Posts by DEcosse

@all I have uploaded a new version with a few changes to test. This build is not tested by me (I switched to Krypton testing), please experienced users only! In case anything goes wrong, you can always downgrade by simply putting a previous version in Update folder and rebooting.

Changelog over 7.0.3.012a:

• fixed Bluetooth using hciattach (e.g. Realtek 8723BS)
    • new QCA9377 WiFi driver
    • new QCA9377 Bluetooth driver
    • added an udev rule in hope to fix non-working WiFi on boot (you no longer have to toggle it in settings)

LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012b.img.gz

Version with temperature sensor disabled will follow if this build is confirmed to work well.

Think you're almost there!
    There is one minor thing I noticed - if I disconnect the Ethernet and boot then when try to launch LibreELEC settings it posts error saying
    "LibreELEC settings not ready please try again later"
    but after about 30 s - 1 minute (this could be due to slow wireless connection) it will indeed open the settings;
    with ethernet connected the settings open immediately after boot.
    I have only tried about 5 boots but so far it has not required network access to be toggled
    Bluetooth is indeed working and I was able to successfully connect to a device which it found instantly
    (didn't even know it was in the room - one of my Mrs Fitbit type devices which it immediately found)
    Couldn't do anything with it of course, but at least it saw it & able to pair to it.

I'll do some more boots to see if the WiFi consistently activates
    I'll also go ahead & put it on my 'loaded' system running 12a, and then can measure wifi speed

... I purchased a Mediabox TX95 Amlogic S905x 2/16 I was wanting to give LibreELEC a go, but Im having trouble booting to it with an SDcard. I have followed the instructions in the guide but when I push the reset button and power it on it stays at the Amlogic S905X screen. Iam pushing the right reset buttion.

I'm not familiar with that particular box, but that would indeed appear to be the reset switch hole I would believe;
    besides, if it were not, it would continue to just boot into Android
    You should be able to feel a positive 'click' as you operate the switch, as confirmation

It sounds like you possibly have not formatted the SD Card properly, or you have an inadequate SD Card (better quality Samsung, Sandisk etc Class 10)
    So ensure that you are starting with a good card and reformat it;
    Here is a simplified version of the install procedure for an S905X from SD Card

The following is the process extracted from opening post:
    (the red parts are superfluous; the purple comments are added by me; i.e. just follow the BOLD steps

SD card/USB drive:
    Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all. Some boxes are unable to boot from USB drive.[Ignore references to USB if using SD Card]
    Look at the beginning of first post in thread and find Downloads link. Download file with img.gz extension.
    Burn the downloaded file to SD card or USB drive using Rufus. [Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way note that you will be doing this off-line on a Windows machine]
    Alternatively you can use LE tool but remember that you have to download the image manually: Installation - LibreELEC
    After this you will see that drive capacity is 512MB. This is OK as there is a second (hidden) partition on the drive for LE userdata! [Informational only]
    Download a device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there. [Not required for S905X]
    To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:
    toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    [This one is the simplest]
    menu button method (works with very few devices): disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push menu button on your remote control and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.
    recovery method (2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.
    recovery method (3rd variant): if your box is rooted, use terminal emulator app and execute reboot update command
    recovery method (4th variant): enable ADB (Google it) and issue adb reboot update command

Note that after the initial boot, you no longer have to use the reset button to boot - if SD Card is inserted it will boot automatically to LE; if ejected it will boot to Android.

The condensed version:

SD card
    Look at the beginning of first post in thread and find Downloads link. Download file with img.gz extension.
    Burn the downloaded file to SD card or USB drive using Rufus. [Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way note that you will be doing this off-line on a Windows machine]
    After this you will see that drive capacity is 512MB. This is OK as there is a second (hidden) partition on the drive for LE userdata! [Informational only]
    To boot the system for the first time:
    toothpick method - disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.

Note that after the initial boot, you no longer have to use the reset button to boot - if SD Card is inserted it will boot automatically to LE; if ejected it will boot to Android.

It has been happening with Qualcomm Wifi module in my TX5 Pro S905x 2GB/16GB so i don't believe it is Aigale related.
    Just letting you know.

Interesting - this was reported in the thread regarding development of the Aigale WiFi driver support (big thanks kszaq !!!) - I have a Beelink MiniMXIII II
    I had believed this to be just related to that.
    The signature is that if you reboot, occasionally the driver will not start; you must (effectively) stop & restart the driver by disable/re-enable of the WiFi in the LE Settings - so you are saying this happens also with the Qualcomm driver used in your TX5? (it apparently uses the AP6255)
    The good news is it is, at worst, a 'nuisance' rather than a show-stopper, where all you have to do is toggle the WiFi;
    Weird one though if indeed also happening with other driver

Even WiFi works without the string of commands told by kszaq? It's been told here that the Beelink MiniMXIII II employs Aigaile WiFi chip that needs adding a few lines in the autostart.sh for the WiFi to work.

Thanks.

THAT is old news - the Aigale WiFi code is now included directly in the image and no additional amendment to the autostart.sh is required
    See the note by kszaq in the opening post of this thread however - OCCASIONALLY (not always) after a reboot (or power up) it may require the WiFi to be disabled/re-enabled to start the driver.

Drivers for Aigaile WiFi may need to be reloaded from time to time by manually toggling WiFi in LE Settings.

i.e. much of the time it will just work as intended - only if it does not, simple work-around is just to disable/re-enable the WiFi under the LE settings

Not seen it myself. Running from sd card.

I am running from SD Card also

have also tried the latest build and can confirm after a couple of boots wifi remains off and has to be turned off then on again to get a connection, I also had once or twice a "lock" as above when restarting and had to pull plug and restart again

Looks like 5500 has seen the same issues as I reported - initially thought it looked fine (it DID seem OK for a couple of boots) but repeated reboots, highlighted the issue
    i.e. sometimes it works and sometimes it still required the disable/enable process.
    I was also interested to see that 5500 also has those occasional lock-ups, identical in description to what I get

Please try this new build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161129232917-r23467-gdee7939.img.gz

I have added a workaround that might make the driver finally work correctly.

Still not quite there kszaq - at first I thought it was resolved, the wireless connected automatically after reboot; worked successfully on two successive reboots;
    then on next try, it was same as previous - had to disable/re-enable the wireless networks in order for it to reconnect.
    i.e.
    Reboot
    Check connections tab - nothing there
    Go to Networks - disable then re-enable wireless networks
    Go to connections - already connected to my router.

At least there is that 'work-around' to stop & re-start the wireless network;
    but it would be perfect if did not have to do that.

One other thing I have noticed - get occasional lock-up after restarting, when opening the 'networks' tab - it just locks screen with a 'loading' message, but never completes it;
    saw this with previous revisions also
    But it is infrequent - more 'not' than often.

Have any of you other testers seen this last issue? kodiuser1 ?

Can you please test this build, all "hacks" should be deleted: 2016-11-24

Can you clarify kszaq - is this the only build (at time of writing) that has this (latest) version of the wifi code for Aigale?
    Or do the subsequent builds (from the 7.02.009 thread) on later days also incorporate these same mods?
    (or waiting for a proven final solution before merging with the other test build features?)

edit - the 11-24 is gone now and I loaded & tested the 11-26 development build

WiFi works, but like kodiuser1 found have to de-activate and re-activate wifi networks with each power on.

Incidentally, a handy program add-on is the OOKLA Speed Test - there are a few iterations of essentially the same thing available.

I found that Beelink MINI MXIII II TV Box Amlogic S905X has 16GB and 32GB version

Does this image work on 32GB version ?

Can't answer the last part but note that the MXIII II utilizes bluetooth/wifi chip requiring driver that is not supported (yet).

Also I believe your vendor link will get deleted! You might consider to edit your post and delete that part yourself

I've installed gz on to loads of boxes with no problem, however, I've tried today with a KIII S905X

Is this definitely an S905X? The only KIII I can find says its a S905 (but its hard to keep up with the changes and lack of unique naming for all these boxes!)
    So try the appropriate device tree for an S905 and see how it goes

I also tried to test this new build but my device did not manage to boot.Tested on 3 different uSD (Tanix TX5pro 2GB RAM 16GB eMMC).
    5 consecutive boot ends with: could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 not even LibreELEC splash only black screen
    Older test build boot normally.
    Tested with dtb.img as suggested also without dtb.img also with some custom edited dtb.img.

I tried on my Beelink MXIII II (S905X 2G/16G boot to SD Card) - same issue as pm_mickey (halts with 'could not mount device') - this was deleting the dtb.img as per opening post instruction (and how I had tested the previous build,which booted fine)
    Now there are contradicting (maybe confusing is better word) for S905X as to whether to
    a) delete the dtb.img
    b) leave the dtb.img
    c) use device tree from 7.0.2.007 build folder

This was with fresh image of latest build on a re-formatted SD card;
    I have only tried a) and got same 'could not mount (etc)' - when I checked the thread for updates and found pm-mickey was observing the same; but also the confusion about how to configure the SD card?

Just installed & run from SD card on newly acquired Beelink Mini MXIII II -

Initial observations:

no problems with boot sequence.
    I had an OTA update of the firmware and that gave opportunity to reboot to TWRP without having to add a dummy zip.

Did not load to flash (would like to keep Android for the Browser functionality primarily)

I did get the audio issue as reported in post 298 and the work-around of post 299
    And also as reported the WiFi is not functional with this chipset - I installed a USB WiFi adapter (Panda PAU06) and it worked as soon as it was inserted in the slot

It successfully accepted Black Glass Nova Skin and I was able to 'restore' it using skin back-up settings from another box;
    I was also able to restore an overall Kodi 'back-up' from same system to clone appearance and loaded add-ons

The UI was controlled successfully with no apparent issues from
    The supplied IR Remote
    A Minix Neo A2 Lite Remote (RF with Airmouse)
    Yatse App on my Android phone

The suspend function IS working - it will suspend by either selecting Suspend in the Quit Menu or the Red Button on the Beelink Remote;
    it will wake up again with the red button on the Beelink Remote.
    (it would not re-awake with the Neo Remote, probably because the USB is off-line)
    It will also 'shutdown' off the Quit menu and again restarts* off the Beelink Remote Red button, starting back into LibreElec (with the SD Card still inserted)
    * This is definitely a full shutdown and restart as opposed to suspend - it goes through the boot sequence after shutdown.
    I would also say it is definitely suspends (when that is selected vs shutdown) vs just a screen blank, since the USB remote does not work until re-awakened i.e. the USB port is not active;
    To clarify, this is all in LibreElec

That's all I have for now - it's only connected to a 1080 TV without a separate Sound System at the moment;
    but basic functionality is there!

Thanks again for all your efforts kszaq

Here at my house I would only be using LAN, but was going to get one for my father who would be using WiFi.

I am just waiting for mine (Mini MXIII II) to be delivered - went it to it pre-warned that the wifi was not yet available but I will use with LAN or was going to try a USB Wifi stick until the embedded drivers show up. (that might also be an option for your Dad, Nathan909 if it takes a little while)

I really went with the Beelink due to reports of them being one of the 'better' support teams - it's not my primary box and something to play with.
    Grateful for guys like kszaq who give so much to the community - try to give at least a little back by being another test mule.

I also sent Beelink a request for driver - hopeful they get enough inquiries it will prompt them - hopefully does not have the opposite effect! :D

Ah sorry, you did try to explain that in your earlier reply, but I hadn't fully understood.
    If I (now) understand correctly most of those in the index are the actual driver files and the last 5 or so are the firmware files.
    I think I got it! :D
    Your patience is amazing!