Posts by gdachs

Can you please tell me if Tronsmart Draco AW80 is supported (allwinner a80)?
    If yes, which version should I use?

If you click on the link that DaVu has posted, you can easily see that the Tronsmart is not supported. AFAIK there are no community builds for Allwinner at all. I am sure that your device will never get support. It is just too old to be interesting for a developer.

Gerald

Are there any plans to support the SOC Realtek RTD1295? I find it a great choice.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. AFAIK nobody provided this Realtek device to any of der LE developers. What makes you think that it is a great choice? Can't see big advantages over an Amlogic S905 and it is more expensive.

Gerald

Yes, the CEC line ands in nowhere. But the new board is showing CEC line connected to the CPU.
    This pin have to be handled like a gpio input.
    So I will need a thread polling the gpio for high/low. There is a cec_gpio implementation around:
    MK908-Kernel-NAND/drivers/video/rockchip/hdmi/softcec at master · tyeo098/MK908-Kernel-NAND · GitHub

But this have to be implemented in libCEC.
    And libCEC is right now designed for "ready-to-use" CEC interface chips with vid & pid.

Okay, so someone has to write an adapter for libcec that is using this softcec. Should be not that complicated then.

I have to correct myself. This driver is not usable for libcec, as it doesn't export a device. I can't see any interaction with userspace. So this driver would need some work too.

Gerald

edit2: no uninstall button on settings... can someone tell me how to manually uninstall? addon_data perhaps? i´ll check again after work! Thanks a lot for the help

Just look this line I have quoted before:

#4 0x6f7b57d8 in Start () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/visualization.wavforhue.so.1.0.0

So remove the komplett folder /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue and the addon is history.

Gerald

#0 __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:58 690
    #1 0x753ba400 in __GI_abort () at abort.c:89 691
    #2 0x6f7a72e8 in WavforHue::SaveState(std::string) () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/visualization.wavforhue.so.1.0.0 692
    #3 0x6f7b31d0 in WavforHue_Thread::GetPriorState() () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/visualization.wavforhue.so.1.0.0 693
    #4 0x6f7b57d8 in Start () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/visualization.wavforhue.so.1.0.0

The addon WavforHue kills kodi, whatever that might be.

Gerald

Where is in the firmware the pin for CEC defined?

It is not that easy as you might think. There is no CEC pin that can be accessed by the "firmware". CEC pins typically ends at a dedicated CEC chip that is in or near the CPU. There are many different kinds of CEC chips. For everyone you need a kernel driver. The userspace communicates with this kernel driver via an adapter in the LibCEC. Without any knowledge of the used CEC chip it is impossible to write a kernel driver.

The schematics you have linked, does only show that the CEC line goes to a level shifter, but the CEC output of this chip ends in the nowhere. So there is even no proof that CEC would work with this device.

Gerald
    [hr]
    Okay, I understand now that you want to root the CEC pin to a GPIO pin. AFAIK there is no kernel driver available that is able to do CEC communication directly with the CEC line. The only peace of software I know of, that is doing this, is a firmware for an atmega microcontroller. Maybe someone wants to try to port this to a kernel driver, but this will be extremely difficult. In contrast to the Atom CPU running distributions like LE, the atmega gets not disturbed by interrupts from other hardware. So it will be very difficult to keep the timing constraints of the CEC bus, if e.g. a userspace writes something to the disk, or the user types on the keyboard. To reserve just on core of the Atom for CEC communication seems not to be a good idea ;)

That is a task I surely will not do, but if somebody else steps in here and is doing a kernel driver, and someone provides me a free sample of this hardware, I will do the adapter for the libcec.

Gerald

Which of the following is the 'name of container'?

the names of the containers are in the NAMES column in your output, but the ids will work too, as you have noticed.

All other questions should go to the maintainer of this specific container.

The main advantage of docker in LE is that the LE team has not to maintain anymore LE specific addons. :)

Gerald
    [hr]
    I forgot to mention that your changes with apt-get inside the container will not survive a restart of the container. To have this changes persistent you have to build a new docker image by changing this dockerfile.

Support for docker you will find here.

Gerald

The installation guide uses apt get wget etc. How to adapt that for LE?

It has not to be adapted to LE. You don't want to install it into LE, but into the docker container. A quick view has shown me that the docker container is based on ubuntu. So open a bash inside the container and you can follow the installation guide.

Code
    docker exec -i -t <name of container> /bin/bash

should do the job.

Gerald