Posts by tecc

So, I've installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.2.img on my Raspi 3 which runs Kodi 17.6 which is the same version I'm running on my cheapo Android Marshmallow box. However, when I try to connect to my NAS via SMB with my Raspi, I'm always asked to reenter the password and I cannot access the share. When I connect from Marshmallow to the same share however, it works fine (as well as when connecting fom my Windows 8.1 box). Setting my NAS to local master browser makes no diffence. I can't find any difference between the settings used

Code
    <source>
             <name>MyNetN900C</name>
             <path pathversion="1">smb://10.10.10.5/</path>
             <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>

and since I've set Libreelec to use SMB1 to SMB3, I wonder what's causing this:

while working just fine here:

I've modified the sources.xml on my Raspi to this

Code
    <source>
                <name>MyNetN900C</name>
                <path pathversion="1">smb://tecc:[email protected]/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>

but even adding the actual share to the path (10.10.10.5./Public/) doesn't make a difference either.

Any suggestions? Thx!

I'm confused. Now that I've resigned to using the 4 TB drive for backup only and go with the 2 TB drive, I've suddenly had this click sound when I attached the 2 TB to my girlfriend's Odroid. On day 1 the drive would not even spin up properly nor get mounted so I disconnected it to stop potential damage to it. The next day, I came over with my Odroid's power supply, which is the same make and model with an output of 5V/3000mA. Before switching the power supply, I gave it another shot and this time the drive was recognized and mounted immediately. However, when a a 2 hour movie was finished, the drive clicked again when Kodi jumped back to the file list. Since it was getting late, I hate no time to SSH in for logs.

However, per your suggestions I'd already done a chkdsk on the drive and copied over the logs from my Odroid that currently only has problems with the 4 TB and not the 2 TB drive. Still, maybe you guys can make something of it:

Using username "root". [email protected]'s password: ####################### - Pastebin.com

And here's the logs from Kodi booting with the drive attached:

00:03:41.095 T:547873222096 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special:// - Pastebin.com

The Odroid does power the 2TB drive without any issues, just not the 4 TB drive. I haven't connected both drives at the same time, so I guess the power of the Odroid's USB drive could be sufficient.

EDIT:
    I've just realized the drive does not work on my PC's USB2 front port anymore, but only on my USB3 rear port which is an extra card plugged into one of the mainboard's PCI-EX sockets. Maybe the drive is soon about to fail and so not being recognized by the Odroid might be related to this. I'm not sure I can read these SMART settings, though:

Is there a limit to what can be accessed? The drive is recognized by my desktop PC, a Macbook air and a Fritzbox Internet Router but when I connect it to my Odroid C2 which runs the current version of Libreelec, the drive starts spinning but it never pops up or gets mounted. My 2 TB Seagate drive OTOH is recognized immediately. Any suggestions? Thx!

I was wondering if there's any chance that this (older) hardware, also known as Vidon.Me AV200, will ever be supported by LibreElec?

Specs:
    AllWinner A31 Cortex Quad-Core A7 @ 1GHz
    GPU: Octa-Core PowerVR SGX554
    RAM: 2GB DDR3

Thx.