Posts by afl1

afl1
    here is a E2 settings backup for all sattelite (from satpimps.co.uk),
    catseyee2settingsfileallsats120217
    can you help me to convert it to tvheadend.
    thanks in advance

Again tutorial:

Download E22TVH v1.5 and install it.
    Download catseyee2settingsfileallsats120217 and unzip it.
    Open E22TVH set tvheadend ip and password (libreelec).
    Click from 'From File' and open in unzipped archive file 'lamedb'
    Then E22TVH starts converting db to tvheadend format.
    After successful converting it tries to connect to box with validation error.
    Now we have to continue manually. Tvheadend db is prepared in 'C:\tmpE22TVH\input'.
    Install winscp and transfer 'C:\tmpE22TVH\input' to box's /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/.
    You can preserve current scanning renaming current input folder. Then you have to restart tvheadend.
    After restart you can see a lot new networks (e.g. DVB-S 130E, DVB-S 192E DVB-S 235E, ...) and then you have to connect new networks to Tv Adapter (LNB).
    And finally map channels.

That receiver does not accept some AC3/DTS modes.
    Yesterday, my Sherlock episode lack sound because of it (I have the 775).

For DVB audio is used only MP2 or AC3 in 2.0 or 5.1, some providers are testing AAC.
    I am sure you have something wrong set-up.
    An example of wrong setup, probably your case:
    - enabled "Sync playback to display";
    - enabled audio passthrough;
    - disabled AC3 transcoding;
    - receiver connected via SPDIF

For audio AC3 5.1 -> no sound.

Explanation:
    Enabled "Sync playback to display" decode AC3 5.1 to Multichannel PCM. Disabled transcoding to AC3 and enabled passthrough means the output format is Multichannel PCM. SPDIF is capable only stereo PCM -> no sound.

Upgraded to beta6a.
    I'm getting a lot of continuity errors, which were not present in the 20161231 version

So far the channels are zapping, but the speed is much slower than I have been used in the 20161231. It's 50/50 good speed <5sec, but sometimes like 8-10sec.
    Have to check one more thing, FAV button on the K1 native remote used to open some favorites menu, which I never used, but now it opens a numeric keyboard with "6" pressed instantly.

Two is a lot errors?
    In Krypton is used for video playback v4l2 driver. Amlogic porting is in development.

K1 Plus Combo. Using DVB-S2, newcamd client in tvheadend.
    I have been using 8.0-devel-20161231120653 till yesterday. Basically no big problems. Occasional kodi freeze on EPG open. Video problems fixed by disabled HW for SD, etc..

Clean install of beta6. New channel scan. I wanted to do everything from the beginning to test it.
    When zapping channels I have random "no signal". Does not depend on the channel encryption. Here is example.
    I'm zapping randomly, then switching to "Ocko TV" which is a free channel.
    When this happed the SD has been decoded in SW. Now I have switched the HW decoder for all SD and HD to see if it differ, but seems like an tvheadend/driver issue.

Upgrade to beta6a. beta6 has playback issue caused by Kodi 17.1-RC1. I don't know why kszaq used it, still no official release (planned for Feb 28).

I am testing now to play two HD streams, one locally on KI Plus and one remote on S905X box using pvr.hts. On both streams are only a few drops and skips (mainly on startup).

Ok, I attached pictures of my settings and the display on my receiver. What am I doing wrong?
    Same settings used to pass all the digital audio just fine.

BTW, I am using HDMI to my receiver.

Have you read my answer?

Dobly Prologic on receiver display means how is processing sound in DSP, but actual input is strereo PCM.
    Go to Settings -> Player settings-> Videos: disbable "Sync playback to display"

When i use both dvb-t and dvb-s tuner, how can i teach tvheadend to start epg grabbing, when i want to switch other source?
    So when epg grabbing at dvb-s, and i choose dvb-t channel, the muxer isnt can switch to dvb-t because dvb-s is reserve the stream with epg grabbing..
    or reserve..

To use concurrently dvb-t and dvb-s you have to disable over-the-air epg and download epg from internet (e.g. webgrabplus).
    Anyway, can you make me favour and test pcscd-addon in beta6?
    [hr]

I also lost the internal dvb tuners except for the dvb-t on the beta6.

Upgrade tvheadend + pvr.hts from #1.
    [hr]

Hi, I'm trying tvheadend 4.2 in DVB-S/S2 mode, it seems that everything is working well, I was just disappointed in the time length of switching channels. What are your seconds?
    For me it is aprox.10 sec :(

At me 2 to 6 sec. Try to enable predictive tuning in pvr.hts.

There is no beta8.
    Sorry, but you are only one who has oscam issue. Nobody else is reporting oscam problem. I am using same setup without any issue.

oscam.dvbapi at me is a empty file (0 byte)

How can we figure out what is the problem?

Check reader (cccam) status in 'Status', if reader is enabled, connected and has cards. If it is connected click on 'connected' to see all permissions.
    If there is no connection, try in ssh ping server, to see reachability. Verify ip config with ifconfig, arp and route, to see ip address and gateway.
    Also check your router for filtering tcp-ip communication.
    [hr]

I use OSCAM using 4 CCCAM lines from a provider, and works fine on version I use: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-7.95.beta6-20170212173536.img.gz

I have KII-Pro box.

Only have problems on Tvheadend viewing streaming LAN at home (tablets and phones), when view HD channels (pixelates too much).

Good luck.

If you use WiFi it can be throughput issue, also don't use WiFi on box. Connect box via cable.

I use cccam reader. In both case with the same reader settings.

Maybe in this case somehow disabled the cccam reader?
    :
    "restarting decodingrequests after 0 ms with 1 enabled and 3 disabled ecmpids"
    what mean disabled ecmpids?
    or with LE8 will disabled the cccam protocol?

In my log is used cccam as a Reader-1.

Disabled ecmpids looks like ecmpids filtering. Check in Files -> oscam.dvbapi configuration. For testing remove all lines (no filtering), save and restart oscam.

I was about to test properly version 7.95.beta5N, when beta6 appeared. Really good work @afl1, your work is really appreciated.

I wonder how do you update your box ? I'm not sure that I do it the right way. I'm still using a SD cards because of the frequent updates. I have two Samsung 32GB evo cards. Every new version, I took the previous card and prepare a clean installation using a win32diskimager. I backup the actual running one by copying the /storage to my desktop computer. I do not have much customization, so every setting is done manually and then compared to backup-ed configuration. Then I overwrite the tvheadend scans, mappings and fav groups.
    My friend pointed, that he's using this official method HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    Is this method safe for upgrading between the builds in this thread ? Does anybody do it this way ?

Look in this post #408.

Hi.
    I see there is communication tvheadend + oscam, but there is no reader able to descramble ecmpid. What kind of reader are you using?

Here is a log from beta6:

[hr]

Thanks afl1 for the new version => works for me and the Signal quality & SNR works now :). And same problems as before no RMC Decouverte on astra (can't scan). It's time for find DVB-S2 usb tuner for scanning ...

You can use scan made by E22TVH tool. In following input.zip is scan for Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E and Astra 23.5E.
    in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/ replace input folder with input from zip file. To preserve current scanning you can rename it input0 and then unzip file. Then you have to restart tvheadend. After restart you can see 3 new networks: DVB-S 130E, DVB-S 192E and DVB-S 235E, than you have to connect new networks to Tv Adapter (LNB).
    And finally map channels.

Hi

I am trying your 7.95.beta6 (2017-02-11), the audio on movies and TV series only plays Dolby Prologic.
    I cannot get digital audio, in the previous beta the digital audio formats played ok. I have a Tronsmart S95 Vega Telos

Thanks for all you work!!

Henk Westra
    Netherlands

Sorry for wrong first answer.
    Explanation is very simple. In previous version was all live streaming decoded to PCM. e.g. DD 5.1 -> 5.1 Multichannel PCM.
    If you set in Setting -> Audio -> Channels: 2.0 and allow passthrough then 5.1 Multichannel is encoded to DD 5.1 to be able pass it to SPDIF. It looks like passthrough. But changing channel configuration 2.0 to another you get PCM Stereo.
    New build has true passthrough independent on channel configuration. If you prefer old behavior you can set it by allowing 'Sync playback to display'".