Posts by The Coolest

Sadly this is what I get on my display with 'K', downgraded to 'J' and all is fine. I first get the normal LibreELEC logo, and this appears when it tries to start Kodi.
    I still have access to the box through SSH.
    Made sure to also put the gxl_p212_2g.dtb file in the update folder.

Box: Sunvell T95M
    TV: Vizio M60-D1
    Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could do to get it to work? I have a bunch of TV channel all "jerky" and I was hoping to use "K" to fix this problem.

Demetris
    I've noticed this on the older build I had, but the problem remains on the new build as well.
    I have a M8S+, 2G/8GB, and after it starts one core is always at 100% load. This makes the box slower than it can be and also heats up the CPU quite a bit.
    The process that causes this is 'brcm_patch+', I assume that it's a patch for wifi.
    Is it possible to fix this or add a watchdog for this process to be killed off automatically? I can kill it from the terminal and everything works fine until the next reboot.

While idle:

While watching a Live IPTV stream after I kill the process:

Might be a silly question, but please bear with me.
    I had LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 by alex on my MS8+ for quite some time. A few days ago it showed a popup that an update was available.
    Today I restarted the box and it automatically installed LE 8.0.1. Is it this build or something else? I was under the impression that Alex is no longer making new builds for the S812 boxes.
    I'm just wondering how did this automatic update happen?

This is great.
    I just received the USB 1gbps Ethernet adapter, as the built in 100M on S905X boxes just doesn't cut it for high bitrate 4K and HDR content.
    It doesn't work in Android, but LE picked it up without a hitch. Getting good enough speeds for 4K and HDR content (about 120-130mbps from NFS shares), and so there's no more buffering.
    In case anyone is wondering, this is the adapter I bought. I'm not sure if the other 'kind' of ebay cheapies will do the job or not.
    USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit RJ45 Ethernet LAN Wired Network Card Adapter | eBay

Thank you for the extensive information you provided. 4K and HDR are a low priority issues for me because there are still other things to solve and I don't have equipment to test. I have a few ideas for these but you really need to wait. Or PR fixes, which would be very welcome. :)

I wish I could help, but linux and amlogic hardware isn't my forte, unfortunately.
    I took a look at the code and I really doubt I could provide fixes, at least for the issues I listed above, I wouldn't even know where to start.

kszaq
    After about a week of testing there seems to be a few issues with my Sunvell T95M S905X box. It's connected to a Vizio M60-D1 display using the latest 3.0.12.2 firmware. And I have used the included dtb file.
    I'm not sure if it's simply a S905X limitation, something is wrong with my particular box or something that can possibly be corrected\patched\worked-around in LibreELEC.
    I understand that 4K is still experimental, I hope this info can help track down issues. I would also like to help in testing solutions, if you're interested.

1) When HDMI output is set to 4K@60Hz, 4K@30FPS and 4K@60FPS H.264 clips create weird artifacts where some frames seem to be shifted to the side. This includes both the video and Kodi OSD. I was able to recreate it with any 4K@30/60FPS H.264 clip.
    It doesn't happen if output is set to 4K@30Hz or anything below 4K from what I could see.

2) 4K@60FPS videos in any codec don't play well, there's a lot of frame drops and buffering going on. It buffers even in really low bitrate stuff, like Buck Bunny. (but this issue is not limited to LE, I had the same problem on Android, so maybe it's a S905X issue?). I tried it with H.264, HEVC and VP9 videos, HDR and SDR, all behave in the same way.
    The thing I found odd is that 4K@50FPS videos play perfectly fine, and of course 24, 25, 30FPS play fine as well.

3) This issue happens on Android as well, and could be a display/box compatibility issue, but I'll get it out there. When I play an HDR10 video, the display switches into HDR mode, but when the video ends or I stop it, it doesn't switch back out. This only happens when the refresh rate is NOT changed (when I play 30FPS or 60FPS videos). If I play a 24P video with auto refresh matching enabled, when the display switches back to 60Hz once the video stops, the display goes back to non-HDR mode.

4) VP9 Profile 2 (from the Kodi wiki Sample page) and HLG videos do not trigger HDR mode.

Other than that everything else has been perfect so far, thanks a lot for your hard work!

The TV won't expose a 120Hz option, but you can add one manually.
    disp_cap_hack.zip
    I tried it and it works, I used it to see what my display would do when fed 50Hz signal, as it seems to block refresh rates not in the EDID with the latest firmware :(

Copy your whole list to a new disp_cap file per instructions and add 1080p120hz in the list.

I tried adding it to the disp_cap file, but it doesn't show, so probably not available. Was just a though. O well.

Adding it where?
    Connect to your box with putty and run the following command, you'll get an output like mmpp posted.

Code
    cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

You have to do that when the TV is on.

I have a Sunvell T95M, which has a front display that can show time and some other info about the device.
    It works on the stock Android that comes on the box, but not with LE. I have LE installed on an SD card, so the stock Android is still there.
    Does anyone know what it would take to get it working with LE as well? I assume there's some sort of driver on Android which makes it work, maybe it can be ported to LE?

You might have tried to find 30 seconds of your time to read the Changelog and known issues which would answer the KNOWN issues you asked about.
    It would have taken you less time than writing all the observations you just wrote.

Yes, you're right and it's my bad.
    But except the known issue of dark menus until first video playback, the general statement that HDR is still buggy, which is understandable, I thought that maybe my results could help.

I am using this on my Mini M8S (s905 version) 2GB and I keep having some problems.

1.- The device takes a few tries to boot, sometimes it hangs on the "google tv" screen.
    2.- Once Libreelec is running it randomly hangs for no apparent reason, I have no add-ons installed, just a fresh install
    3.- The SSH and Samba servers die out of the blue as well, and I get disconnected, but kodi keeps working the the keyboard, they will work again after I reboot the device :(
    4.- When I choose "reboot" device always hangs.

I am using the NAND install, but those same thing happened with the SD install as well :(

I am using the dtb that came with the download as it was the only one that would let me use WiFi., do I need to try another dtb?

See this post:

@all I have uploaded a new version with a few changes to test. This build is not tested by me (I switched to Krypton testing), please experienced users only! In case anything goes wrong, you can always downgrade by simply putting a previous version in Update folder and rebooting.

Changelog over 7.0.3.012a:

• fixed Bluetooth using hciattach (e.g. Realtek 8723BS)
    • new QCA9377 WiFi driver
    • new QCA9377 Bluetooth driver
    • added an udev rule in hope to fix non-working WiFi on boot (you no longer have to toggle it in settings)

LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012b.img.gz

Version with temperature sensor disabled will follow if this build is confirmed to work well.