Posts by vitalogy

When I run the following command on a clean build (make clean, rm -r build.LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel), I get this error:

Code
    $ PROJECT=imx6 ARCH=arm scripts/create_addon lcdd

When I run the command again, I get the following:

Code
    $ PROJECT=imx6 ARCH=arm scripts/create_addon lcdd

So fakeroot is missing. Should virtual/initramfs depend on fakeroot, or which package depends on fakeroot?

Regards
    MichaeL

If someone is interested to test it for RPi2/3:
    RPi2 LibreELEC image
    RPi2 Addon KoDisplay

The LibreELEC image includes additional the fbtft kernel drivers and the addon the neccessary libs (pygame, SDL, SDL_ttf, SDL_image).
    In the addon settings select fbcon and the framebuffer device for the display, typically it should be /dev/fb1.
    Reboot if nothing is shown on your display.

You can define your own layouts for the modes. You find the file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.kodisplay/layout.xml.

Hi,

i want to bring the addon script.kodisplay to libreelec. You can find the code on github.
    With kodisplay you can display stuff from kodi (datetime, played artist, play time, ... ) on a framebuffer device, like a tiny tft lcd 2,4".
    The layout for a specific screen (navigation, music, video, pvr, ... ) can be defined in the file TFT.xml and can be personalized.

To get this addon to work there must be some dependencies get solved.
    1. Enable fbtft in kernel for the tiny cheap tft's commit on gtihub
    2. bring pygame, libsdl (SDL), sdl_ttf and sdl_image to libreelec commit on github
    SDL2 is not possible, because the support for framebuffer was dropped.

The first one is very easy (but i don't know, if i should enable all the fbtft modules).
    For the second i want to get a response from a libreelec-dev if i should do this way.
    I can make an extra addon with the pygame and sdl stuff or bundle them within script.kodisplay to make a exclusiv addon for libreelec.
    A bootscreen with ply-image could also be possible, but ply-image and a systemd service must be included.

In the fork from escalade there are also the packages for SDL present. So if the packages in libreelec gets accepted (in whatever way) then escalade has a problem with packages with the same name. I want do this right ... :rolleyes:

Any response is welcome.

vitalogy did you try the version in the repo? It should be built with usb support.

yes, from LibreELEC repo.
    the link-warning is from serdisplib ... could this be the error, when running lcdd.

my LCDd.conf:

[hr]

LibreELEC with lcdproc as addon

libserdisp.so.1 => not found

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ldd .kodi/addons/service.lcdd/lib/libserdisp.so.1
    ldd: $warning: you do not have execution permission for `.kodi/addons/service.lcdd/lib/libserdisp.so.1'
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb6f0a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb6dd5000)
        /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xb6f59000)

OpenELEC with lcdproc in system

Hi,

using here an Alphacool USB-LCD connected to an Hummingboard-i2ex:
    For a few years i had written the package.mk for serdisplib for OpeneELEC ... and using here still an OpeneELEC image on my Hummingboard. :P
    But in the near future i want to switch to LibreELEC, so i give it a try:

I see the following error message when starting /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.lcdd/bin/lcdd.start

Code
    Could not open USB:060C/04EB: libusb-based connections are disabled (library has been built without libusb-support)
    Driver [glcd] init failed, return code -1
    Could not load driver glcd
    There is no output driver
    Critical error while initializing, abort.

so i build lcdd/serdisplib by my own and got this from building serdisplib:

warning: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libusb.so while searching for usb

... it tries to link to my host-libs?
    Do we need some LDFLAGS?