Posts by mwake

I then used a GPart live boot disk to delete these partitions and recreate 2 empty ext4 partitions the size of my Libreelec installation at the beginning an empty drive (that way the Libreelec would remain in dev/sda1 and dev/sda2 like my existing Libreelec). Then I installed Windows 10 in the remaining space.

Hi again, I finally have time to tackle this tomorrow :)

I have a question. I am using a brand new drive (still in the amazon packaging) and wondering if it is the exact same process.

With a new drive use Gparted to create two empty ext4 partitions at the beginning of the drive AND manually create an NTFS partition at the end of the drive for Win 10?

Or

With a new drive use Gparted to create two empty ext4 partitions at the beginning of the drive, install Windows 10 and leave Win 10 to automatically create the NTFS partitions during OS installation.

Thankyou!

Hi mwake. You are starting with a blank drive on your new computer. It's easiest to use the GPart live boot disc to create the 2 empty ext4 partitions. Linux/LibreElec will refer to these partitions as dev/sda1 and dev/sda2. Now insert your Windows 10 disk and install Windows 10 on the the remaining part of the empty disk. If you are using a Windows 10 USB make sure it is formatted as MBR and not the new GPT style (Rufus is a good program for doing this). Once Windows 10 installation is completed, download and install Mini Partition Wizard and EasyBCD. Connect the drive holding your functional Libreelec installation. Open Mini Partition Wizard and delete the ext4 partition placeholders on Windows 10 drive. Now copy(clone) the two ext4 partitions from your Libreelec drive to the empty space you just created. Now you have a functional Libreelec on your new drive. Now use EasyBCD to create a second boot option (use the Linux/Syslinux option) to point to the Libreelec. The next time the computer boots you will see an option to boot to Windows 10 or Libreelec (you can set one or the other as default)

Ah this is awesome thankyou for taking the time to write this out again for me I really appreciate it.

PS: The internet can be such a great place to receive help from kind strangers, I wish there was a system whereby we could tip people for patient kind and clear replies like this..I'm a real noob at this I would never have figured that on my own... hopefully next time I report back it will be to say I got it working thanks again 👍

You need to create two empty ext4 partitions at the beginning of the disk as placeholders for the Libreelec. then install Windows in the remaining part of the disk. Windows will then install in the remaining disk space as two partitions. The ext4 partitions must be empty. If there is a Linux OS in the ext4 partition then Windows will not install. Windows 10 installation needs to control booting.

Thankyou for your solution but I have a question as I'm not very tech-savvy...

...and then can you put a clean installation of Librelec into the ext4 partition after windows is installed ? Or does this only work if you are copying an already working copying of Librelec as I saw on your other post?

I have the latest stable Libreelec for Intel NUC and I have connected a external drive to the USB. Now it shows up and works perfectly inside Librelec but it doesn't show up in windows unlike the other shared libreelec folders files that DO show up in windows

I have auto share external drives setting enabled but still no luck.

I wonder if this has got something again to do with the samba config files? I say this becasue I had a similar problem getting the .kodi and root folders to show in windows until i added some lines into the samba config files in libreelec. So is there a line of instructions that also have to be added to the samba config to get the external usb drive to show or this this issue due to something else? Appreciate any replies on this.

Update: I found an answer, adding lines to the sambaconfig file worked

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…s-from-openelec

This build is bigger and needs a bigger partition I believe, but you can do a system and kodi backup from libreelec and them just move the the backup from the back up folder to another computer. Do a fresh install and move the backup back into the backup folder and do a restore. Works for me. Not sure if there is an easier way.

Thankyou for your quick reply! If that's the definite answer then thats a lot of work for me lol. I haven't found a way to easily save my PVR settings (took all day to organise iptv channels). I'm a bit busy at the moment so if there isnt an easy way to just upgrade and keep settings Ill wait till vacation so I can do a fresh install as you suggested. Regardless thanks again for reply and thank you to the developer for this work :)

I have some question is anyone can help me

First Question / Issue

So I used to have Libre Elec 8.02 Generic stable version for Intel NUC and upgraded to 8.1.2. stable. In the previous version for some strange reason the crash logs were getting placed in a (seemingly random) Temp folder. Now in 8.1.2 they seem to be placed in logfiles folder but when I open the crash logs I cant find any information relating to the crashes that are happening, only the previous days crashes. So is for sure that the crash logs get stored in the LOGFILES folder?

Second Question / Issue

Now maybe crash logs aren't being created becasue I have to get up and force shutdown the NUC, but it is frustrating becasue my box is freezing/hanging and the only way I can get it out of the hang/freeze is to force shutdown the NUC. How can I find out about crashes/hangs if I have to force quit? Would enabling debugging in Kodi settings give more info and if so where do the Kodi debugging logs get stored is it also in the LOGFILES folder?

Third Question / Issue

I upgraded to 8.1.2 and now I cant access the hidden folders via windows 10. Before I just updated the samba.conf file but it doesnt seem to work, I still cant see the hidden folders via windows 10. Is there something else I have to do now to get those hidden folders to show via Windows 10 on the newer Libreelelc 8.1.2 update?

Thankyou!

System: Intel NUC Brasswell with latest Stable version of Librelec

Hello, I have been using Kodi with no problems until about 6 weeks ago when it started crashing and hanging. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. The main feature is that it hangs and the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. I then have to force shutdown the NUC.

I know its a tall ask but copied a crash log to a Pastebin site I would appreciate if any one with know how could have a quick look to see why it would be hanging and crashing. Many thanks

https://zerobin.net/?7e798b334f44c6bd#p9...5dQibN6Fc=

I am using Stalker Client on libreelec Intel nuc and I have painstakingly reordered the channels to how I like it. However I am looking for a way to save the underlying configuration file.

First of all is this possible?

And if so where would I find the file for the PVR channel list?

Thanks for any help.

You are connected to amp via HDMI so you don't need transcode to AC3. HDMI can send multi-channel LPCM.

In any case you only have two speakers, so the entire issue is irrelevant.

Please read again: The main purpose of transcode to AC3 is for when you want to send multiple discrete channels to an amp, but are using spdif (optical/coax) connection.

You are doing neither so you simply have no need for this option.

Thanks all for info! Appreciated!

I have Samsung TV connected and Intel NUC with Libreelec both connected to Yamaha AVR amp both are connected via HDMI. Yamaha amp has two physical speaker connected 2.0 configuration.

Transcode option does work even with hdmi. I just tried a AAC 5.1 source which was converted to ac3 with transcode option on. But as I did earlier probably doesn't makes sense for me as u want to hear sound in best possible way. I got caught up in wanting my amp to light up with the Dolby digital lights but, if transcoding introduces another lossy compression stage then I'll stick with the AAC.

Yes. Turn on transcode unless you enjoy Pro Logic or Stereo.

Thanks for reply, well after doing some more research I've settled for NOT turning on the transcode option. I'm a wanna be an audiophile and someone mentioned that usually most AAC sound sources have already been converted from the original DD or DTS, to then havr to transcode it back again to DD means even more loss of qualify at the end of the chain.

So even though my amp won't light up and say Dobly digital is maybe better to leave it as AAC, that's my understanding anyways, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong [emoji4]

You should describe your setup (connections, signal chain etc) in detail and post your FULL Kodi audio settings.

The Kodi audio settings are not particularly intuitive and most likely you simply have a wrong setting.

AAC passthrough is not supported any more so with AAC soundtracks Kodi must decode first, then you have a choice between output the PCM or convert to AC3.

Ok think u have everything set up right but not sure about the transcode option. When would it be an advantage to use this with respect to AAC? I have a modern AV Amp that can handle all the usual formats. Would putting the transcode option on mean that AAC tracks would get converted to AC3?

Ok after much tinkering I think I've solved it. I carefully went through all the settings enabling and disabling one at a time...when I got to the "don't cache in local database" setting under Live TV setting...and toggled it and then did clear data...my kodi stopped looping and I could watch tv and the guide loaded up perfectly. When I toggled it again and did clear data kodi crashed again immediately and started bootlooping upon restarting live TV... So something is happening with that don't cache in local database setting when it's toggled and then clear database setting is enabled... Don't know of that's a general big or just my setup.... So hope that helps anyone who has issues with kodi crash looping when live tv starts...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk