Tvheadend not mapping DVB-T/C channels on ARM device (R-Pi 2)

• I set up an E2 type DVB-T bouquet and used the same file on several devices to try to determine why the channels were not mapping.

On an X86_64 device this is installed (8.95.001 9.0 kernel: Linux 4.19.8)

Code
     Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-22T10:23:30+0100)

and the channels map correctly.

On an R-Pi 2 device this is installed

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-22T04:21:22-0500)

and no channels are seen or mapped.

I also tried CoreElec on a Tanix Tx3 Amlogic device

Code
    Build: 4.2.7-34 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.117 (2018-12-04T16:11:11+0000)

and again no channels were seen or mapped.

All devices were using the latest releases I could locate - both LE & CE.

It would appear that there is either something amiss in the ARM build of tvheadend (LE & CE use a similar build?), else there might be a problem with the ARM version of tvheadend.

The format of the DVB-T file entries are like this

Code
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:452:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

In all cases the DVB-S E2 type bouquet worked as expected.

All devices I tested were on the same LAN, and using the same HDHomeRun tuner.

I hope this can be looked at, thanks.

• could you share an log of generic and arm ?

just try to map the same stuff that works at generic but not at arm

I have never had to get logs before so I am unsure what you need.

Here is the tvheadend output in the browser when I enable the DVB-T bouquet on the X86_64 device

Is that what you wished to see?

The corresponding ARM output was this

Code
    2018-12-22 14:47:59.403 bouquet: parsed Enigma2 bouquet My DVB-T (0 services)

If you require something more please be as specific as possible as I have never accessed logs previously, thanks.

• This really has me puzzled.

I went looking at some tvheadend files to compare, taken from the different installs.

Concentrating on the bouquet files for comparison this is what I find ...

The ARM device with no DVB-T services seen has the following in its bouquet file:

If I add a DVB-S entry to that file, it is seen and the file contents reflect it:

This is what the corresponding file looks like from the X86_64 install where all 11 entries are 'seen'

Maybe the above added information will generate some idea where this is going wrong ... I can always hope :)

• Has any progress been made on determining the cause of this issue? (From other reports it affects DVB-C as well as DVB-T automapping)

Even if it is known where the problem is generated (during build or in tvheadend code) that would be very useful in trying to progress a solution.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by JohnBoyz (January 10, 2019 at 6:46 PM).