Posts by gshodg

You might also try a different HDMI port on your TV.

Did you try different USB ports?

I've tried the adaptor into different HDMI ports on the TV. I've tried the adaptor in different USB slots on the HTPC. I've tried different HDMI cables. The TV seems to be detecting that's it's there, but the remote control isn't controlling Kodi, and still in Kodi System>Settings>Input Devices the option "Peripherals" is greyed out.

Any ideas why this adaptor is not working?

Hi,

I just installed the Pulse Eight CEC Adaptor, and got a message on Kodi something like "new CEC Apaptor found", but in Kodi System>Settings>Input Devices the option "Peripherals" is greyed out.

I've checked the settings on the TV, and pretty sure the CEC settings are turned on OK, and a Chromecast device also connected to TV takes over using HDMI no problem.

So with the TV set up OK, the message that the adaptor found sounding like my HTPC found the new hardware OK, but not able to access the settings within Kodi I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or is a driver missing or something?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The help text for the menu option LibreELEC>System>Backup>Create System and Kodi Backup says "...Backup files will be stored in /storage/backups" (with an s on the end), but when I SSH into the Pi3 the folder is "backup" (without an 's' on the end).

Is the helptext incorrect?

I have my main set up on a Chromebox running LibreELEC7.0.1. On this machine I mount my network drives from an autostart.sh file, with the following syntax

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    (sleep 30;
    mount -t nfs 192.168.0.7:/nfs/Public/KodiRecordings /storage/recordings -o nolock;
    mount -t nfs 192.168.0.7:/nfs/Public/KodiBackups /storage/backups -o nolock;
    mount -t nfs 192.168.0.7:/nfs/Public/KodiPicons /storage/picons -o nolock;
    )&

the above works fine on the Chromebox.

I've just set up a new Pi3 with vanilla LibreELEC7.0.1. Now I want to:

1. Map my network drive, so I can save PVR recordings and LibreELEC backups to the network drive.
    2. Copy over the LibreELEC settings from the Chromebox to the Pi3. However the Chromebox is running the tvheadend system, and I only want the Pi3 to run the tvheadend client, and not copy over all the other tvheadend server stuff.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried copying the above autostart.sh file over (with changing the backups folder to another folder on the NAS), and copied a recent .tar backup from the Chromebox into the backup folder from the Pi3 and then rebooted the Pi3. It didn't import the settings. I then tried using the LibereELEC restore function, but again it didn't import the settings.

Any idea how to proceed?

BTW: The helptext on the LibreELEC>System>Backup>Create System and Kodi Backup says "...Backup files will be stored in /storage/backups" but when I SSH into the Pi3 the folder is "backup" - without an 's' on the end not "backups". Is the helptext incorrect?

No joy yet. I have unplugged dongle, turned Bluetooth off in LE settings, rebooted, turned Bluetooth on in LE settings and clicked the 'connect' button on back of keyboard to put the keyboard in discovery mode...but now I don't even see the keyboard at all in the Bluetooth pairing options (but do see a different bluetooth device I have appear in the list, so that confirms that Bluetooth is indeed on on the Chromebox).

Any ideas, why this keyboard doesn't connect without the dongle? Or what log should I post if that would help diagnose?

The Bluetooth keyboard I'm trying to connect is made by Asus, and came shipped (along with a bluetooth mouse & the dongle) with the Chromebox. I the model number 90MS0000-P00010, and it looks like this:

I have an Asus Chromebox-M031U, and often use a bluetooth keyboard that's connected via a USB dongle like this:

But as the Chromebox has Bluetooth 4.0 built in, I'm wondering do I need the dongle - or can I free up a USB slot?

I went into LibreELEC Settings>Services>Bluetooth>Enable bluetooth, then...

LibreELEC Settings>Bluetooth> and put the keyboard in discovery mode. LibreELEC found it, and I selected "Trust and Connect" which worked and it showed as connected. BUT if I remove the dongle the keyboard isn't connected.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Chromebox's built in bluetooth not meant to connect to a keyboard in this way?

It's exciting to see the activity and flow of information from LibreELEC, after feeling 'in the dark' for so long about what's happening, and when with OpenELEC.

I see you've updated the logo (I like the new one), and thought I'd point out the this forum logo has yet to be updated. Cheers!