Posts by extremeaudio

Hi,

I get errors when I do systemctl start transmission.service

Please help.

Error and service files as follows:

The contents of my service file are as below:

No, you have to select the local option. Even though you are connecting remotely, portainer is running on the same machine docker service is running on, so it needs to connect to the local service.

Once you do that, all containers and images should show up.

Just a word of caution, don't use portainer to manage linuxserver addon installed containers, because the addons have their built in start, stop mechanisms through systemd and stopping and starting them through portainer will cause issues.

You should use portainer to only manage containers you create through portainer itself.

Duly noted, thanks.

One last thing. When the docker starts, if I go to my System Info window, the IP address of the LE box shows as 172.17.0.1

If I issue docker stop and stop all containers, the IP address is restored to the correct one. And upon restart of docker reverts back to 172.17.0.1. Any way to fix this? When I was manually running docker I think I was able to solve this by appending "--net=host" to the docker start command.

Thank you for your awesome help!

Some guidance with portainer please! So I installed it, enter the web UI from my windows PC, create a password, log in. After that in the connection page I have to enter remote connection, right? But here if I enter the IP address of my machine running LE/ portainer docker what happens if the IP address changes after reboots? And after connecting it took me to a dashboard where my running plex container was not listed. Everything was 0. Anything needed to be configured under networks etc? If there is some guide, please do point to it.

I think I just found a bug. If you don't have the timezone set in the settings, the script hits an error early and never does anything. Can you check in your settings to see whether the timezone is set or not? It is under interface settings/regional

Thanks

Kodi timezone settings? Yes, timezone is set.

I am on LE 7.0.2 generic

I removed the previous images installed using command line and started fresh with the linuxserver repo to avoid any conflicts hence the docker command gives empty response.

NEVER MIND: It worked just as I was typing out this post. Maybe I wasn't waiting long enough and the image was still downloading. Since there is no indication I must have believed its already installed. Thanks!

P.S. Any Logitech Media Server container as easy to install as the above? This is cool!

I thought in your first post you said docker containers were working, you just weren't deleting old containers. What exactly is the problem?

I'm trying to get the linuxserver docker addons working but though I can see them as installed and enabled, I can't access the web interface of any of the installed dockers. The output of the commands as suggested by you are at this post

thread-4062-post-30130.html#pid30130

Nope, tried. It doesn't work from autostart. But the same command issued from command line works. That means the syntax of the command or the formatting in autostart.sh is somehow wrong. Maybe it needs to be preceded by an "exec" or maybe some delay. I have no idea. If you do please advise.

Hmm. In command line can you try the following commands and check their output?

docker ps -a

docker images

systemctl status docker.linuxserver.portainer

The first 2 results were

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

and

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE

and the last one gave the following output (couldn't grab everything). In My Addons > Services I can see both plex and portainer as enabled.

The file created is "autostart.sh" not ".conf".
    Doing the commands below should create that file automatically.

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

echo "xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

I don't see "1280x720@50p" in the output you posted, can you copy the output of "xrandr".

Apologies, I meant autostart.sh. Wrote .conf by mistake.

xrandr output as below:

To get rid of useless containers:

1. Before you run the container, delete existing containers with the "docker rm ..." command.

2. When you run the container, use the "docker run --rm ..." command, to delete the container when it is stopped.

These commands are documented on the Docker web site.

In my experience, solution 2 will not delete the running container if Docker exits abnormally. Solution 1 takes care of that case.

I am testing with docker run --rm appended to the command for now

To see whats going on I have also switched on all notifications for the docker add on.

I can endlessly see notifications on the screen that go:

docker name: abc | action: create
    docker name: def | action: destroy
    docker name: ghi | action: create
    docker name: abc | action: destroy
    docker name: jkl | action: create
    docker name: ghi | action: destroy

So it keeps creating and destroying these images.

As of now it doesnt seem to be hogging too much space.

Issuing docker ps -a also shows that at any point of time there arent more than 2 or 3 images in the list unlike the hundreds earlier.

Prima facie, even the storage space occupied doesn't seem to be on the upswing.

Does everything seem normal?

issuing the command

xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00

does the job

but adding the lines to autostart.conf doesnt do it at startup.

Reading further, I created a xorg.conf file with the contents as below:

This changes the resolution to 1920x1080@50Hz

But if I change the mode line to some other supported resolution as seen in the output of xandr, like 1280x720@50p or even 1920x1080@30p it is not working. Only worked for 1920x1080@60p and 50p (didnt test many other than the examples cited here)

The first 2 results were

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

and

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE

and the last one gave the following output (couldn't grab everything). In My Addons > Services I can see both plex and portainer as enabled.

You can also install docker addons from the linuxserver repo (plex is there). You can find the repo under libreelec addons / repositories.

One you install, just modify the addon settings and that's it.

There is also a docker gui manager in that repo called portainer. It lets you manage the containers and images through a web interface

EDIT: by the way, the issue with your current method of starting plex is that it's creating a new container every time you start it, but it doesn't delete any of the old containers. So you end up with a ton of duplicates taking lots of space. You can use portainer to delete all of those and start fresh. The plex addon in the linuxserver repo manages all of that for you automatically

Sounds very interesting. However I stumbled at the first step itself. I wish docker instructions were easier :(

From command line, I issue:

docker create \
    --name=plex \
    --net=host \
    -e VERSION=latest \
    -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 \
    -e TZ=Asia/Kolkata \
    -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/.apps/plex:/config \
    -v /var/media/Data:/data \
    linuxserver/plex

However I cannot open <my-ip-address>:32400/manage or <my-ip-address>:32400/web

Secondly, portainer uses port 9000 which my Logitech media server also does. How do I change one of the two? I deploy portainer by using
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 portainer/portainer

If I change the port to 9001 or something, it doesnt work.

I am having trouble with an av receiver and I do not get any display at all unless I reboot several times. I want to lock down the video resolution to 1080p@50Hz

I am not sure about the exact change to be made in the xorg.conf file. I have edited as below but am not able to get it to work. Please help. I am using an Intel board.