Posts by balbes150

The steps are: download de test img en put it on a sd card with imges progam, and put the dtb file on the card (dtb.img)

With dtb file i get black screen em without also. No working i guss

I uploaded the new version of the test image TEST_DTB for direct work with a separate dtb. Try it. In the DTB section on the website updated files for the different models.

Thanks for the answer, my TV was not able to switch to the native resolution probably . I see listing text unreadable static logo or picture would look better. Nothing it is just detail
    For information
    I installed on my box MXIII-G 2/8 update 20170418 completely disappeared Wifi drivers on both versions (LAN1000,MXIII_Plus)

Try the version M8S . If that doesn't work, you can try a test version TEST_DTB with a separate dtb file (NOT use the version TESD_DTB for installation in memory).

Version 20170418. Changes in the structure of the dtb data in the images MXIII_Plus , LAN1000 , M8S

I test the test image on my m8s, but it not work also with the dtb file.
    Can someone help me?

I have a ott m8s

Describe in detail what steps You did and what the result of these steps.

If You mean that the screen with the strata run-line with the text of the boot - that's normal.

MXIII Plus on 4-14 having trouble pairing with Bluetooth remote. I don't recall this being an issue with 3-22 build however it looks like you deleted that build folder? :arrow: Any chance you still have that build saved so I can confirm? Thank you

Try the latest versions of the images (LAN1000 MXIII_Plus M8S). I have limited space, so I don't keep backups.

I have a MXIII 4k S802 2G/8G box with the ap6234 WiFi chipset my wifi is not working any idea if this is supported

Sorry, but I have no such equipment, so I won't be able to help You.

How can I do this?

Start LE, enable SSH in the settings to connect via SSH, execute the command "fw_printenv".

Are you saying your build will recover the dtb from the android box and use it? If that's the case, that's pure genius.

The principle is the same as in s905. Pay attention, it does download dtb from internal memory to external memory in the form of an independent file, and only the use of these dtb data (from internal memory) to run the LE and Armbian.

Does it means: One image to rule them all?

Yes, it is planned that-it was not a monolit system (which is not possible to change without rebuilding the entire image), and modular design, the user can combine yourself. Kernel + dtb + SYSTEM.

I uploaded the test image LibreELEC-S812.TEST_DTB.arm-8.0.2.img.gz and a set of test dtb files for separate use. This version of the image allows to use a separate c file dtb data. To use. After writing the image to media you can try running the system WITHOUT the dtb file. The script will try to dtb data from the internal memory and try to run them the system. If within 5 minutes of not going on the appearance of images on the screen, you need to add to the media one of the matching files, and rename it in the "dtb.img". You can try all the dtb files from the site, trying to get a working system.

Pay attention, this image is NOT INTENDED to be installed in the inside memory. If you try to run setup - you will receive a brick that need to be recovered.

In the near future I plan to upload additional versions of SYSTEM files with different content and settings WiFi network and BT. These files SYSTEM can be combined with different dtb files, is to try to pick up a working system (WiFi and BT).

Link to the test directory.

Yandex.Disk
    [hr]

What am I doing wrong?

I tried both ways on my m8s and get same thing.

Note that multi download version works on Android >5 on version 4.4 is not working.
    [hr]

When I remove SD card system boots normally form box RAM with old Kerber's Libreelec 7.0.2.001 (Kodi 16.1) which work perfect.

Show the output of fw_printenv after completed the multi-boot activation.

I just downloaded the latest build and I still can't get it to install.

What specific image are you trying ?

1) Would it be possible for you to post the latest install instructions in the first post?

When I can find time, I'll try to rewrite it under new conditions.

2) Could you also include a troubleshooting section that addresses such as manually activating multi-boot?

ok

3) Finally, what is the easiest way to get the dtb? Is it a single file I can pull off the restored box?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. (I use a computer translation).

Also for m8s?

These points do not depend on the model of the TV box, they are common to all images.

is there any way to produce LAN1000 image which could be booted as AlexELEC?
    I didn't succeed to boot any of your images, but AlexELEC work fine with SD card.

In the image AlexElec used the old scheme of a multi-boot that can run only the image AlexElec from the external media. To run all the system from removable media, you need to preactivate-boot on new version (using the script aml_autoscrip from the composition of my images LE or Armbian). Run all the images are universal. To start AlexElec will need to add to the media with its additional script s805_autocript (assembled specifically to support AlexElec).

The box use to show the start picture of the Finless Bob Rom for nearly 15 seconds while reading the usb stick. After that libreelec picture is shown with error.

I understand that LE starts, but gives an error that can not mount the desired partition ?

Gave it a shot but no luck on BCM4335. I had also tried the Alexelec build which was supposedly built for BCM4335, also didn't work.

Would it help if I got you DTB? If so how do I extract it from firmware?

Send me your dtb, I'll try to put the version from this file. But I can't guarantee it will help. To find the error to test on real hardware to see at what stage it fails. I don't have that model TV box, that is to perform validation and debugging.
    [hr]

hi, I have the same problem with M8c s812 1gb box. The box fails to install libreelec from card. It hangs or goes into a loop if reset button held to long.

1. No need to hold the button for a long time, this does not help run.
    2. If the screen is black for a long time, then activate the multi-boot is gone. So you can try as a USB flash drive. USB sticks are not so capricious as SD card when you run the system from external media.
    [hr]

I started from scratch did a factory reset then put files on SD card then removed aml_autoscript to prevent boot loop as instructed then tried both SD card and USB flash drive attached is the error message my device is T8 AML V3 S812 any ideas?

What version of Android firmware 4.4 or 5.1 ?

thank you for responding i kept the aml_autoscript in this time(i get you now keep in the file and if goes to boot loop after inital first time use remove) and recieced this error report device T8 AML V2 S812 best regards sir you and all the devs total respect, picture of error report attached.

Multiboot you have now been activated. Try to write the image to a USB flash drive and run from it (activate multiboot NO longer need, You already have it enabled).

Had a go, boots ok, Wireless doesnt even appear as an option to turn on in Librelec settings, bluetooth also doesnt work if turned on, and wired network fails to obtain an ip from dhcp (due to the different lan chipset obviously)

Yet I have no options. If You are familiar with Linux, you can run Armbian and there to run all the tests to find a working configuration. Then it can be transferred to the LE.

Will your build works with it?

You can check yourself. Start from external media may not change how the internal memory (firmware). If not appropriate, just shut off external media with this version of the LE and use the same system.
    [hr]

1. Reboot in NAND previously worked, I'll check.
    2. These regimes essentially depend on the firmware and settings of the kernel and dtb. You need to have the same model, is to find a solution.

Hey balbes50, thanks for all your hard work on this. Works perfect on MXIII-G 2/8GB. :D

Just wondering if you plan to release version with Kodi 17.1 Final as opposed to the RC

It is now possible to have a part of the image a set of different files for remotes from different models of TV boxes. Just choose that option and rename it on the media in the default name (remote.conf). If you want, what would Your version of the configuration file was part of the image to send it to me, I will add in the next version.
    [hr]

Used latest image in T8 AML V2 S812 re,oved aml script as instructed and used used toothpick method and encountered this any ideas?

Describe in detail the steps You are doing.
    [hr]

Loaded up on a new usb drive, no wifi, no bluetooth,

Try image labeling M8S. There are changes for WiFi and BT. Not the fact that will work, but there is a chance.