Posts by KOPRajs

I wonder does the Vero 4K really run on 1.6 GHz as claimed in specs? I thought Amlogic S905X is supposed to be limited to 1.5 GHz except for Odroid C2 with modified bootloader and kernel (Amlogic S905, S905X, and S912 Processors Appear to be Limited to 1.5 GHz, not 2 GHz as Advertised).

What would kszaq say?

Can confirm this does in fact work. I have osmc running on my x96.stock remote needs mapping but otherwise fully functional

Can you confirm the CPU freq of X96 when running OSMC? Also I'd like to see the heatsink of X96 can you make some photos please?

Thank you.

Could someone please tell me how to install the latest build to SD card? I've been using the these builds since they were created last February on the MX (8726) on NAND, but I think my box is suffering flash wear-out as described by KOPRajs. One day I saw a bunch of errors relating to internal storage on boot and it never loaded LE after that. I've done the cache wipe and unfortunately also the factory wipe via the Android robot recovery, so I may have soft-bricked my device (as described by another post in the Amlogic section).

I've successfully loaded the empty storage partition (storage.img.gz file and LE SD Creator) and it loads the LE splashscreen... I just don't know how to install LE to SD card -- my goal is simply to load LE form the SD card since my NAND is probably toast.

Up until recently, LE has been running perfectly on NAND for 2+ years. I originally had OE then upgraded to LE through its various iterations, without any problems ever. And surprisingly the MX boot faster and seemed to perform better compared to my MXQ. Great work KOPRajs!

Thank you for your help!

John

Let me try to make it a little bit more clear.

First, there are several partitions on the internal NAND:

KERNEL - kernel image

SYSTEM - system image

DATA - storage partition

CACHE - cache (not used by OpenELEC / LibreELEC)

It is usually only the DATA partition which suffers from the NAND wear-out as the KERNEL and SYSTEM are used as read-only.

Second, there is nothing like "boot from SD card" supported by this build. You always need to have the kernel and system images on the internal NAND. However this build looks for whatever partition named LIBREELEC_DISK on every boot and uses it for storage instead of always using DATA partition.

So you don't need to install LE to SD card. You only need to have LE (kernel and system) installed on the internal NAND and to have an empty SD card named LIBREELEC_DISK inserted in the box during boot.

Hope this helps.

Just wondering if there will be an update to Libreelec 8.1.0 so we can get Krypton 17.4.

Thanks,

iamwally

There is not much to get from update to 17.4 as most of the fixes does not apply to Amlogic platform. So I'm currently not planning 8.1.x / 8.2.x build, sorry. Instead I've already tried to build development version of 9.0 (with Kodi 18.0) and it runs somehow, however in its current state it is not usable yet.

Got it working with the image thanks guys. Next is how to get it to work without the external sd card. Something About ssh commands. Teach me, ready to learn. Never messed with ssh don't really know anything about it. Main thing at this point is that its working.

Sorry, this thread is about LE build for MX2. I can't teach everyone everything. You can find out how to connect to your LE device via SSH elsewhere, just use Google please. Also there are installation instructions in the first post, please read it.

Basically you need to connect to your device via SSH and run a single command:

Code
    tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data

how do I delete it? This is new territory for me. Hope u can help.

Are you really asking me how to delete a file on your computer? Or do you miss the point that there is no problem in your LE box but the problem is in SSH client on your computer? If you try to connect to your box via SSH from another computer it will work. It is a security feature of your SSH client that refuses to connect to your LE device because it has changed its SSH fingerprint (it changes with every new LE installation).

So just delete the /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts file on your Mac (I'm just guessing you are using Mac).

You can delete it e.g. by running following command in terminal:

Code
    rm /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts

The problem is that SSH client application on your Mac has saved previous remote system identification for this IP address. Simple solution for you is to delete the known_hosts file in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts (or open it in text editor and remove line 6).

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:6

I'm a little unclear about the future upgrade path from 8.0.2.

Going forward, can I update LibreElec using the /storage/.update folder method?

Yes, you can. Not just from 8.0.2 but also from 8.0.1 and even from 8.0.0. Once you've got 8.0.0 or newer up and running with the label on storage you can update to future versions using .tar as usual.

Question: I have 3 MX2's. I'd like to clone the setup of the first box after I upgrade to LibreElec 8.0.2 and using an external SDCard for /storage.

Can I just clone my external SDCard 2 times and after the upgrade from Recovery to 8.0.2, insert the cloned SDCards to have 2 additional cloned MX2 setups?

Yes, you can. The only possible drawback might be a network connection setup (as it is saved for a particular MAC address). So you might need to setup network connection again on the cloned boxes.

EDIT: Please note that all your boxes are going to have the same SSH fingerprint.

I can confirm this as well on my Amlogic Meson6 based MX2 box.

With my old OE 6.0 build with RetroPlayer 15.2 everything works fine. However with my new LE 8.0.1 build I get the same as others. Controllers work via USB but not via bluetooth. I can successfully pair and connect the controller via bluetooth, I can see it in Peripherals (with deadzone settings etc.), I can see it in kodi.log, I can use it in keyboard mode and mouse mode but in joystick mode I don't get any key press events at all (Terios S3).

It is Amlogic Meson6 so it runs on 3.10 kernel but I can confirm the same on kazaq's build running on S905X with 3.14 kernel.

It does not seem to be a kernel problem to me.

EDIT: The device node /dev/input/js0 is created when connected over bluetooth however there are no output when running cat /dev/input/js0. So it seems to be a low-level system problem.

Thanks for your reply.
    /dev/mmcblk0p1---- 27.0mb is very small in my brother's case.Can it resize with partition program only and should work fine?

how many partitions after properly making storage on sd card we should see?

It seems that the partition did not get resized.

I've made some changes and re-uploaded the storage.img.gz. Please re-download and try it again. Hopefully it will get resized this time.

I'm afraid you are making false conclusions here. Let's make it more clear:

- /dev/system - this is internal read-only partition with system files (that's where LibreELEC or Android is installed)
    - /dev/data - that is internal partition used for storage (it is not there because you are not using it)
    - /dev/mmcblk0p1 - this is first partition on your SD card
    - /dev/sda1 - that would be first partition on your USB drive

Now please try again to create the storage on SD card or USB drive using the storage.img.gz with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and see if it gets correctly resized to the size of your device upon first boot.

Hi Koprajs

Can you please do a version for 8.0.1 for Nand installation please but without creating the label i mean just like you created 7.95 its so simple to use

Just a request if you could please do so as would use on Nand but the last time i tried using creating ext3 format it was just giving error so went back to 7.95

If you could do for 8.0.1 just the tar and zip file that would be great ( without having to use ext3 format ) that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not going to create another version. It would cause even more confusion and it would take a lot of time as I would have to make all following versions twice.

Please read the above guide carefully. Is it really so hard to follow? You don't need to create the ext3 manually anymore, just use the provided image of empty storage.

I have the same problem when updating to this build using tar from my LE 8.0.1.

EDIT: Does anyone actually got this to work? My box now seems to be dead after trying to flash the zip from recovery. Cannot enter the recovery using toothpick anymore. Any suggestions? The device is G-Box Midnight MX2. Now I only get blue light and no signal on HDMI.

The question remains the same: Does anyone got this build to work?

Even after fixing the bootloader I can't get this build to boot. The kernel seems to be corrupted (or not compatible with the device) so the device boots into the recovery instead.

My build (thread-4858.html) boots fine so the bootloader is recovered successfully.