Posts by chunk1982

I've already read through that but it doesn't say how to add a WiFi driver, care to enlighten me a little more rather then just post to the wiki? As I put in the title I am a noob and I'm asking for detailed help on how to add a WiFi driver
    Many thanks and all the best
    Paul
    Edited: I also think I may have got the terminology wrong with reference to the SD card image, what I actually want is to be able to put the recovery.img, factory_update_param and the libreelec-xyz.zip on to an SD card then toothpick it to install to nand although this is not essential

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me with some detailed information or point me in the right direction to a tutorial.
    I own an old M8 variant which is actually a pretty decent box, its spec is
    Cortex A9 quad core @2gh
    2gb ram
    8gb storage
    Realtek RTL8188ETV WiFi
    I'm currently using the build provided by drieschel from here
    LibreELEC
    It works amazingly smooth and fast, i have a few little issues but the one I want to try sort first is the WiFi not working.
    This openelec build provided by ipodtouchdude here
    Openelec 5.95.3 Beta 2 ENY M8 2G (Square) With amcodec boblightd support - FreakTab.com
    Was the last "elec" that the WiFi worked.
    I've duel booted my laptop with win 7 and Linux mint last night, I followed your wiki up to the point it said to add the libreelec.TV repo and instead I cloned drieschel's and then I cloned ipodtouchdude's. Looking about between the 2 (not that I know what I'm looking at or for) I come across a drivers folder and found the RTL8188E folder, in the libreelec from drieschel the folder contained a single file possibly named something like package.MX (sorry I'm not at my laptop to check), in the openelec one by ipodtouchdude it had the same file but also an addition folder called patchs that contained a file. This I assume is why my WiFi works with his build.
    My question is how do I add that patch folder to the libreelec build and is that the only thing I would need to do to get WiFi working? then if I managed to some how do it how do I go about turning it into a bootable SD card image?
    Any and all help and info is greatly appreciated
    Paul

Hi all first off let me thank each and every person who has contributed to libreelec.
    I have an old s802 box which I love, its currently running
    LibreELEC
    Which is absolute sound apart from no wifi. Half way through that thread another user, Deezel who has the same box posted the drivers he pulled from another working ROM. My question is how would one go about adding the drivers to a ROM? Could it e as easy as copying over via USB and rebooting or does the whole thing need compiling? Not that I know how to compile a rom lol

Paul

Hi drieschel thank you so much for these releases. I, like deezel (hahaha alright deezel long time no see my friend) have the TRMK1 and also have no WiFi. I was just wondering if maybe you are close to sorting a fix out? Many thanks and all the best
    Paul

Edited: if it helps I don't mind ripping the box open and taking some pics for you