Posts by Petes

Hello, can you help me? I have installed a hardware switch to my RPI to run the shutdown command, I am using gpiozero and it was all working perfectly until I installed the latest LEIA v8.95.1 beta, now if i try to run the command I get an error "ImportError: No module named pkg_resources".

Here Is the command with the error:

LibreELEC:~ # python /storage/shutdown-press-simple.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/shutdown-press-simple.py", line 5, in <module>

from gpiozero import Button

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib/gpiozero/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>

from .devices import (

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib/gpiozero/devices.py", line 19, in <module>

import pkg_resources

ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

And in case you need it, this is my script:

import sys

sys.path.append('/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib')

#!/usr/bin/env python3

from gpiozero import Button

import os

Button(21).wait_for_press()

os.system("shutdown now")

I tried audio_pwm_mode=2 and it didn't work, the "Resample Qualtiy" is medium but no matter what I set it to the problem is not solved.

Something that I noticed is that if I change the "Audio output device" from "analogue" to "hdmi" or "analogue and hdmi" while playing a channel the audio gets distorted, it's like a low pitch so everything has a grave sound. The only way I know to fix the pitch issue is to reboot libreelec.

Hello, I'm having this issue since I updated to the newest version 8.2.4 MR, the problem is that the audio has a crackling noise when I use tvheadend, I have the RPI 3 (not the new one), If I open the channel from the network with VLC I don't notice any crackling noise.

I copied an image of the previous version and there is no noise but when I update to the new version (8.2.4 MR) the noise is back so I'm sure it's a problem with the newest update of Libreelec.

I use the 3.5 jack with the analog "audio output device" setting.

I updated to the newest milhouse build, this file "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20180119210323-#0119-g07482bc.tar"

The problem continues, but now if I click the channel icon nothing visible happens and if I change to the channel while viewing other channel I get the same issue with the spinning orb that gets to 100% and then restarts at 1% and keeps loading forever.

Hello, I'm using Libreelec with TVHeadend 4.2 for my ISDB-T channels, all of them work just fine but there is one channel that never loads, or may I say it keeps loading forever with the spinning orb so maybe you can help me. The channel loads fine in my computer with VLC but when I try to load it from Kodi I have the issue.

Here is some info about the channel I found with VLC just in case you need it.

Stream 0

Type: Video

Original ID: 263

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)

Resolution: 720x482

Display resolution: 720x480

Frame rate: 29.970029

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1

Type: Audio

Original ID: 264

Codec: MPEG Audio layer 1/2 (mpga)

Channels: Stereo

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Bitrate: 192 kb/s

Here it's compared to a channel that works

Stream 0

Type: Video

Original ID: 4097

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)

Resolution: 1920x1090

Display resolution: 1920x1080

Frame rate: 29.970029

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1

Type: Audio

Original ID: 4099

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Channels: Stereo

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

AAC extension: SBR

I'm thinking it could be a problem with the resolution of the video or the audio but maybe you can tell me if I can fix it or if it's a bug.

Perfect It worked! Only one small correction, it should contain () instead of [ ] so this is how my code looks now:

Code
    import sys
    sys.path.append('/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib')

Hello, I've been trying to install gpiozero in Libreelec but I've had no success because everytime I run my script it gives me this error message: "ImportError: No module named gpiozero". I installed it from the "Raspberry Pi Tools" program repository but not even the commands work, I use LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.3 MR. I found the program files in this path ".kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools" so in theory it's installed? Just in case you need this info this is my Libreelec $PATH "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/bin".

Hi, I need some help, after having uninstalled Super Favorites the "standard context menu" seems to be gone (the one that pops after you long press an addon).

I'm thinking that when I uninstalled Super Favorites it also removed the menu (because SF has it's own menu and it overrides the standard menu). I can still do long presses, I believe the issue is with the menu. Is there any way to restore the menu?

Thank you.

raspberry pi 3 model b
    armv7 rev4 bcm2709
    libreelec 7.0.2
    Super Favorites 1.0.43
    [hr]
    Ok, I kinda found a workaround, what I did was to install Super Favorites again, then went to the configuration and disabled the global Super Favorites menu (on the Global Menu tab), after that you can uninstall Super Favorites again, and the standard context menu should be back.

Hello I'm having this issue with libreelec for a couple days now where opensubtitles suddenly stopped working, when I try to load subtitles theres an error prompt asking me to check the log. Can I fix it or do I need to reset libreelec? Any help is appreciated.

raspberry pi 3 model b

armv7 rev4 bcm2709

libreelec 7.0.2

03:10:04 76.489456 T:1706816416 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.opensubtitles/?action=search&languages=English%2cSpanish%2cSpanish%20(Argentina)%2cSpanish%20(Mexico)&preferredlanguage=Spanish%20(Mexico)
    03:10:05 76.862770 T:1395356576 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
    Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 42: ordinal not in range(128)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.py", line 26, in <module>
    shutil.rmtree(__temp__)
    File "/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-official/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 241, in rmtree
    File "/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-official/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2/Python-2.7.11/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 71, in join
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 42: ordinal not in range(128)
    -->End of Python script error report<--