Posts by bubblegum57

Thanks, I have set in Android the new IP, but in LibreELEC it
    is still the old one although rebooting. Or do I have to do the
    toothpick thing again? How to find those LibreELEC settings,
    you spoke of?

Yes, for the folder I set the usual thing: movies and scraping
    with the moviedb or universal scraper. Both should do the
    work, but it does not work. TV series worked good.

In confluence skin. system, in the submenu libreelec

How can I get into recovery? I can't see anything (black screen).

The TV is FullHD and cannot show lower resolutions like the TV box is set to (either Android or Libreelec).

Hi, I bet you are getting a bit peed off by now.

My last idea would be to ask a member on this forum with the exact box, to create the image on an SD card, plug it into their box just to check it shows up, & then post it to you.

I guess that is not resolution problem, IMHO this is somehow signal strength problem. Maybe your box in original software boosts current while LE keeps it at standard level - which is not enogh for this device becouse output circuit is faulty/non standard.

Have you tried analog output if you have such?

The kodi forums suggested someone delete the guisettings.xml & reboot How do I change XBMC's default resolution from outside the program? doesn't seem the best idea. I couldn't see anything in my guisettings that would change the screen resolution.

you could try the one I sent, but backup your first.

With the folders you see, it looks like it is a monitor/resolution issue. I tried to find the xml file in my setup to change the resolution, but could not see anything. I don't know if being able to ssh will be any help.

Do you know someone with a 720 tv, you could try to get the initial settings set up?

Then I don't know what the problem is. Long shot, insert microsd card into an adaptor, the fit adaptor in usb card reader, the try booting you laptop or pc, obviously changing pc boot order. Not sure if this should work, but if it does, then it proves the image is created correctly.
    [hr]

That is absolutely unnessary. The image replaces everything on the SD card. Partitions, partition table, filesystems, all gets overwritten by the image.
    So formating the SD card is pointless.

Gerald

I agree, it was just an idea.

Alright, I used a ballpoint mine and found the clicking.

Still no screen. I put power off, inserted microSD with
    the adapter, clicked the reset and hold it, turned power
    back on, still holded the pencil and waited over a minute
    for the screen with the logo to appear, but nothing ... :\

The card I have treated with Rufus and I dragged/dropped
    the newest img.gz into it (Rufus). The formatting went
    well, I guess.

I would try another microsd card. Possible idea, wipe the card completely, then format to FAT32? before using rufus, thinking about it, rufus gives you the option to format the sd card before writing the image.
    [hr]

bubblegum57 - I am familiar with using paperclip to get to bootloader. I am coming from a stock android nand and when I used the img.gz file (yes I extracted it) and reboot to recovery I just get the recovery screen. If I use the toothpick (paperclip) method - I still just endup at the recovery screen.

I prefer to not write over the android nand if possible - but it seems that this box (geniatech ATV1950) wants to load the file from the recovery screen. - unless I'm missing something.

Sorry, if I sounded a bit condescending.

You say you extracted the img.gz, I don't think you extract that, you need to extract the image, if you download a zip file.. But I might be wrong

I would like to install with boot from sd - but if I use reboot to recovery or toothpick methods, I end up at the Android system recovery screen. Am I missing a step or will I have to use the nand method? If I use nand - does that mean it will write over android?

from the first page

"toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button."

toothpick = paperclip
    [hr]

I have only that LG TV (Full HD), a Full HD Beamer (Epson) and
    my computer monitor, but they all show a black screen.

I do not have a less than Full HD device. Man, that is crazy.

Re: toothpick, try using a paperclip, with the unit off, just put in a toothpick, you should hear/feel a click.

now you know how far to insert it, try with the unit switched on

I had this problem & used a different tv with 720p.

Have I understood what you said? "but if i remove the sd at the second restar return to andorid...why??wrote nothing?" you don't remove the sd card. The idea is the image is on the sd card & you boot that, if you remove the sd card, it will just reboot to android.

Just try creating the image using rufus,

Thanks
    Ive messaged the seller but tbh not holding my breath,if i was to install LE without stock image..do i unzip from zip download and place files on sd card..what would be the best way to move forward without stock image? sorry for the rookie questions..but gont quite understand how to get correct files on sd and the subsequent process to install Tia
    D.

You could try searching Freaktab, site seems to be down at the moment.

Why don't you try what I suggested, use rufus to create libreelec image on sd card, then reboot from the recovery? The image will be on the sdcard, shouldn't affect the device itself.

LibreELEC

Not sure, but you should be able to see udisk or card, can't remember, then browse to image. If you can't see it, change the zip to img.

But I THINK this will install it to the internal memory.

I have a beelink s905, all I did was use rufus to create image on sd card, then using the toothpick method, it booted straight to Libreelec from the sd card.

Again not sure about this, but create the image on the sd card, then once in android recovery, go reboot, it should reboot to Libreelec. if you remove the card, it should then reboot to android.