Posts by bubblegum57

I am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi

Well I turned the box off, pulled out the USB dongle for the wireless keyboard thinking that could have been an issue.

When I restarted the box there were about 30 FAILED messages came up and the box seemed to hang getting no further than the LibreElec screen. Never even got to Kodi.

Seems I am fated not to succeed in this. My Nexbox is the B7N 2/16 version btw.

Have you got the correct device tree?

Thanks for that. When I select the option for download there are two files. Which is the correct one?

I have had a go of this before and written the USB stick. However in the boot folder it has the dtb file as still zipped up. Is this normal?
    This is what it says is on the stick? Is this normal and correct? See the attachment for an image of the folder.

Maybe all I need to do now is replace it with the correct device tree yes?

get the img.gz one,

I think the fact your dtb & kernel appear zipped, is because your system doesn't know the file type

so just overwrite with the downloaded device tree, renamed to img.dtb

I am thoroughly confused by all this... I have a Nexbox a95x...

Where do I get the original img file from - is it the gxl one or is it the one in the download section - 2008 fix or something?

Please help I can't even get started.

When I get the img file what on earth do I do with the "device tree"?

from LibreELEC near the top of the page, it says download. I use rufus to burn this image to a microsd card.

I would then download the correct device tree (not sure for your device) device_trees

With the newly created sd card, in a windows pc you will see a partition called boot. With one of the downloaded device trees, rename it to dtb.img & copy/overwrite the one on the sd card.

Then insert the sd card into the device, while holding in the recovery switch on your box, (I don't know where that is) plug the power lead back in, after a few seconds it should boot to Libreelec

Thanks for the advice.
    Is Kodi built into LibreElec?
    Or do I then have to find a copy and install it?

Also will my mini wireless keyboard still work with it?

Kodi = LibreELEC = Openelec = SPMC (for android)= Kodibuntu (Linux)

With librelec on a microsd sd card, it will go straight to kodi where you can add movies & addons
    [hr]

Juddery video might be your network connection, wifi will struggle to play HD movies

Where are you getting the movies from? Streaming from dodgy addons, could be the sources just have slow network connections.

You need to read the full instructions, but basically, download the correct img.gz file for you device. to a pc. There is a tool, sd creator which you can use.
    I use rufus Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way where it says iso, select dd, then burn the img.gz file to the sd card.

Remove the power cable, insert sd card into device, hold in reset button. there will be a tiny hole on the device, use a paperclip, while holding in, plug the power lead in, wait a few seconds, then you should see the LibreELEC logo.

The next time you boot, it will automatically boot to libreelec, if you remove the sd card, it will boot to android.

Hey guys i am running a  Beelink Mini MX Amlogic S905 Quad-core 2G+16G box and I have tried the latest dev build/008/007 builds and for whatever reason i can not get the back button to work? Any suggestions? I am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb device tree file if it is the correct on for my box? Also when i downgrade from dev/008 to 007 build do i need to us the 007 build device tree file?

Thanks in advance!

I'm running the same box, version 8, I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi I now think the wifi is a lot better.

I thought the back button was working in the newest build, but if not there is a fix. I can't find it at the moment. Someone added something to the keyboard.

Hi guys, could do with some advice please. Tried the new dev build but I then got bad muffled sound. tried a few different HDMI leads but no improvement. So put android firmware back on for a fresh install and then went to do the LE SD card but I keep getting an error in top left hand corner saying 'can't access tty job turned off'.....how do I fix this please?

'can't access tty job turned off' means, which I suppose is obvious, it won't boot. I think you need a fresh image.

hi mate
    loaded files on to sd via rufus , stuck in box holdin reset in
    but I just got boot normal robot screen 9 from sd etc checked contents not showing files (attached)
    which are in pic... :(

Seems like you need to get the correct device tree. If you installed version 7, then try another device tree from here device_trees

If, version 8, device_trees

I don't know what device tree is correct for your device. Try them one at a time. download the device tree, rename it to dtb.img then copy, (overwrite) to the boot folder on the sd card. If that doesn't work, then try another & another, if that doesn't work, then I have no idea.

I see from your picture, you are not showing the file extension, you need to show it on your pc. I do not know how to do that on your pc, you will need to google.

hi all
    sorry but noob here my new t95 2 gig is android I am used to openelec and prefer that
    system ive read posts but way above my head..can some kind person point to where
    I can get file to put libre on the most easiest if poss or an email addy no doubt I will have problems
    many thx

Please Please Please, can someone help theraven. I have tried to explain how to install LibreELEC read my many posts

Perhaps it's me?? LibreELEC