Posts by FurmanSK

So it didn't boot up right the first time after it does its partition resize. Had to unplug and plug back in and it worked.

https://imgur.com/a/tidweP9

Thing is, this is literally brand new Samsung SD I just opened the package today. Its 128GB Pro one, can't remember exact name but its not a cheap one.

You'll also notice the green lines in that attached video. It's always done that when booting up but once in Kodi, it's fine.

Is there a 40 min limit to posting? Would have had up sooner.

I used a fresh nightly 12.0 build with no addons added or anything. I setup my network storage and then tried to play one of two 4k H265 files and at first it stuttered. Then I went in and set the UI menu to be 1080p and then the auto refresh to start/stop and went back to that file and it played fine shockingly. Then I tried the only other 4K movie I have and it did the stuttering and audio was off too. I will add, the first 4K movie is only 17GB, the second one is 66GB but I have it on 1Gig Ethernet so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue but I guess its not out of the question.

My recent log I collected from that is http://ix.io/4KsR

Hello,

Have been having issues playing 4K HEVC on my roc-rk3328-cc device. This is over Samba share. 1080p and under plays just fine. I've made tweaks to frame rate and set the menu to run at 1080p but nothing helps. I've search some on here but haven't found anything recently with folks having issues. Is there anything I can do to tweak the device? I think I am running nightly builds but can't remember. I believe mine is from end of September but I don't know exact build.

If that is the case, and was afraid it would be the device not outputting enough of a signal, is there a way to change a setting to increase it some? I guess I'll have to check with the board developer and see too.

Cable I have is an HDMI 2.0.

AURUM CABLES Ultra Series High Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable with Ethernet - 50ft HDMI Cord Supports 4K UHD Resolution, ARC, 3D - CL2 Certified - Compatible with HDTV, PC, Laptop, PS3, Xbox, Blu-ray - 1 Pack
    Aurum Cables Certified High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D, Audio Return Channel and Up To 4K Resolution – HDMI cable with AUDIO RETURN -…
    www.amazon.com

for reference here's a link.

I'd hate to have to buy a new one since fishing it up to the TV from crawl space SUCKED haha.

Thanks gents.

Have two Renegade devices one 4GB one 2GB. Neither work on my TV that uses 50FT HDMI to go from closet to TV. My previous Raspberry PI 3B worked just fine outputting to the HDMI, so I can't think that it being 50FT would be the issue but anything is possible.

Any thoughts or things I could try? Startup flags?

I'm on the latest stable release for 11.

chewitt How do I go about enabling it to not be in staging but actually built into the system? I tried editing the config you linked to me for the Rockchip build for my board, uncommenting it and setting equal firs to "m" then "y" but no dice. I'm sure its probably a simple thing. After some more reading, I can gather that if its in staging it should be allowed to be used and tested with correct?

Connmanctl doesn't see it but again,ip a command does. If I bring it up with ip, then ifconfig sees it and back to where I first posted, it blinks but can't do anything with it. Again, probably missing something or its something simple since I'm new to building kernels/OSes from source. Still cool though. Thanks for the help so far.

Didn't take too long with a 12 core xeon running compiling it haha.

Hey chewitt, thanks for the reply and all the information. Yeah I noticed my Ubuntu VM also had same kernel. But the one for the Renegade ROC-CC image I got off Libre computer site had 6.0.11. I guess it's different devs maintaining it or something.

Is there any documentation on the GitHub repo on how to build? I've never built an OS from source before. Mainly just do software dev stuff and OS config for running stuff. I searched around and saw that you mentioned something about enabling module's isn't too hard but couldnt find any documentation on how.

Yeah I have a few more logs but they don't look too different. But doesn't matter if no errors. Thanks for clarifying though what I was missing. Learned something today haha.

Sorry wasn't trying to scatter post. I had an issue with usb3 when not using the nightly builds and had a LE10 latest stable off the site. Can delete that one thread if needed.

I'm on 20221130104423-e014594 (LE 11 nightly) unofficial build for my board and am having trouble getting the WiFi dongle to work. If I use the Ubuntu image you can get for the board (22.04) it works and is recognized. I've thought this was a Linux kernel module missing thing but since Ubuntu's kernel in their image is 6.0.11 and the one in the build of LE I'm using is 6.0.10, I would assume they are very similar.

I've been messing around with trying to figure out the chipset of said device which is shown below.

Code: lsusb.txt
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 07d1:3303 D-Link System DWA-131 802.11n Wireless N Nano Adapter(rev.A1) [Realtek RTL8192SU]
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 002: ID 099a:7202 Zippy Technology Corp. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 13fe:4100 Kingston Technology Company Inc. Flash drive
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It's RTL8192SU. Well the driver used in Ubuntu is r8712u which I've read on a little and that is ok as it supports this device. I ran dmesg and that's how I figured out its using that driver in the build I'm using. I also tried grabbing the firmware.bin file which was this on Ubuntu and loading per the guide on the wiki under /storage/.cache/firmware/. Not sure this was necessary as I am not as experienced with dealing with Linux kernel modules and firmware This is necessary to get it to be recognized on reboot for this build.

Even with doing this, the dongle isn't fully recognized in Kodi, so I rebooted into textmode. Still sees it but doesn't turn on to use. I ran ip a command and showed wlan0 device but if I ran ifconfig it wouldn't show it. It wasn't until I ran ifconfig wlan0 up it finally shows up with ifconfig. Also when I did this, the dongle started blinking like it did on Ubuntu so I figured something was working or getting closer to working.

But with it blinking, I still can't use it. Tried connmanctl to search for the device but didn't work. I'm not familiar with that tool either and therefore not sure how to force it to search for the device or enable it. This is where I'm at right now and I'm not sure where to go. I tried connmactl  then ran agent on and scan wifi which gave an error of

/net/connman/technology/wifi: Method "Scan" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist

I've tried other things to no avail, but with a stripped down Linux that I'm not 100% used to versus a debian based system it's proving more difficult. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. I know I read on here that enabling modules is fairly easy but couldn't find anything on here or the wiki or even just google searching.

Attached dmesg.txt for reference.

EDIT: I have tried LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20221207-cfd7db5-roc-cc.img.gz and

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0-nightly-20221201-732acb2-roc-cc.img.gz with no luck. Even if I load the firmware in through the method described above and from the wiki, it won't even load. At least with the other unofficial build I get to where it loads it but still can't use it.