Posts by JohnBoyz

I forgot about this thread and should have updated it with this info:

Although my Satellite channels all work well using this scheme, I have failed to create a bouquet for, or including, working DVB-T channels.

The entries are there but are not recognised by tvheadend as valid entries, so they are not mapped.

It was not a bother for me as I have few DVB-T channels and they don't vary, so a manual set up of the DVB-T channels is fine for me.

It would be good to know if this scheme could be adapted to get valid DVB-T entries for the generate Bouquet.

Maybe try replacing the trailing " with a colon : and see if it would improve things.

(or just deleting it might suffice)

I should have added to that other thread that although my Satellite channels all work well using this scheme, I have failed to create a bouquet for, or including, my DV-T channels.

The entries are there but are not recognised by tvheadend as valid entries.

I am not complaining, I just explained the current situation that is a bit messed up due two implementations that are not compatible to each other and are at completely different development stages.

CvH

This explains things very clearly, and shows us users that there is need for both ...... one for present working and the other for the future.

I am unsure why it should be messed up ....... but that is likely out of my comfort zone ..... particularly if the two 'branches' are kept separate.

As a user, not developer, with a couple of 905w boxes, I have fully working devices now due to the work on the 3.14 kernel.

So to my way of looking at this, the work on the 3.14 has had great benefits and I am forever thankful to those who did the work.

When mainline has the necessary support for my devices I expect I will change ..... but until then I can use my devices fully.

So +1 to what 'The Coolest' said above.

Yes 64GB flash stick will take quite a long time to resize the STORAGE partition.

I use a 16GB stick, and even that took much longer than I was comfortable with.

This is probably not the place for it, but it might be useful to limit the auto-re-sizing to 8GB on devices with much larger space.

IIRC ....... re-sizing takes much longer than creating a partition, although I am not sure if that applies in the circumstances, but if it does then maybe a change to creating a STORAGE partition could be considered?

It seems You want to insult me.

Have I nice day and ignore my posts

BTW:

Yes, I know a lot about mounting partitions in other OS - I´m working as an IT professional

When you choose to answer the only question I asked and quit with the diversions from it, I will engage again.

Until then, good luck with all your knowledge you apparently cannot call on to answer the question.

Why do You mount the SD outside the box ?

Do You want problems ?

Why should mounting a partition in another OS give problems?

What are you attempting to imply?

The SD card is like the system harddisk in a personal computer.

Who mounts this kind of a disk in another personal computer.

Whats the reason to put the SD card into another computer ?

Anything You want to to on the partition(s) could be done remote.

So you have no answer to the question I asked, about what problems you expect from mounting the partition in another OS.

It seems you are just spreading FUD.

It seems your OS is auto-mounting the partitions on the SD card when you insert it.

(one of those 'lets do it like Windows' settings that I hate)

I do not allow automounting on insertion of removable media.

Unmount the partition (or disable automounting) and mount it as root and you will have full access from a file manager launched with root privileges, in your user account.

The least complicated method I have found so far is the following

Code
    1. curl http://192.168.1.115:9981/api/channel/grid? | sed 's|,|\n|g' | grep '"name"\|"number"\|"icon"' | sed 's|.png"|\n|g'

which produces output in the following form

Code
    1. "name":"ITV4"
    2. "number":28
    3. "icon":"picon://1_0_1_2758_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0

but only for 50 channels.

Any idea what I could replace      

/api/channel/grid?

with to get the full list of channels?

A small bit of tidying up of that output would produce a suitable file ....... if all the channels were present.

I think I have eventually found a method ..... although it is not yet giving me all the channels for some reason.

To begin with I can get the info in this form

Code
    1. BBC Parliament:number:272:1_0_1_2843_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0

by using this output from tvheadend

Code
    1. <IP_Addy>:9981/api/channel/grid

With a bit of tidying up and re-arranging it should be possible to generate a bouquet.tv from the information.

Isn't always the case that after searching for days I finally found useful info immediately after I asked the question :)

I got the basic info from here

Grab tvheadend data by json use. · Issue #88 · primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen · GitHub

I have a channel list built up manually consisting of various inputs such as DVB-T, & DVB-S etc., in the order I want them to appear in Kodi.

I would like to export this list in E2 bouquet format, so that it can be saved for future use (new set up; rebuild etc)

I cannot seem to find a method to do this seemingly simple job.

Is there a means to do this?

Maybe I am missing something simple?

You do not need to convert.

Save the E2 bouquet.tv file where tvheadend has access.

Tvheadend - Configuration -Channel/EPG - Bouquets and select 'Add' to add a new bouquet.

Follow the instructions in the Help menu, by putting the path to the file into the "External URL" input box, in the format

file:///<path-to>/bouquets.tv

Fill in the rest as suits your purpose and Create it.

Tanix Tx3 Mini

CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1523108117.tar

update.

I need to disable deinterlacing via CoreElec provided function, to stop colour bleed on HD Live TV channels such as BBC.

Doing this appears to interfere with the operation of the Tanix remote control.

It is not consistent ...... sometimes it operates on first press and others it needs more presses of a button to get a reaction from the device.

Tanix Tx3

Linux Tanix-Devel 3.14.29 #1 SMP Thu Apr 5 07:34:13 BST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522910001.tar

vfc.conf in /storage/.config so display is good

I had colour bleed on most HD TV channels such as BBC, so I applied

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

which stopped the effect.

This seems - somehow - to interfere with the remote response.

It is as if the button presses sometimes are recorded but not acted upon, so sometimes I get a 'double hit' when the presses are well separated, or presses completely ignored at times.

I am unsure if it is happening only with some buttons or all.

It is not present if I accept the colour bleed by issuing

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

I realise this is not a very satisfactory report, but the best I can do with my limited knowledge presently.