Posts by VLouis

Currently, I have the computer set up to start with LE first. But if I ever want to switch to Win11, I have to press the ESC key at startup and switch to the BIOS menu to start Windows.

If you use the LE from removable device (SD-card, USB-stick), why you don't set the LE as first boot and the W11 as second. When you want W11, just remove the LE, and the bios will boot from next available option. And instead to enter in the bios to (temporarly) change the boot order, theoreticaly exist "boot menu key" (I think is the "F9" for HP) to enter to boot select menu. I'm using this for W11 - Xubuntu "dual boot" (installed on different SSD's), my PC is booting directly to W11, if I sometimes want to boot the linux, I hit few times the "F11" key (MSI MB) when starting the bios, and I select the "Xubuntu" to boot.

Another thing is how do you want to use that PC, if mostly with W11, and only sometimes do you want LE (Kodi), maybe is more simple to install the Kodi under Windows.

Add "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" to config.txt - will disable the onboard wifi.

And 2 things:

1. If you have any possibility to use wired network, use it, it's far better than any wifi solution.

2. Most probably the main issue is the tiny wifi antenna used on RPi boards. I soldered to my RPi3B board a wifi connector and tried with an external antenna. But that need a solid soldering skill. Working better than the USB-Wifi dongle. I think that can be made for RPi4B too. I tried this because had driver issue with the USB-Wifi dongle (some kind of cheap realtek RTL...).

I think, using edid-bits seems to be the only way for me by now. but how to solve the kodi startup issue?

Hi, maybe that Toshiba TV have some EDID issues. Your Samsung TV is (more or less) same as the Toshiba? Connect the RPi directly to Samsung, start the LE, set a low, standard resolution (720p or what is the default for Toshiba), connect with SSH and run "getedid create" command. Then try it with the Toshiba TV.

I seem to have the same issue, if I power my Pi4 with my AV amp off, I just get the Librelec name and version at the top left hand corner, I can connect via SAMBA so Kodi is running, if I reboot with AV amp & TV on it boots as per normal.

Hi, try this: Power-up all connected to the HDMI cable (AV amp. TV - to be all devices ready when the LE starting), then power-up the RPi. If all working, connect to SSH run "getedid create" command. This will dump the EDID data and will use it at the boot (instead to search for a display).

I prefere to use the RPi-LE with "old and good" stereo spekers (JBL floorstanding). I'm using a small HifiBerry compatible module to get the stereo sound, a stereo amplifier with speakers and is works great for me. As I had driver trouble with USB connected device (USB-Wifi dongle), maybe is less risky to use an HDMI-Audio extractor device to get the 5.1 analog sound, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Conver…r/dp/B07J49P1H2 - I never tried such a device - so read some reviews, before to buy it...

Hi, the "LE does not support dual-boot" doesn't means it's impossible. The easy way probably is to install the LE to one drive, finish the setup, and install something else to the another drive. It's a good chance to the "second" OS to recognize the installed LE and to add to the own boot menu. Set in the bios the "second drive" as the boot disk. Could to work with a single drive, install the LE, finish the setup, boot from USB to a live linux, resize the LE "storage" partition (to make space for another OS), than try to use that free space for second installation. I never tried this (LE on RPi user), just an idea, if you ar ready to experiment a bit...

I think it´'s a problem with the TV, but i will try the HDMI 2.0 Cable today and post the results here.

Hi, if you tried with 3 different HDMI cables, could be the TV (HDMI connector, EDID chip). Another idea, if you have around another TV, preferably HD-ready, connect the RPi to that TV, and if working, save the TV EDID data (SSH - run "getedid create"). In this way, the LE will use always the EDID "backup" instead to try to read it from TV. Always start the TV before power up the RPi. I had issues with EDID detection if the TV was in StBy when the RPi booted (resolved by "getedid create").

I would now like to send the video to the TV and the sound to a 5.1 sound system (Teufel Concept E400). How can I realize this most easily?

Hi, if you have the "Teufel Concept E400" and not the "Concept E 400 Digital", you have only analog inputs (6 RCA connector). Maybe you can try with a USB-Audio adapter, with 5.1 analog audio outputs (3x jack or 6x RCA connectors). The question is if the LE will have a propper driver for it.

DJI action cameras and drones creating in sd card mp4 video files and simultaneously generated LRF files that mean Low resolution file. This file MPEG-4 format 1280x720 resolution 29fps and about 8000 bitrate, must can play in any devise. 4k Resolution video file can not play any device, like raspberry pi, but LRF file creating for this reason. In sd card file list not showing LRF files, just mp4. Can somebody make this issues.

That "LRF" files have ".lrf" extension? In that case because the .rlf isn't a standard video file type (name), that is the reason why the Kodi don't recognized and don't know "what to do" with them. Did you tried to rename it to ".mp4"?

Any other idea?

In the past I had exactly the same issue, RPi3B, HDMI, HD-ready TV (LG), when I switched from LE v.9 to v.10, and was because of a poor quality HDMI cable... If you didn't tried yet, try to change the HDMI cable. Maybe you have same issue.

And instead to upgrade to LE v.10, why you don't go directly to the latest v.11? I'm on LE 12 nightly (2x RPi3B, 1x RPi4B) and works very well. One of the best thing in the RPi is the SD card... If you have one (or more :)) spare SD card, anytime you can try something new and on the other card you always have a working "backup".

Hi, you can try to just plug in and check the wifi connections. Most of USB-wifi dongles are usable without any additional driver. If you want to disable the onboard wifi, in the "config.txt" add the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line.

Another way... I'm used my RPi3B with a USB-wifi dongle, till I made some modification on the RPi board (some soldering) to be able to use external wifi antenna. It can be done on the RPi4 too, if you have some soldering skill... https://community.element14.com/members-area/p…starring-a-rpi4

In essence, it doesn't work as intended because the goal was to change audio output automatically depending on the chosen medium to play.

Hi, you should take a look at the "Audio Profiles" settings "Auto Switch" section... I'm using that to auto change the sound output for video (profile1 - HDMI) and music (profile2 - HifiBerry-DAC)... If do you use a remote controller, you can change the audio output by assigning a remote button to popup the "Audio profiles window". Create a "remote.xml" file in ...../.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ to use the remote's "blue" button for this:

<keymap>
    <global>
    <remote>
    <blue>RunScript(script.audio.profiles,popup)</blue>
    </remote>
    </global>
    </keymap>

Hi, theoretically the "default" (after boot) audio output you can change in the kodi settings (system/audio...). About the Audio Profiles Addon... it's well documented here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353852.

Cycling through profiles has no impact (on any of my RPis) on which audio port is active - it is not overriding/changing system settings - what do I do wrong?

First you need to link in the addon settings the "phisical" audio port to an addon "profile" (it's 10 profiles are available). Each profile can be labeled with a name (like the "digital" or "analog"), I'm using as the label "HDMI" for profile 1 linked to the HDMI output (ALSA:Default...hdmi), and "HIFI" linked to the I2S (ALSA:...Hifiberry-DAC). To link... prepair the profiles (add/change name, enable....etc), go to the settings/system/audio, change the output (verify if working - have sound at that output), then go to settings/addons... Audio Profiles, select "Run" and assign one enabled profile to the active sound output. It's not an "plug and play" addon, need some work in the settings, but isn't a "rocket science" to make it to work.

I have read in this forum that if you try to connect by ssh and you put the command getedid create would be fixed,

Hi, That command is useful in the case when sometimes the RPi (LE - at startup) doesn't detect the display (ex. some displays in stand-by mode doesn't provide EDID information trough HDMI). You are sure don't have any hardware issue? Try with another HDMI cable, another HDMI output/input, another display... I'm using RPi4B with LE too, and I don't have HDMI/Display problem (I have set a cronjob for LE to reboot it every night and I used that getedid command to ensure the display is "detected" even if in StBy).

I wasnt' able to get the logs, I checked the instructions but I couldn't do it...

To solve that needs information, and the "TP-Link wifi usb adapter for my rpi2 and Libreelec doesnt decognize" doesn't to much. So you need to provide a log and could be usefull some "extended" information about wifi adapter model, LE version...

I had maybe a similar experience last week when tried to update (RPi3B, LE12 nightly) and found two "surprise", my preferate skin and the wifi usb adapter (cheap, RTL8192EU chipset) not worked. Tried the latest LE12 nightly today (seen in changelog "iwlwifi-firmware package updates"), and the usb-wifi working again...

I going to convert my 6TB HDD to EXT4 as soon as I free up a PC to install Linux on that's fast enough to transfer everything from backup to the reformatted disk.

You don't need to install linux for that. You could use a "Live linux" from USB stick. Tip: search for "Ventoy" (booting ISO directly from USB stick) and "Xubuntu". Just be carefull, "playing" with partitions could lead to data lost...

i just got it a sundisk last year. everything been work I had retropie along with kodi on it. I have a portable hard drive aka DV drive connected to the raspberry pi 4. All the Videos are in MP4 and i had no problem. during the summer this year that same error popped up and a few days ago, it appear again

That "error" looks like an SD-Card issue... so get an another SD-card, install the LE, and try it... The fact "that device worked well before" not means is working now too... And an SD-card isn't something expensive or hard to find.

That "portable hard drive aka DV drive" have own power supply or draw the power from the USB connector? If powered from USB, could be a power source issue (if without that hard drive always booting fine). For external HDD never recommended to be powered from USB.