Posts by gujal

If you guys are interested i have released new images with updated wifi driver and bluetooth.
    If you are brave enough please test and report if issues are gone now.
    Link:
    not found | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

Tested the S82 build on MX-III 2GB
    Both wifi and bluetooth are not working on this build. So I am back to the 29Mar build where wifi works.
    Thanks for all the time you are putting on this build
    [hr]

Hello Gujal,
    Can you share with us what you did with the remote control problem after the new release of Demetris and than for the MX III? I have no idee where I can find the remote config.
    Where do I create the new folder nocompat? Is that in the update folder or do I create a new folder? Problem now is that everyting is working fine. So the line for me is don't fix it if it aint broken.
    tnx

".nocompat" is a file, not a folder. It should be in the same folder as the tar file
    The remote.conf is to be taken from your box when it was running Android. You need a root explorer app for this to access the "/etc" directory where you will see this file. You need to copy it from there to an USB drive
    Once LE is up, This file needs to be copied in to the Configfiles share

S8X2 build is still not perfect, so for now I am sticking to the S802 build. The only issue I have with that build is getting bluetooth to work. Otherwise, it is a good and stable build thanks to Demetris.

Latest version is not compatible with Tronsmart MXIII. After installing I got the messages SX82 not compatible with S802.

It is compatible, looks like you are trying to upgrade from a previously installed Libreelec version. Demetris advised a clean start from Android without any LE version already running.
    PS: If you want to upgrade from existing LE, You can always do it by putting a empty file named '.nocompat' along with the tar file in the upgrade directory and it will work. I got it working on my MX-III that way but Bluetooth is not working

Start fresh with android I have merged s802 with s812 and now they are called S8X2

Sent from the Island of Venus

Hi Demetris

I put back the Android OS on my MX-III 2GB and is back to factory defaults and working normally.

Then I downloaded
    LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82.img.gz and used Etcher to put the image on 8GB microSD

SD content after preparation:
    Volume Label : LIBREELEC
    Files:
    aml_autoscript
    kernel
    kernel.img.md5
    system
    system.md5
    .LOST.DIR (folder)

Boot from SD is working but it stops as soon as it puts the LibreElec splash screen and shows:

cp: can´t stat ´/flash/SYSTEM´: No such file or directory
    *** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can´t access tty: job control turned off
    #_

What am I doing wrong. Please advise.

I also tried burning the image using Etcher onto a USB drive and boot. The device has 2 regular USB ports and one Micro USB port. I tried the USB drive on all three ports, go into recovery and reboot, but never boots into LE and always ends up on Android

My box is MXIII S802 Amlogic 2GB RAM/8GB Storage Mali 450.

Demetris

I am using the S82 build on my MXIII 2GB.
    The 8.0.1a build was usable with remote after copying over the remote.conf file. The Bluetooth adapter was not working.
    Now with the final 8.0.1 S82 build, the remote does not work even after copying the remote.conf file and the Bluetooth is still not working.

As mentioned before, both Bluetooth and remote were working flawlessly without any additional work to be done on your 7.0.3 S82 build.
    Can you please advise what needs to be done to get the two going again.

I have an MXIII-2G and I recently upgraded to LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.RC4.zip through an sdcard. It appears to be frozen on the "KODI" start-up screen. I'm new to this and need help if anyone has experienced this same issue.

Yes, this happened to me too when I went from 7.0.3 to 8.0.1a. Seems to be a generic problem of upgrading from Jarvis to Krypton as it happened to me in windows too when I went from 16.1 to 17.1RC
    This can be fixed if you had enabled ssh
    1. SSH to the MXIII (use putty, securecrt, or whatever you fancy)
    2. run the command without the quotes "mv .kodi .kodi16" (there is a . before kodi and kodi16)

As soon as you run the command you should see Kodi startup correctly and go to the main Estuary welcome screen. If not run a "reboot" command in the ssh window.

You will have to reinstall your addons

Tell me your chip please :)

Sent from the Island of Venus

This is from the working 7.0.2, so I presume it is Broadcomm Bluetooth

And here is the one from your build, where it fails

And I also think you should include the remote.conf linked earlier as it is specific to Beelink S82 which is the model you are building for.

Thanks for all your help

LE-8.0.1 release is out enjoy!

Fantastic, Thanks a lot Demetris for your work towards keeping Amlogic S802 still relevant

I had been using 7.0.2 S82 build from Drieschel on a MX-III 2GB and everything was working fine including wifi, Bluetooth and IR Remote

I updated the MX-III with LibreELEC-S802.arm-8.0.1a-S82 from your release and have run into issues
    Everything but two devices seem to be working fine
    The things not working are
    1. Bluetooth
    2. IR Remote
    As both input devices are not working, I can't use the device without plugging in a USB mouse/keyboard.

Here is the dmesg output from 7.0.2 which shows the BT recognized correctly, don't know where IR is recognized but it sure works nicely.
    zmK92jW8

And here is the dmesg output from your 8.0.1 build
    bFwQptpq

Can you please take a look and advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks

lrusak

Here is the output as per your specification above. As you mentioned, the last file is empty. Thanks for your time.