Posts by awiouy

The Librespot addon is intended to play via Kodi.

However, revision 119 of the addon will bring back an ALSA backend to librespot.

It will then be possible to start librespot for ALSA with a separate custom system.d service, ie skip steps 2 to 8 of @muellersjan's hack.

This custom service will be able co-exist with the addon and to pick-up updates of librespot shipped with the addon.

Custom services will of course be discussed in this forum but not in this thread.

Woa!

It would certainly have been easier to wrap a system.d service around the binary you compiled.

I would prefer such hacks being discussed elsewhere than in this thread. After all, my idea of the addon is to play Spotify as simply as possible on a simple device.

Nevertheless, from revision 119 on, the addon will ship librespot with an alsa backend to support alternative uses, eg as a separate user defined system.d service.

It is complicated to write an addon that supports both playing through alsa and playing through kodi, so decided to support only playing through kodi.

The librespot binary is built with the LibreELEC toolchain and packaged in the addon that you download.

It could be that the addon cache (/storage/.kodi/addons/packages) contains a corrupt version of the addon.

You could try to remove it with rm /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/service.librespot* and then try to reinstall the addon.

Hi awioy, another ROCK64 user here (Rockchip rk3328) - I tried running the addon and I think I am still facing the issue that tattermunge was facing last year.

I would greatly appreciate it if you had the time to take a look at what is happening there!

For reference, my output from 'journalctl -u service.librespot':

Rockchip is hardly supported.

Can anyone try to build the addon for this platform?

Code
    Kodi (18.2-RC1 Git:c67eb3a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

It's the Milhouse build that is identical with LibreELEC 18.2

The error keeps repeating until systemd stops restarting it.

Milhouse releases are beta.

Try to run Librespot run on a stable reelase.

How stable is your network connection?

Is it wired or wireless?

If it is wireless, then try to switch to wired.

Please provide version of LibreELEC and version Librespot.

Hi there!

Librespot stopped working for me since 3 or 4 days ago. The system is not visible as a playback device in Spotify anymore. Neither on my smartphone, nor laptop, and even after several re-activations of the add-on as well as restarts of the whole system. I updated a few plug-ins, but didn't change anything else before that or since then. Maybe something on Spotify's side changed?

Thanks a lot for all the great work you put into this add-on! :)

Please describe your setup: version of LibreELEC and Librespot. The output of 'journalctl -u service.librespot' could also be useful.

Before, I used this:

Now, I use this:

I hope this helps you further

The configuration files are in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam.

You can also access them via SMB at /userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam.

Configuration depends on your card reader and your service provider.

Best would therefore be to get help from someone in a context similar to yours.

Google will probably guide you to a configuration that fits your needs.

Librespot for LibreELEC should be advertised as 'Kodi (LibreELEC)' or 'Kodi (the_name_you_gave_to_your_libreelec_system)'