Posts by Nofan Tasi

Mini MX-G (2GB RAM / 16GB SD)
    107L1 firmware 20160420 p200_2G

Maybe? Already said i dont know much, so dont ask me whats the meaning of those numbers lol
    This is at a time when i see memory 77% in Kodi, so its just about to freeze, still responsive though - so for anyhting those might worth, here it is:

A leak is when a process holds memory it should have given back. In practice all top might reveal is memory usage for the process constantly increasing. Of course the process might claim to have a good reason for holding the memory. But typically when done with some job, one gives back resources it needed. Another possible leak happens when a pointer to some memory is reassigned before memory given back. Then memory becomes garbage. Not sure if LE linux has easy ways to detect garbage.

seems 7.0.2.004 made my MiniMX-G 2/16 p200_2G internal bluetooth work ... coincidence ? anyway : thanks & enjoy holiday

the swap partition working good but new problems began.
    Each type at shutdown menu: shutdown, Restart, boot to Android, cause the device to stuck.

perhaps symmetrically try

Code
    swapoff -a

in /storage/.config/shutdown.sh
    [hr]

About TVheahend. The predifined mux for my area had a few mistakes. It works now without errors.
    I should say: other clients can watch/listen TV/Radio but the LE frontend pvr.hts itself cannot watch/listen the LE tvheadend backend on same machine. But ... such was the case for me for all Kodi tvheadend/pvr.hts pairs on same machine. It's certainly not LE specific.

i moved machine to other room and now LE can receive its own dvb-t tvheadend backend with pvr.hts frontend.
    So all I can think of is that dvb-t signal quality may have mattered. Good news is: it works!
    (I have bluetooth working as well now, albeit not the internal one bit an external USB one)

tried to set this with putty:
    echo "SWAP_ENABLED=yes" > /storage/.config/swap.conf
    And it does not work.
    with alex build it work just fine.

kszaq please help me

In short : it is standard UNIX practice.
    Myself I made a swap partition on external sdcard (it became /dev/mmcblk0p3)
    Usually I take swap space 2x size of RAM.
    Then, specific to ELEC, one would add to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    # swap
    [ -e /dev/mmcblk0p3 ] && swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3

About MiniMX-G 2GB/16GB bluetooth

I compared dmesg, lsmod and modinfo for both OE and LE and I cannot spot much difference.

- dmesg
    OE dmesg includes
    BT_RADIO going: off
    BCM_BT: going OFF
    BT_RADIO going: on
    BCM_BT: going ON
    which LE dmesg does not.

- lsmod
    OE loads hci_uart automatically and has in use #(1)
    LE does not load hci_uart automatically and when modprobing it has use #(0)

- modinfo
    modinfo are equal for involved modules (6lowpan_iphc bluetooth bnep hci_uart)

- also
    LibreELEC:~ # hciconfig hci0 up
    Can't get device info: No such device

Hope this may help explain why 'no bluetooth adapter found' LE settings.
    Let me know what other info I can provide.

disable/enable the bluetooth in settings a few times. Took a few tries then it came alive. To think all this time it was 1 parameter the loader did not like.

kszaq uses a media backport package rather than the in kernel (really old kernel) media drivers so they won't show in the linux.conf. Check the /lib/modules/3.14.29 directories.

+PKG_SITE="https://backports.wiki.kernel.org"
    +PKG_URL="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/backports/stable/v4.4.2/backports-$PKG_VERSION.tar.xz"

Interesting! Thanks.
    Just curious: where are these PKG_ values specified in build system?

Going to try harder for bluetooth, for now no luck.

About TVheahend. The predifined mux for my area had a few mistakes. It works now without errors.
    I should say: other clients can watch/listen TV/Radio but the LE frontend pvr.hts itself cannot watch/listen the LE tvheadend backend on same machine. But ... such was the case for me for all Kodi tvheadend/pvr.hts pairs on same machine. It's certainly not LE specific.

Hi all

I got 7.0.2.003 to work from external SD. Not sure what (if anything)
    I did wrong yesterday with 7.0.2.002. Fact is, it works today. I did
    pass once via recovery but accidentally booted system without tootpick.
    But next manual tootpick boot worked.

I have a 2GB-RAM/16GB-InternSD MiniMX-G.

Congratulations with generic s905 LE !

few things to mention:

- LE bluetooth settings says it does not find adapter
    - pvr.hts and pvr.mythtv frontend clients work
    (to different HTPC backend on the LAN)
    - tvheadend42 finds DVB-T adapter and TV/Radio Channels, but:
    there are many checksum and continuity errors so no pvr.hts client (including oneself) can receive.
    - 'kszaq LE 7.0.2.003 S905/linux/linux.aarch64.conf' and 'alex OE
    6.95.3.2 Amlogic/devices/MiniMX/linux/linux.aarch64.conf' differ a lot
    (OE seems to have more drivers).

Keep up the good work!

I've been using alex's openelec and twiddif's LE8 - both with the same aml_autoscript.
    I found Kszaq's LE wouldn't boot with that (and gave the 'can't access tty error) but all 3 will boot with the aml_autoscript in the first post here (after re- toothpicking).

@troggy
    Thanks so much for help. Which exact aml_autoscript are you referring to?
    you mean the one inside LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.img or the one from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002.zip (perhaps they are equal) or yet another one? I may be blind but do not separate see aml_autoscript download in 'the first post here' :)
    [hr]

for @nofantasy problem try to boot to alex's oe then ssh to the box then cast the command reboot recovery, the box will goto recovery menu then retoothpick again with kszaq's le , mine successfully using that method

2ami
    Thanks so much for help. Are you eventually running kszaq's LE from external SD?
    If I boot recovery that way (when booted into alex's OE from external SD and "reboot recovery"), should I take out SD and insert kszaq's LE one while still in recovery to next retoothpick? Sounds a bit scary but if it works, OK ...

(note: I have Mini-MX-G 2GB/16GB RAM/Internal-SD)

Thanks, overnight build succeeded using following recipe:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.002 7.0.2.002 # create branch for this tag 7.0.2.002
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    (optional: (for my DVB-T stick))
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

I'll test results soon (perhaps later this evening).

I tested both my and your (kszaq) image (dd-ed to SDcard):
    both end up with "SH: can't access tty job" and, more explicitely also "failure to mount (or find?) /dev/mmcblk0p2"
    (not sure about that 2nd message, did not write it down).
    I toothpicked both again to no avail.
    In any case: when I boot (alex or mine 6.95.3.2) OE from external SD then /dev/mmcblk0p2 is second (storage) partition on external SD, so I guess something relates to dtb.img.
    Note that I have up to date stock Android on internal SD (/dev/mmcblk1p when booted into OE from externel SD).
    I tried by replacing kszaq's by alex's aml_autoscript and adding alex's dtb.img on first (vfat) partition, but that gave same console messages. If I then applied toothpick method, some "unknown filesystem" message appeared. Perhaps I should try only adding alex's dtb.img (there was no kszaq dtb.img on first (vfat) partition) and leaving kszaq's aml_autoscript as is. Perhaps I should connect USB keyboard and type some Linux commands (e.g. to see what /dev looks like).
    But before trying some things further, I'd like to ask: does the above ring a bell to someone? Because I am somewhat but not toroughly familiar with the uboot details.
    All bove experiments have not affected correct Android (intern) and OE (extern) functionality (great!).
    For all clarity, I have a dedicate separate SD card to experiment with LE, reinserted OE one and everything fine.
    I am sure soon this all just a minor issue to be addressed. But then, which one ?

Nofan Tasi:
    1. When you build LibreELEC, everything is included, kernel as well.
    2. Use PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make amlpkg to build SD card and NAND image that you can flash according to instructions in the first post. No option is needed to build specifically for NAND or SD card, resulting files are universal.

Thanks, overnight build succeeded using following recipe:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.002 7.0.2.002 # create branch for this tag 7.0.2.002
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    (optional: (for my DVB-T stick))
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

I'll test results soon (perhaps later this evening).