Posts by r4w

sharpey: as the airmouse is working, I didn't test many, but up and down buttons certainly works. The home key too. I didn't have much time to test yesterday but I can do today. If any of you have a configuration where all the buttons should do something (again, my back button doesn't do anything), I can give it a try.
    Kshi, that's odd. What logs would you like to check? Happy to help to solve the mystery.

All, does the keyboard work for you? It works for me.

Fancy spilling the beans as to how you did? [emoji12]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

TBH, I didn't do anything special. I have bought it and looking for the configuration I have seen this thread... and told my self: what I have done?
    Then, I have just set up the power button and attached the USB dongle and it worked out of the box for me.
    I didn't test every button, but the back doesn't do anything for me. Home button is working fine, for example.
    If you need any logs, happy to help in exchange of a good conf ahah :D

Is anyone else experiencing issue with shutdown/suspend in Beta5 (from SD)?
    I have a s905x and whenever I use the power off option, the box just restarts (I'm not using the remote control to do this yet).
    If I use the suspend option (which is the default for me in Kodi for the remote too), I cannot wake up the device with remote or mouse/keyboard but I have to power cycle it (I'm aware that suspend may not work), but I think this was working in Beta3/Beta4a, but I need Beta5 due to bluetooth not working in Beta4a.
    Am I missing something? Happy to provide any logs.

Tim_Taylor: If the interfaces your box don't support more than 100 Mbit, the only option is what mmpp suggested. Or a USB Wireless AC adapter.
    I'm fortunate to have Wireless AC in my box, however the box can handle only up to 120 Mbit bitrate streams, so even only 100 Mbit should be adequate.

You should be able to run birds 90 mbit file.

There is a Kodi patch that aims to improve libnfs performance a bit, I will include in a next build. Let's hope it will get performance a little bit closer to native mounts.

I'm really looking forward to test it, however I'm having a bad performance with SMB too (I didn't try SMB from shell yet).
    On the other hand, DLNA (UPNP) seems to work well (I use minidlna as server on the same Linux box).

From USB, I can confirm that Jelly fish 140 Mbit is hitting the hard limit of my box, it can't play it.
    My box is fine with Jelly fish 120 Mbit (both HD 264 or UHD 265) and I can run the file from network via NFS (mount from OS only) or UPNP.

I have also tried NFS over UDP, but no major changes in performance.

Just for reference, I'm using this string for the mount (UDP):

mount -o rw,relatime,vers=3,namlen=255,hard,proto=udp,port=2049,timeo=70,retrans=3 192.168.xx.xx:/home/download /storage/mnt

TCP:

mount -o rw,relatime,vers=3,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,port=2049,timeo=70,retrans=3 192.168.xx.xx:/home/download /storage/mnt

But in my case, "mount 192.168.xx.xx:/home/download /storage/mnt" defaults to the TCP options above, so I don't need to pass them on.

Tim_Taylor, have you tried to run iperf first between the two hosts (it works on Windows too) to see how much theoretical bandwidth you may get between the devices?
    Also, it really depends on how your network is designed (I have all Gigabit equipment and my "NAS" is a virtual machine running Linux).
    Regarding mounting NFS from the NAS, maybe you can check with the vendor or Google it for the appropriate string to mount it over linux.
    I didn't test from USB today yet, but I don't expect to see major differences.

ssarava9  jd17: If you can try to mount NFS as I did and report to me your results, it would be interesting to understand what's your max video bitrate that your box can sustain.

I can play without problems these files (I'm testing more my wireless at this point as I have more bandwidth):

bird90.m2ts
    bird90.
    jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv
    jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv
    Camp (Nature) 4K HDR Demo (Sony)h.265 (HEVC)3.840 x 2.160 75.8 Mbit/s 59.9410 bit HDR 2:07
    https://mega.nz/#!0VMWhRoD!6hR2-lRoYKqO1Dpf7ylHNna6z1MIuNO4ByySxUIp-E4

Maybe my wireless was better yesterday or I was too tired but I believe I have run this too:

jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv

I can't see heavily buffering today but it seems that the GPU can't cope with it instead. Yesterday I was running Beta4a and today I'm on Beta5, maybe is there a difference?
    I will try tomorrow from a USB key to see how much it can handle, but so far I'm more than happy as 120 Mbit will cover videos for a while (at least for me).

PS: sorry for the no-beautiful links ;)

I have spent some time testing SMB/NFS with my very cheap s905x (2gb / 16 gb) and I have 100M LAN with a Wireless AC (sync at 433 Mbit, Iperf proved it at around 230 Mbit using TCP and one stream).
    Based on that, just last night, I have tried files that should run flawlessly < 80 mbit over both networks and I couldn't get a decent result.
    I was about to return the box in favour of a S905 with gigabit interface, when I realized where the bottleneck is.
    I focused on NFS as I have a Linux machine as my NAS, but I believe the same can be applied to SMB.
    So, if I use the Kodi browser to list my videos over NFS, so therefore I'm assuming I'm using its "libnfs" (I think I have seen this name somewhere), I got very disappointing results (even a 75 Mbit is breaking and caching).
    However, if I mount NFS from OS, I can play files up to 140 Mbit over Wireless (jellyfish test with audio hdr 10) and almost up to 90 Mbit over LAN.
    A simple test, from shell (ssh):

mkdir /storage/mnt
    mount [ipaddress NFS server]:[full share name like /home/nfs/share] /storage/mnt

You then browse for videos as it's a local directory (/storage/mnt) and play from there

You can add later on what works for you in this script: Autostart.sh - OpenELEC

I would like to say that I didn't apply any changes to the way Kodi caches yet, so I believe there is root to improve the results.

Feel free to PM if you want more details.

kszaq: I have run systemctl status brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service in beta4a:

● brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service - Broadcom sdio firmware update
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2015-01-01 00:00:26 UTC; 2 years 1 months ago
    Main PID: 2857 (hciattach)
    CGroup: /system.slice/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service
    └─2857 /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

Jan 01 00:00:26 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Broadcom sdio firmware update.
    Jan 01 00:00:26 LibreELEC hciattach[2857]: Patch not found for BCM4335A0, continue anyway

A quick search in the forum showed that you're going to add this in the next build for the non beta version. Are you planning the same for the beta?

Thank you!

/usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

I have got this:

LibreELEC:~ # /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000
    bcm43xx_init
    Initialization timed out.

I can give you remote access if you're interested, otherwise I should be able to return the box easily :) I don't want to consume too much of your time. Thanks again!

Hello,

First of all, great work! I'm using Beta 3 on a cheap NPET S905X Smart TV Box : Amazon.co.uk: Welcome and everything is working fine, including truehd/dts-hd passthrough.

However, while I can see and use bluetooth in Android, I'm finding "Bluetooth is disabled" here and I cannot see a way to enable it. If I go into LibreElec settings, I cannot see Bluetooth either.
    Does it mean that my bluetooth chipset is not supported?
    What information would you need to have a look into it (dmesg, lsusb or ? )?
    I do remember that lsusb didn't provide any interesting output, three devices which are the USB hubs and my keyboard/mouse dongle.
    Dmesg showed the bluetooth modules software components and I didn't see the related hardware but I'm new to Amlogic hardware, so maybe I missed something.

Thank you in advance!