Posts by afl1

I am serious. Verify your playback by OSD debug log (CTRL-SHIFT-O) of OSD info (key O ). For sw decoding there will be ff-hevc for HW decoding am-h265. Also you can see # drops and skips (only for HW decoding). In your log totally missing AMLCodec logs. In your log for HW decoding have to something similar to this

Here's the sample file and log. I've run it twice and the stutter is visible in the "My name is Captain James Teberius Kirk" moment :)

There is a 1 in 15 times chance that the file will play stutter free. It's very random and mostly fresh after restart or changing something in the playback settings.

To reproduce just play the file on default settings with enabled Adjust Display Refresh Rate. Stop and play it again. If you don't stop the file and just rewind it to the begining it will play stutter free.

le_8.90.1-subtitles_stutter_sample+log

You have to enable Amlogic HW acceleration!

Settings->Player->Videos->Allow hardware acceleration-amcodec.

I also have S905X and see the stutters very often. It would be great if stuttering appear only once at the beginning but it stutters also when italic subs are displayed. And then once again when regular and so over and over again.

Mostly they're micro stutters, barely visible and sometime they're more noticeable.

Kszaq said it will be fixed in Leia.

The bug is still present in adamg 8.90.1 which is Leia but it's in alpha stage.

If not... well, there's still flawless Jarvis build.

Pls, publish kodi debug log with component specific debug: video and a/v timing. Also video sample we'll be welcome.

Hi, I have also the VIM2 and the DTV expansion board.

I have the same problem reported by rudi.

Although I'm seeing all my adapters in thveadend tv adapters, I can't open any channel (and all the muxes fail). I guess it seems to be a problem of the dtb driver developed by kszaq.

If instead of using this dtv board in vim2, I use a external sat-iptv, everything works as expected in tvheadend.

Regards.

Are you able to send me dbt.img from android? You can find it in android upgrade image or submit ssh command:dd if=/dev/dtb of=/storage/dtb-kvim2.img bs=1k count=256

hi GDPR-2

i have wetek play2 . vdr not stable in libreelec . A break occurs for channels when switching

For example, when you switch channels, it breaks the video channel, and sometimes the channel settles and then goes and after seconds returns

i need vdr stable in libreelec 9

I do not like it tvheadend For the difficulty of dealing with it

Can you correct dvb-s wetek for vdr

There are old devices working without problems with vdr

Try to upgrade to CvH 2.3.8 version: service.multimedia.vdr-addon-9.0.107.zip

hi GDPR-2

i have wetek play2 . vdr not stable in libreelec . A break occurs for channels when switching

For example, when you switch channels, it breaks the video channel, and sometimes the channel settles and then goes and after seconds returns

i need vdr stable in libreelec 9

I do not like it tvheadend For the difficulty of dealing with it

Can you correct dvb-s wetek for vdr

There are old devices working without problems with vdr

Sorry, in this thread is no support for vdr. We use only LE 9.0 updates from LibreELEC sources. For support use PVR & DVB Support or Bug Reports.

Tvheadend is preffered server by me.

Apologies, it's one issue I haven't had time to look into yet, I just saw the commit message and jumped to conclusions.

Thanks for the heads up, I have tried to look through the OSMC source but it is a complete patch fest that I can't make head or tails off.

In OSMC source I see they are building Krypton. In Krypton is 3D auto-switch working.

I found some cleaning @FernetMenta in this commit drop some dirty playstate hacks · xbmc/xbmc@cc59c9d · GitHub. He probably broke correct StereoscopicsManager informing about playback started in amlogic builds. I fixed this issue with my last patch. In next release the 3D auto-switching will be working.

fresonpower thanks.

afl1

I do not get one thing. Regarding your fix for removed pts based frame rate tracking. I thought that the fix was about setting "frame rate fallback" which was newly introduced or fixed by you in your "devel-201710311040" and 8.2.2.2. So to fix the stuttering problem should I have frame rate fallback set as disabled or to value specific to my region (50fps) ? My logic tells me that I should override this to specific value, since the fps from pts has been removed. But @frensonpower wrote that this fix worked for him as he had this frame rate fallback to disabled. horfee wrote that he must had set it to 50Hz.

So which option is effective to fix the problem in the first place ?

I did tried both (disabled, 50Hz) and I got stuttering anyway, only after much longer period that in 8.2.2.1. Recorded file during the stutter/artefacts plays just fine without issues. Thanks for clarifying this.

I removed pts base frame rate tracking only temporary. Now in LE 9.0 is back. The best solution for missing fps hints is setting frame rate fallback.

Frame rate tracking can save playback but starts with stuttering. In LE 9.0 for missing fps I use value 29.97 fps for starting playback and pts based frame rate tracking fix fps to the right value.

I updated version 8.90.1 with the new devel version LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180103154127-r27897-geb02a8e.tar

you kindly provided, but unfortuntely the 3D-autoswitch does not work again. :(

Is there anything I can do? I can provide logfiles tomorrow if necessary (at the moment my wife occupies the TV...)

Amlogic layer is working. Issue have to be in upper layer.

To switch to 3D SBS during playback use following command echo '3dlr' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

For 3D TOB echo '3dtb' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config 

Back to 2D echo '3doff' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

Thanks a lot afl1 . Isn't this interesting? How can a source slow down while streaming but speed up again after seeking? Let's consider the internet connection as stable. What can be the reason? Could it be that the file hoster or the ISP are doing some intervention there? I'm really curious, I never experienced this before.

Opening the same mp4 stream within the web browser on my pc does not show any slow down of the source.

Have you tried this streaming in LE 8.2?

I see no issue in amlogic layer maybe in higher layers common for all LE builds.