Posts by GDPR-2

Hi there,

Dumb questions:

If I install my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able to use that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

When I install in the internal memory, it installs the setup ( skin, addon, preferences, etc ) exactly as I have in the SD Card !??!?! Or do I have do to it all again ?!?!!?

Thanks a lot !!!

Your post is some what confusing however...

If you are booting Kodi from USB and you have set it up to your taste when you run the installtointernal script you are asked if you want to copy your data to internal as well, select Y and this will do as it says on the tin.

You can then put the USB drive in another AML box and do the exact same without having to redo all of your work, just run installtointernal again.

Hi guys, I would like to come back to this one more time. When you say you will keep that fix in your future builds, does that mean they will end up in adamg's Leia builds as well? The reason I ask is that I am currently trying to prepare a christmas present with Amazon VOD, Netflix, SkyGo and LiveTV working and at the moment I have the situation from the first post with adamg's build while all this streaming stuff works perfectly.

I also tried the TvHeadend plugin from GDPR-1 's 9.0.4 repo, but that did not work (meaning it did not start properly; also, it seems to be based on 4.2 still, while adamg is already on 4.3).

I try to keep my builds up to date with patches from a variety of sources from kszaq/afl1/Raybuntu/LE-master/Kodi

When kszaq refers to a L1 Widevine device he means one which has been officially licensed by Google for Widevine Level 1 DRM support. One such device is the Minix NEO U9-H, there is a great deal of other devices out there though. I have an Nvidia Shield for this albeit that may be out of your budget.

Apologies for not providing updates or support for the last couple of weeks, I have been pretty busy but there has been work going on behind scenes to get S905 supported officially within LE.

I will be providing an updated dev build later on today however I suspect it may break dvb support as I have reworked the source for the build from scratch and updated to the latest media_build so user feedback will be helpful. There is also an updated libamcodec and ofcourse Kodi will be refreshed to it's latest version and the latest patches from afl1 will also be included.

A couple of final last notes, there will be added support for users of the TX3 Mini with the LCD now functioning (I bought one in the black friday sales).

I also very generously received a Minix NEO U9-H from Minix so I will be extending builds there in the near future :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats a shame.

Main reason for keeping Minix/Android is their Netflix app.

Netflix is also on Kodi albeit it does work better on Android

Hi all,

quick question.

Have you guys removed the S905 project in the master branch?

LibreELEC.tv/projects at master · adamg-xda/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thank you.

the tree was removed earlier because I am in the process of redoing everything and upstream to master

Both myself and kszaq with the help of Raybuntu have been submitting patches for the last week to have the S905 supported in LE officially rather than community builds.

You are right, maybe someone else has a clue about this, too. The video seems to freeze or stutter really strong. There is no audio. The timecode is screwed up and shows -596 hours or so as current position.

Here is the important part of the log (had to shorten it due to post limitation):

Could you send me a link to the video, I have some updates for libamcodec for the next version which may fix this but I would like to test it.

Concerning the problem I face with my USB airmouse, I found that the volume buttons work after reboting but once starting LiveTV, they don't work anymore. Maybe this helps either GDPR-2 or afl1 ? It happened now twice in a row after rebooting, I will investigate further. Could it be that the audio device is somehow "changed" for playing LiveTV? Stopping LiveTV does not make it work again.

I have spoken to other developers about this issue, it's a problem with LiveTV not with the build, there has been other postings on this forum about the same problem on other platforms.

donger and that builds in this thread are pre-alpha software and some thing will simply not work?

There is always a chance something won't work even with a stable release, worth mentioning that addons are 3rd party extensions that we are not responsible for. We can only try and help :)

A lot of my time has been spent making community releases, it takes 2-3 hours for LE to compile, then there is testing, debugging, a lot of smoking cigarettes and headaches that also come with it but hey we do it all for nothing =D

The 2.0 channel option is how you are supposed to do it with the HDMI/SPDIF extractor and then select passthrough and enable DD AC3 transcoding.

Unfortunately not much can be done about your unsupported wifi chip until the driver is opensourced, I would recommend using powerline adapters as wifi is not very good on these cheap boxes.

No I don't have a donate option, I do this for fun not for profit, I would recommend sending a donation to kszaq, afl1 and ofcourse LE itself, they have done most of the work here, I have just brought it forward from 8.2. I appreciate the thought though.

Helping towards seeing the S905/X run LE perfectly and seeing you guys run my builds is reward enough for me.

Yes, all other buttons work. Unfortunately, I only get this codec messages. Nothing about the remote. I pressed several buttons, no message in the log. I can post more but I guess this is not helpful.

Very strange it logs commands with tv remotes and the amlogic remotes, I have a air remote knocking around, I just have to find it after recently moving and I will look into this, has it been this way with all releases or just been like this recently?

i use the latest Version today, comes from 8.2.1.1 , my tvheadend goes to 4.3, after 10 minutes i have a complete freez.

I don't quite understand... You used the latest version of what? If tvheadend is a problem you can downgrade it and disable updates on the package.

Did anyone face the problem that sometimes the volume keys stop working immediately after Kodi starts? Only a restart fixes this. How could I debug to see what is going on? This issue I face since long.

Replugging the USB device does not help so I think it is related to Kodi.

I use an USB airmouse.

Do all the other buttons still work?

To debug this...
    Settings>System>Logging>Enable debug logging

SSH into your box and do "tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

Press enter a few times to clear some of the spam then press the volume keys when they are not working and paste the output here.

1.0.7.1 videos work all over again, only problem im still having compared to 1.0.5 is retroarch, cos included librerto support is still way off, maybe when there is a good frontend for launching roms, but doing it from included file manager, especially if its in bin, cue, and other cd files(as it just wants to play them as audio) is not viable. and still no reicast in kodi as well. ive put a file that is supposed to terminate kodi on retroarch start and that has done just so up to version 1.0.5. the line in question are near the bottom of the file, if you could check it out it would be great

nevermind, it terminates kodi now, just fixed itself after several tries...now i only need to find out why audio is not working even thou it works in all versions up to 1.0.5

CGarces may be able to offer some help here, I can only assume it's one of the packages that has been updated if it's broken as they have all been recently updated to their latest versions or a configuration problem.

All three player I bought for $ 25-35 - they are ordinary.

My friends also bought players S905X other models - they all play 192/24 on optic.

Look in the audio settings - paragraph do not remember exactly - "limit sampling rate" - maybe there you have 96 khz? In this case, set 192 (or 352, 384)

I never said they won't play it, I was merely pointing out that some boxes are built differently and as I said previously not to expect miracles from a cheap box. Whilst it works for some it doesn't mean it will for all, there is some people here who can not use wifi because vendors have changed parts. This is just one of the reasons it may not be working for racko.

There is a great disparity with amlogic devices, just look at how many different wifi chipsets are in use, just because 1 box can handle 24/192 it doesn't mean they all will, some have cheaper/worse components than others and this could also translate where the S/PDIF interface is concerned as well.

Thanks!

It is nothing urgent, just a desire to have control over which version we update to.

I will look into this, it's a relatively easy change to make.

On another note, a new version has been uploaded v1.0.7.1 unfortunately this will require a manual upgrade as I broke automatic upgrades in 106 by moving the patch for LE-settings. Just place the update tarball in the update folder and reboot.

This version includes the latest version of Kodi source and the RTL8723DS wifi driver and of course the latest changes in the LE master branch.

Hi,

Have just upgraded my s905x to 8.2.1.1 and found the following at the bottom of the kodi log on first boot...

Is something broken?

Thanks ever so much.

Code
    18:45:26.712 T:3892310944   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_url(https://sx05.eu/releases/releases.json) ## ERROR: (HTTPError())
    18:45:26.713 T:3892310944   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/kszaq/ocz/le-master/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel/LibreELEC-settings-12c5f24/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 271, in load_url
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 435, in open
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 473, in error
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
                                                HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

You can ignore that, it's part of the automatic update code and your only seeing it because a file is missing on the server but it doesn't affect automatic updates from working.