Posts by Shoog

OK thanks for that. Downloaded the file and unzipped it straight to my VIM2 via SMB. Recognized after a boot.

Found that I couldn't get the Webgrab+Plus addon to install (due to the missing os.libreelec.tv) so i went straight to the Webgrab+ website and downloaded the zip file. Unpacked it and ran it and it seems to be working. Need to setup the nhecessary ini files - but to tired to set into that tonight. hoped I would be able to paste across from my old LE7 box, but it seems that the setup files are not compatible. I remember its quite picky about the setup so will do that tomorrow with a clear head.

Thanks

Shoog

Trying to install Webgrab+Plus. Loading Mono first - but doesn't complete the install as it is waiting for "os.libreelec" to be installed first. Downloads Mono fully but then hangs on 1% download of dependencies. This lingering missing os.libreelec bug has some nasty knock on's.

Anyone got any ideas how to work around this ?

Shoog

Hello. Guys can anyone with wetek play2 device check one button (this big star called Favourites above TXT button). I do not know why but I can't map only this button in keymap editor app . I see scancode for this button, is added into my rc keymap file but still does not work and I do not know why.

Best regards

Have the same issue on my VIM2 remote. Seems to especially effect the FAV button but I am also seeing it with the SAT and RADIO/TV button. Scancodes are generated but Kodi fails to recognize them.

It seems to be a generic problem with IR_KEYTABLES because my old PC based system also fails to map the FAV button.

Shoog

Even though this is going to be a real hassle to setup, I am glad that you are bringing IR support in line with mainline support. It would be great if all inconsistencies were eliminated from Libreelec and all these special cases for Android boxes disappeared. At least there are plenty of logical Kodi guides on how to setup IR-Keytables.

Shoog

Hi everyone. I'm sorta new to the Libreelec scene, but fairly familiar with Linux in general. I've gotten a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD usb tuner, plugged it into my RPi2, installed the 1.1.1 image from this thread...and I think I've got it mostly working. I was able to configure the tuner (showed up as 4 possible devices?)

My problem now is that after a few minutes of uptime, the entire RPi locks up/dies. HDMI goes black/invalid output, SSH is gone, network is gone (can't ping it).

I'm wondering if this is because the tuner is drawing too much power? Is that a possibliity? Should I look at a powered HUB or a better PS for my RPi? Is there anything else I can do to help debug? (like enable logging that will persist cross the crash/reboot?)

Thanks for any help...Sorry if it isn't appropriate here. I can move to its own thread if needed.

Sounds very much like a power issue. I find my Pi2 does much the same when its asked to do demanding work. I had to remove overclocking to get reasonably consistent performance.

Shoog

hello

my remote control for amlogic s912 mecool km8p does not work either, I copied the file remote.conf of the official firmware in /storage/.conf but does not work someone has a solution please

The format of the Android remote config file is substantially different from the Libreelec format. Copying across simply will not work. You have to create one from scratch or find one that someone else has created.

Shoog

This is a big thread and this has probably already been discussed.

I have a m8s box (labelled M8S) with S812 and BCM wifi. It was a real nightmare to get Libreelec onto this box initially as most of the versions available for it soft bricked the box. It took a bootloader transplant to get the 7.0.2 version that is currently loaded onto it to work.

I just experimented to see if I could get one of these new versions to load but have come up a blank so far. The box has TWRP loaded onto it so using the toothpick method boots into TWRP rather than the USB/SD card. Loading the upgrade zip file into the .upgrade folder has no effect and attempting to use TWRP to flash the upgrade zip fails.

This box is pre-dtb and so needs a working uboot bootloader. Is there a way to get these builds to upgrade on my box ?

Shoog

I just discovered that I made a mistake regarding the SPIDF issue. I had my amp set to the analogue output from the TV and not my SPIDF driven DAC. I can now correct myself and say that the SPIDF stays alive when the TV is off.

I apologise for the confusion and request that these comments be deleted as misleading.

Shoog

I'm afraid there is no developer who would be able to get through AML audio driver mess and/or rewrite the driver.

You can turn off HDMI audio by echo audio_off > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

Thanks.

What will be the consequences of switching off HDMI audio - will the SPIDF remain active and decoupled from TV behaviour ?

Shoog

Edit: Having just tried this, it seems that SPIDF dies with a diasbled HDMI.

Edit: I just discovered that I was listening to the analogue output from my TV through my amp rather than the SPIDF off the box, I can now confirm that SPIDF in fact stays alive when the TV is off. Sorry for the confusion.

Can I just put in a request that SPIDF support gets its own ALSA card option rather than been slaved to HDMI. A consequence of having it the way it is at the moment is that SPIDF dies when the TV is turned off.

Been hanging for about a year at this stage, would be great to have this working properly.

Shoog

I have every confidence that afl1 will resolve the SAT card issue within days of getting the board (however long it takes to ship is another matter).

However I can't see this SPIDF issue ever getting resolved since its a classic corner case. Since the SAT will only work on the latest builds a roll back is out of the question. I am stuffed !

Read this thread for a detailed explanation of whats going on:
    passthrough output device grayed out

Shoog

I remember kszaq talking of a use case when I was trying to submit a pull request to LE where by a user may want to play audio with no hdmi connected and use Kore to control Kodi, I assume you are trying to do something similar here. The spdif stays active with chinese S905 boxes when no HDMI is connected so the same should happen here.

It seems that this is a combination of compounded problems traceable back to dubious decisions made by the Kodi team to disable passthrough in certain situations due to sync issues. This effected the driver within Libreelec which dropped support for a seperate SPIDF feed. I checked that this wasn't just an issue with the Libreelec settings by running aplay -L which has the same ALSA cards as Libreelec shows. The driver fudge seems to be that SPIDF was simply slaved to the HDMI output and responds to the same handshaking signals as the TV, and no SPIDF card exists.

It seems that its a common problem to all the s912 boxes.

Its not an Amlogic hardware issue.

This is an ALSA driver issue so it could be solved with a re-write of the sound drivers, but since this has been hanging for a while now its unlikely to get solved any time soon.

So my use case is that we use my box for Radio listening and it offends me that I have to have the TV on to do so (burning 200W+ of power to drive a visualization). Its not a deal breaker but is very annoying. Rolling back to Jarvis would probably solve it, but then the prospect of getting the sat support working recedes into never never land.

So I am thinking, would an audio signal splitter resolve the issue. I cannot get from the specs whether the splitter boxes take over handshake duties or whether the TV is still master when it comes to telling the Kodi box whether there is a TV present.

Shoog

sounds like a bootloader issue, maybe try turning off hdmi-cec

Tried messing about with the CEC settings and disabling CEC but nothing helped.

I think its a HDMI handshaking issue coupled to Amlogic taking shortcuts with the drivers. They basically piggybacked the SPIDF output onto the HDMI output and haven't offered it as a seperate ALSA card.

Shoog