add-on will make a call to an external service (like whatismyip or whatever) to see what your IP address is. If you see the same address as your IP provider gave you, then the connection to your VPN provider has worked (in that openvpn returns that the connection is successful), but probably some aspect of the routing or DNS has gone wrong. This is probably caused by a bad ovpn file.

Follow the trouble shooting guide on the wiki using the command line to eliminate Kodi and VPN Mgr and go get help from your VPN provider support team.

And do it on a regular build and not some bullshit wizard build with Indigo installed.

Is it normal to use port 443 here. I would've expected port 1194 when I chose UDP, where am I wrong? I didn't change anything in VPN Manager settings. Logs copied on pastebin, after UDP and TCP connection tests.

Different providers use different ports. Some providers allow connections on multiple ports. If you switch off 'Use VPN provider default UDP port' on the VPN Config tab in settings, then you can choose the port you use. It won't work unless your VPN provider allows it though.

Just tried it. When I do ps -ef, I have:

Then ping works perfectly. But I still can't SSH into Libreelec from outside ("Timeout connecting to xxx.duckdns.org").

My Pi is connected to my router (ISP box), on which port forwarding is setup so as I can access my home network via my duckdns address. That's pretty simple, ports 22 and 443 are redirected to the Pi.

When the VPN is activated, should I still be able to connect via my duckdns address? Or should I use the VPN address?

Thanks again.

duckdns address. Local traffic shouldn’t be going through the VPN. It should come into the router (which isn’t using the VPN) and be forwarded over your local network to your Pi. It’s exactly how I run mine, albeit with a different dynamic DNS service