Posts by mannebk

I have done the same thing just a bunch of days ago, new R4b 8gb and no problems with the stable branch...

I used the LE SD downloader and the Image for Pi4 on a Scandisk 16gb SD

Since my post is moderated and as a sidenote to the people developing the LE SD downloader: I love that its a non installed stand alone portable executable. Awesome decision! And I love how easy you made it for users to set up, its even better than Windows. Would you consider adding other distros too? Your tool would become the no 1 RPi flashing tool in no time since its so pain free. That in itself would be a good advertisement for LE as I had no hassles setting up my Kodi at all. Compared to my last Kodi setup experience this is so much different. Would I had known this I would have fixed my annoying Pi2b with the first version of Pi 4 long time ago. But don't touch a runing system is especially true when that system is a PITA to set up. The LE project really has done major improvements to user friendliness and performance for Kodi. Awesome, really.

cheers Manne

Thx, will do.

I also found an other solution. I could use an IR blaster controled by FHEM to control the amplifier.

As well as the projector and the electric projector screen.

So I think for starters I will make a dedicated FHEM GUI for cinema control thats controling all the stuff by IR and the Kodi by WiFi.

I was using the amplifier for web radio in the past, but I could do that through Kodi. The additional electricity from Pi wont make a difference, especially when I wont need the projector to see what the mouse is doing on the Kodi screen as FHEM Buttons don't need a visual feed back to the operator.

I could probably add even an IR receiver like the FLIRC 2nd Gen - USB Infrarot IR Adapter Dongle to the Kodi and do all the remote controls by IR...

Cheers Manne

edit: I'll post my FHEM integration when its finished and working

Hi Folks,

in the past I had Kodi on Rasbian on a Pi 2b with a power-line Ethernet adapter and a switch to give both Ethernet clients an up-link. One was the pi the other was the onkyo amplifier.

Now I have a Pi 4b and want to use the wlan0 as up-link, as I have excellent coverage at that location. On top I would like to use eth0 from Pi as a up-link for the onkyo amplifier via LAN, since that amplifier does not have WiFi, only Ethernet.

Thing is, tethering with NAT wont work, as I control the amplifier with the onkyo app remotely and this app need an IP address. Obviously the IP should be reachable with out a NAT in between. (I also control Kodi by app: yatse, since I have my phone always available, and with a remote usually the battery is empty when you need it)

I found this Bridge two wired network adapters and this Using a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC/KODI as a bridged WiFi Access point

So I tried a modified version. With

Code
    ip link set wlan0 master br0

I get

Code
    ip: RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

In my researche I found that bridged interfaces don't like wireless interfaces. Due to having 3 address blocks versus 4.

Form this link linux - Bridging wlan0 to eth0 - Server Fault I gained the understanding that 4addr is not really a solution as the router needs to run in WDS mode an the newer AVM Fritz!Box do not support that mode any more. Unfortunately I just recently upgraded to the top notch AVM Box for quite some money.

So any one with an idea how I could get my onkyo amplifier into my normal network without continued usage of the power-line adapter and switch or an AP?

For you to consider in your ideas: the reason for me wanting to dump the TP power-line is the adapter does forget his pairing occasionally. Very annoying as its difficult to access the stuff behind the beamer under the ceiling. Kind of like this: dismantle the bed, get a ladder, vacuum the dust, take the beamer down, take the amplifier down, get the power-line adapter, fix the pairing, and rebuilt every thing and don't mix up the cables, and for gods sake don't drop the beamer, then adjust the beamer properly and do a calibration for the screen. OMG I just wanted to watch a game, now its over. Yes I have tried several different brands for the power-line up-link like tp-link, devolo and netgear, I had that with more than one unit and brand. With devolo I had 7 dead units in 2 years, all replaced by warranty and except for one single unit those replacements died soon after the warranty was over. tp-link does kill the pairing every other months or so, at least it does not die on my, I think it has something to do how long I have the Kodi Beamer set disconnected from the grid. I sometimes don't watch for weeks or even months. How ever I want to get rid of that power-line trash anyway.

And I would like to have less stuff up there, rather than like in the past a beamer, the amplifier, the pi, a power-line unit, a remote controlled 230v socket and a switch and kilometers of cable. I would really like just beamer, amplifier and the pi, that would be a significant improvement.

regards

Manne