Posts by silentsound

Today I tried the following build on my raspberry:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-nightly-20210306-f4e99c3.img

I connected the rasbperry's hdmi 0 output to my tv, hdmi 1 output to my old receiver which is not a 4k, so hdmi 1.4.

HDR works perfectly, but despite that in the audio setup menu, the hdmi audio output of the receiver, no sound is heard.

IMG-20210307-134641.jpg

What HDMI port in your receiver is the audio only hdmi cable connected to? I have a similar situation. My soundbar focuses on vc4-hdmi0 (connected directly to the TV) and thus display 'TV'. I have to manually set it to a HDMI output so the audio plays too (vc4-hdmi1)

Also, are you sure you are audio your receiver can handle? Do you have passthrough enabled?

Now here I have a CEC question.

I have the Raspberry Pi 4 connected to the TV (main HDMI port) as well as my soundbar (2nd HDMI port) for HD audio as it does not support eARC. On the TV when I change to HDMI input where the pi is, the soundbar is still on 'TV', meaning i have to use the soundbar remote to change the soundbar HDMI output. Is there any way to automate it or use a CEC command so I don't have reach for the soundbar remote?

lolek FYI: today's nightly build LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210226-e12ff43.tar includes the ALSA buffer size change mentioned above.

Please give that a try, if you still get drop-outs and buffer underrun entries in kodi log test with buffermode 1.

so long,

Hias

DTS HD-MA playing without a problem so far. It didn't work too well back on 20210224.

DD+ passthrough is broken in kodi Garbled sound with DD+/EAC3 passthrough and official Dolby DD+ 7.1 sample · Issue #19182 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub so leave that disabled

I could play back Sony Swordsmith here, so it would be good if you could post a "pastekodi" log.

50/60fps UHD is quite problematic though. The video driver can't output 4kp50/60 yet and the HEVC decoder in the RPi is also struggling with these files - player debug overlay shows that A/V sync is climbing up. 4kp24/30 files generally work fine though.

so long,

Hias

I tried another similar file Downloads Page - Demolandia but that one stuttered too. I thought it might have been my NAS so played it locally from a USB; was smoother but still jumped around.

Few observations from using the latest LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210218-7e43082

-HDR/HD audio pass-through seems to work fine

-As someone mentioned before, DD+ pass-through doesn't work (but when disabled soundbar outputs as PCM)

-High frame rate (60 fps) videos don't work (memory issue or not supported yet? My settings perhaps?)

like the sony sword one: Sony: Swordsmith HDR UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media

Sadly seem so...

"HDCP 2.2 is specifically designed for 4K Ultra HD (4K) content, as well as movies and TV shows available with High Dynamic Range (4K HDR)."

Hey guys, first post here but been using LibreElec for quite a quite now. Fantastic stuff!

I finally got around to test a nightly build with HD Audio. The few minutes of various films I played have access to sounded very promising.

Got a few questions:

1.The latest blog post says " [we] would like to encourage wider testing." What should nightly users focus on testing? Any specific areas, ideas, media combinations?
    2.What is the preferred way of sharing logs. I came across pastepin a few times in this and other threads but I'm not entirely sure how to use that. Any guides, tips somewhere else on the forum?

Thanks again and looking forward to the next stable release!