Posts by JohnBoyz

I forgot about this thread and should have updated it with this info:

Although my Satellite channels all work well using this scheme, I have failed to create a bouquet for, or including, working DVB-T channels.

The entries are there but are not recognised by tvheadend as valid entries, so they are not mapped.

It was not a bother for me as I have few DVB-T channels and they don't vary, so a manual set up of the DVB-T channels is fine for me.

It would be good to know if this scheme could be adapted to get valid DVB-T entries for the generate Bouquet.

Maybe try replacing the trailing " with a colon : and see if it would improve things.

(or just deleting it might suffice)

I should have added to that other thread that although my Satellite channels all work well using this scheme, I have failed to create a bouquet for, or including, my DV-T channels.

The entries are there but are not recognised by tvheadend as valid entries.

It seems You want to insult me.

Have I nice day and ignore my posts

BTW:

Yes, I know a lot about mounting partitions in other OS - I´m working as an IT professional

When you choose to answer the only question I asked and quit with the diversions from it, I will engage again.

Until then, good luck with all your knowledge you apparently cannot call on to answer the question.

Why do You mount the SD outside the box ?

Do You want problems ?

Why should mounting a partition in another OS give problems?

What are you attempting to imply?

The SD card is like the system harddisk in a personal computer.

Who mounts this kind of a disk in another personal computer.

Whats the reason to put the SD card into another computer ?

Anything You want to to on the partition(s) could be done remote.

So you have no answer to the question I asked, about what problems you expect from mounting the partition in another OS.

It seems you are just spreading FUD.

It seems your OS is auto-mounting the partitions on the SD card when you insert it.

(one of those 'lets do it like Windows' settings that I hate)

I do not allow automounting on insertion of removable media.

Unmount the partition (or disable automounting) and mount it as root and you will have full access from a file manager launched with root privileges, in your user account.

The least complicated method I have found so far is the following

Code
    curl http://192.168.1.115:9981/api/channel/grid? | sed 's|,|\n|g' | grep '"name"\|"number"\|"icon"' | sed 's|.png"|\n|g'

which produces output in the following form

Code
    "name":"ITV4"
    "number":28
    "icon":"picon://1_0_1_2758_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0

but only for 50 channels.

Any idea what I could replace      

/api/channel/grid?

with to get the full list of channels?

A small bit of tidying up of that output would produce a suitable file ....... if all the channels were present.

I think I have eventually found a method ..... although it is not yet giving me all the channels for some reason.

To begin with I can get the info in this form

Code
    BBC Parliament:number:272:1_0_1_2843_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0

by using this output from tvheadend

Code
    <IP_Addy>:9981/api/channel/grid

With a bit of tidying up and re-arranging it should be possible to generate a bouquet.tv from the information.

Isn't always the case that after searching for days I finally found useful info immediately after I asked the question :)

I got the basic info from here

Grab tvheadend data by json use. · Issue #88 · primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen · GitHub

I have a channel list built up manually consisting of various inputs such as DVB-T, & DVB-S etc., in the order I want them to appear in Kodi.

I would like to export this list in E2 bouquet format, so that it can be saved for future use (new set up; rebuild etc)

I cannot seem to find a method to do this seemingly simple job.

Is there a means to do this?

Maybe I am missing something simple?

You do not need to convert.

Save the E2 bouquet.tv file where tvheadend has access.

Tvheadend - Configuration -Channel/EPG - Bouquets and select 'Add' to add a new bouquet.

Follow the instructions in the Help menu, by putting the path to the file into the "External URL" input box, in the format

file:///<path-to>/bouquets.tv

Fill in the rest as suits your purpose and Create it.

Sholander

8.2.4, if you mean the one by adamg, it should already have the driver built in, but anyway, good to see progress.

The icons depend on the kodi add-on. Make sure you disable the advanced settings in the add-on configuration and the display should go back to normal. (if it doesn't, then reboot).

I had a completely corrupted display on a Tanix Tx3 and finally found that if I configured FD628 service by changing

"- Select which icon is to be used as the access indicator"

to the power option in my case I got a properly functioning display.

I have forgotten what the default entry was.

Dunno if this might be relevant or not.

I'm glad it works great for you

There has been minor issues of which I acknowledge but these are mainly introduced by the Kodi team, some I have been responsible for but nothing to the degree of what is reported.

There is too much inconsistency with testing and too much b/s from users who don't know what they are doing and cause half the problems themselves, ie dtb issues/ installing to internal/ not providing kodi and kernel logs/ changing sysfs kernel flags/ using build threads as a q&a/ telling me my decisions are bad.

It would help if developers had the ability to moderate their own threads but we don't and I can't make head or tail of things because of all the noise that is generated.

I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

I am extremely sorry to read this, not only from a selfish point of view, but also that someone who makes valuable contributions feels isolated and overly criticised.

From my own very brief experience with your work, I first of all would like to say ...... great results, and well worth the effort for those who can appreciate what it takes.

Secondly I would say that some more/better organisation of threads would be welcomed by new users of Amlogic devices like myself as well as the developers.

For instance I still do not know which devices provide better results than the others, regardless how much I have read.

I had to ask some very basic questions in the other thread (I think) and it took me some time to understand what I was being told being unfamiliar with all of it. I should not have had to clutter up a development thread with basic questions .... and yes I did search as much as I was able to but lacking basic knowledge makes that difficult.

I believe (in future) that there should be a general "discussion & help" thread for such releases as yours, plus a separate 'bug report' thread which the developer can moderate. In the discussion & help thread hopefully users can provide help to each other, while those who wish to help with the development can post in the debug thread, hopefully providing good information for the developer.

Of course none of that helps your situation.

It is unfortunate that it has come to this.

I can only wish there is some hope that you can reconsider your situation after a short break.

Regardless your final decision, I wish you well, and thank you earnestly for your work on this release.

Regards,

John.

I mentioned this in the other thread before it was closed but has anyone else experienced the picture shifting a pixel or so left and right constantly with 8.90.6? It's really noticeable on any video with static vertical lines. I thought it was just with DVB stuff but I've noticed it on other videos too now.

Had a good look with several Live TV channels including some with very static backgrounds (one had a block wall where I felt if there was a shift it would have been noticeable.

Using a Tanix Tx 3 Mini

I do have de-interlacing turned off in the Extra Community settings, to prevent colour bleed which is a problem with this box on some HD channels, mostly the BBC ones.

Maybe that changes things for me.

Duh!

It finally got through to me.

(sorry I had missed your post due to getting the info to post)

I copied the text from the site into the vfd.conf file and all is well.

I have USB and Ethernet icons as well as time displayed. (just noticed the 'Playing' symbol there also when a stream is being played - nice)

Thanks for your help AND patience.

;)