Posts by JohnBoyz

X96 Max

2GB/16GB

I tried the two releases

LibreELEC-AMLG12.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190417171703-68723cf.img.gz

LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190417175023-68723cf.img.gz

burned using LibreElec USB-SD Creator on Linux.

Both boot without problems, and the remote works well, but neither enable the wired network.

I see a few previous posts saying that wired is working (although wifi not) so wonder what I might have done wrong to cause this.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that the wired connection works fine when using Android.

Well, firstly I wanted to use RPi3, seemed liked the best way, but, in my country people are selling those for such an unreasonable price (and only RPis are sold here, nothing else of that kind), and when you actaully see how much I would spend on the gpu and psu for the old pc, it's much cheaper than buying a RPi, sure, RPi has other fuctions than just being used as a Kodi device, but that's all I need right now.

And I really don't need something to hold my stuff on a network, got one TV in the whole house so I don't really need anything special in that kind.

I really appreciate your answer!

Yes, all the R-Pi devices IMO are overpriced here also, by the time you have case & PSU etc.

There are very cheap ARM devices that come with Android which can be booted with LibreElec or CoreELEC and much better value than the R-Pi. Some are even 4K capable.

Have a read about Allwinner, Amlogic and other devices & development in the community section to see what is available.

All I suggest is you consider it ..... ;)

I now use a $40 ARM device which runs Kodi fine.

No need for cooling and no noise.

Tiny size so easy position.

I had previously built a new HTPC and regretted how much I spent on it.

I later used an old Dell dual core Pentium machine saved from the dump, as the backend, with the wee ARM device as the client at the TV.

You might be better served using the old PC as a server/NAS/backend for holding media files and maybe tuners - no need for any good graphics for that either and it can generally be managed remotely so it could be put out of the way where its size and noise won't interfere.

This really has me puzzled.

I went looking at some tvheadend files to compare, taken from the different installs.

Concentrating on the bouquet files for comparison this is what I find ...

The ARM device with no DVB-T services seen has the following in its bouquet file:

If I add a DVB-S entry to that file, it is seen and the file contents reflect it:

This is what the corresponding file looks like from the X86_64 install where all 11 entries are 'seen'

Maybe the above added information will generate some idea where this is going wrong ... I can always hope :)

could you share an log of generic and arm ?

just try to map the same stuff that works at generic but not at arm

I have never had to get logs before so I am unsure what you need.

Here is the tvheadend output in the browser when I enable the DVB-T bouquet on the X86_64 device

Is that what you wished to see?

The corresponding ARM output was this

Code
    2018-12-22 14:47:59.403 bouquet: parsed Enigma2 bouquet My DVB-T (0 services)

If you require something more please be as specific as possible as I have never accessed logs previously, thanks.

I set up an E2 type DVB-T bouquet and used the same file on several devices to try to determine why the channels were not mapping.

On an X86_64 device this is installed (8.95.001 9.0 kernel: Linux 4.19.8)

Code
     Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-22T10:23:30+0100)

and the channels map correctly.

On an R-Pi 2 device this is installed

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-22T04:21:22-0500)

and no channels are seen or mapped.

I also tried CoreElec on a Tanix Tx3 Amlogic device

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-04T16:11:11+0000)

and again no channels were seen or mapped.

All devices were using the latest releases I could locate - both LE & CE.

It would appear that there is either something amiss in the ARM build of tvheadend (LE & CE use a similar build?), else there might be a problem with the ARM version of tvheadend.

The format of the DVB-T file entries are like this

Code
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:452:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

In all cases the DVB-S E2 type bouquet worked as expected.

All devices I tested were on the same LAN, and using the same HDHomeRun tuner.

I hope this can be looked at, thanks.

so the same 4.3 version works at generic but not at arm ?

No the X86_64 version on my PC is

Code
    Build: 4.2.1 (2017-05-23T12:20:11-05:00)

I don't presently have an option to use a later version on this PC.

Tanix Tx3 Mini ARM device has

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-04T16:11:11+0000)

R-Pi2 has

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-22T04:21:22-0500)

Because of the close relationship between LE & CE and the build details of both reading the same, I suspected that as the problem is present on both, it might be due to the build lacking something.

Of course I might well be completely wrong! :D

I hope that someone has exactly the same working tuner with Amlogic device :)

I was thinking about network tuner as Digibit R1, because I've seen your posts somewhere here in the forum that works flawlessly with Libreelec and TVHeadend.But the problem is that I need tuner mainly for Cable(DVB-C) and Antena(DVB-T/T2), because I have no dish yet.Just leaving an option for satellite, because after couple months I'll moving in new home with perfect "dish" view

Thanks for your help again.

HDHomerun dual or quad as network tuners integrate well with LE/Tvheadend. Homerun device will do either DVB-C or DVB-T/T2.

If you need both then get two HDHomerun devices .... one for DVB-C and the other for DVB-T/T2.

I have both Digibit R1 and HdHomeRun quad (DVB-T) working well.

Using an E2 type bouquet file, and any of the recent releases for R-Pi (1 & 2) there are no DVB-T services 'seen' or 'mapped'. A similar bouquet for the DVB-S channels works as expected.

The bouquet entries are in the format

Code
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:450:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

The same bouquet file works properly in the Generic releases that I have tried.

Is this a failure of the ARM version of tvheadend or is something missing from the build?

My latest attempt was with the 8.95.001 release for R-Pi 2 and this was the Tvheadend output when I enabled the bouquet (with auto-map enabled)

Code
    2018-12-24 00:41:06.864 bouquet: parsed Enigma2 bouquet   My DBV-T (0 services)

Thanks for looking at this.